cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful Asus Rma Customer Service...

xmercenaryx
Level 7
So I own quite a few Asus products, 2 video cards, 2 motherboards, and an asus rog laptop. I've always told my friends and family Asus makes good products, and I do believe that. Well my first Asus product failed, my 4870 dk 1gb top edition. White lines down my screen, artifacting like crazy, it was dead. I swapped in the video card from my fiances computer and it worked just fine, so yeah video card dead.

I started the rma processs and was already somewhat worried because I opted for signature confirmation on the card. Well the card was delivered but the asus status was still not received, and it had been around 5 days since it was delivered. Eventually it did update, whew. Well I get the video card back and it is in awful condition. 2 capacitors were bent to 45' angles, one feels like its about to fall off. My support frame was bent as well. The video card itself also was covered in a layer of grease, dirt, and fingerprints. If I put this thing in my computer, I'm pretty sure 2 capacitors would have blown and the card would have fried itself and possibly damaged other components. I take really good care of my computer, it has extreme cooling and ventilation and is air dusted quite often, my card when it was sent off looked as if it were new.

So I call Asus back, I had to spend 2-3 hours or more (cant remember, really long) on the phone explaining what had happened, I sent them pictures and everything. So they told me they would do a cross swap and send me a new video card, he said they most likely dont have mine in stock so they will send something similar but he still has to check, he said he would email me or call me by the end of day, or early next morning and he would also provide me with a shipping label.

So its almost the end of the following day and I call back and tell him I havent received a label or any email. He said hold on and checked his email (If I didnt call who knows how much longer if would have taken) He said the warehouse was out of stock of my card and now he has to check California for stock (why didnt he check both warehouses in the first place) once again he said I would get a label and he would contact me by end of day or the next morning.

Once again no contact, I call and i'm told hes on a call, they said they would notify him and he would call me back, a couple hours pass with no call, I call him back and they say hes on lunch, and they will have him call me in 10 minutes when he is back. He calls me after a few hours and tells me the california warehouse is out of stock and he is going to request to "headquarters" to send me a replacement, he said he would contact me once again end of day, or the following morning. This time I waited that whole day, and the next day, and then after hearing nothing called him again on the 3rd day and In which the whole thing happened with me having to be called back, but that never happening so I had to call back and wait on hold for him.

He gets on the phone, once again acts like he is just now looking into it checking his email and he says "headquarters" says they are going to try to fix my card again and "make it like new". I asked him what happened to advance swapping it like you said and he said were going to fix it and if we cant maybe we'll send you something else.

I've spent over 4-5 hours on the phone with these people, this is insane. I used to buy EVGA products and they ran kinda hot but if they ever failed they would repair/swap the card out ASAP, no calls, nothing at all. I feel like if i didnt spend all the hours I did following up, I wouldent even have gotten this far. After all this happened, I started looking online and seeing so many posts about Asus service and it makes me sad, I really do think they make good products but the service is so bad, so so bad.

I dont even care anymore if its repairable or not, I dont want a card thats been dragged through the mud like this and I dont see how such a company could treat its customers this way. After all this I just cant recommend Asus to anyone, or atleast the service they provide after the sale.

2 bent capacitors on the bottom right and bent frame on the top right.

greasy and dirty
18 REPLIES 18

Take_it_Upstair
Level 7
Same exact thing here: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?10679-No-response-on-my-RMA
Make them give you a brand new card.:o

If it was just the frame like that other guy I would just bend it back and use it rather than deal with rma people again...Pretty sure If I put my card in my computer the capacitors would explode, who knows if the card was even fixed in the first place, they didnt provide any details on any repairs in the box or over the phone.

I'm upset at this whole situation and even though the folks at rma don't seem to be making anyone happy, I don't know who's fault it is, the people working at the bottom or the people at the top. Everytime I call I've only ever heard the same 3-4 names before asking for the one that was working on my rma. Is that all people they have doing rma's for North America?

Asus should be leading tech in products and service considering how large they are...

xmercenaryx wrote:
....Pretty sure If I put my card in my computer the capacitors would explode, ...

I don't think so, if something they will not work.

Area 66 wrote:
I don't think so, if something they will not work.

With the leads pulled out from the can, they will pop like firecrackers.

xmercenaryx wrote:
If it was just the frame like that other guy I would just bend it back and use it rather than deal with rma people again...Pretty sure If I put my card in my computer the capacitors would explode, who knows if the card was even fixed in the first place, they didnt provide any details on any repairs in the box or over the phone....

From the looks of these RMA's, it like a bunch of pissed off, miserable *******s in the RMA dept.
Same crap happened with my camcorder at Panasonic. $1200 brand new camcorder looked like a hockey puck when they where done with it. So I paid them back. I ordered a new camcorder from their online store, and returned my hockey puck for a refund.

Back to your card, If you like, I can send you brand new 270uF 16v Sanyo conductive polymer caps for free as I have a quanity of them in stock. PM me if interested.

Thanks bro but I think i'm good. I've been in contact with Mason@Asus and hopefully things will get moved along, sadly its still going to have taken a month minimum from start to finish to get this resolved, one month without my main computer, and thats with me calling asus every 2 days to get an update and push things along. I can only imagine how long it would have taken if I never called in.

Buy your self a cheap video card in the meantime. Or maybe someone you know has a spare you can borrow. Or if you like I can send you a card that you can keep.

you're too kind 😃 I'm good though, I'm using my gf's asus rog laptop, I just miss sitting on my desktop is all, her laptop can handle anything my desktop can.

xmercenaryx wrote:
you're too kind 😃 I'm good though, I'm using my gf's asus rog laptop, I just miss sitting on my desktop is all, her laptop can handle anything my desktop can.
WOW! I cant even give away a 7970!