cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad gameplay on GTA IV with Asus board & graphics!

rculver9056
Level 7
Please bear in mind that I am neither a gamer nor an overclocker! lol

I have an Asus R9 290 (r9290-dc20c-4gd5) and I am trying to play GTA IV (via Steam)

I asked for info before I bought on another gaming forum, and people said I'd get good game play with this card and my system. (Asus Maximus VI Gene, Intel Core i5 4670 with a Noctua NH-L12 cooler, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR 3, a 650W EVGA SuperNOVA NEX650G and I am running Windows 10 Technical Preview (Build 10240)

The gameplay is very disappointing, and I have very low settings:
The game stutters often, especially when I am driving and other vehicles are passing, or I am turning corners. (I tried to capture a video, but the damn thing doesn't show the stuttering lol!)

Also, I have added "-norestrictions -nomemrestrict" to the Launch options in steam, as suggested in a web search because of that red text.

I have the beta Windows 10 drivers installed. I also have the game installed in Windows 8 with the drivers from the Asus site, and that is not a lot better. I also run the game with the ROG Gaming Booster on.

Am I expecting too much, or could this be improved?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I just set the game to default settings:
The gameplay is a little better, but still stutters in places. I also tried to do another clip, but again the stuttering doesn't show lol
Surely my system can do a little better than this?!
0 REPLIES 0