cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMD Catalyst bug reports [Eyefinity / Crossfire]

Juanlo
Level 9

For all of you that don't know me, let me introduce myself. My name is Juanlo and I'm an AMD betatester (and I'm Spanish so apologies for my English). I do not work for AMD, I'm just an enthusiast user like you all, but I was chosen a few months ago to be in direct contact with AMD and help them by gathering info from the community about problems and driver bugs affecting AMD cards. After a happy ending of the system freezes on Radeon 79xx cards in Eyefinity & Crossfire with X79/X58 chipsets thread, several users there wanted to continue debugging problems with our computers and AMD Radeon cards, so this new thread is born.

The target of this thread is to gather info about problems and driver bugs you may find with AMD Radeon cards, focusing on multigpu and multidisplay configurations. There are other forums where gamers and AMD betatesters interact and help each other, but here at Republic of Gamers we are not common gamers. We are ultra-enthusiast users with passion for our gaming rigs and gaming in general, so we don't settle with single GPU or single monitor configurations.

So, how should you report driver bugs? As you may have guessed, the more info you provide, the better. If we want to get the maximum attention to our reports, they must be very thorough reports. So, do not forget to include:

- Rig details. Motherboard, chipset, CPU, RAM and OS. If you put that info on your signature, you don't need to include it with the post.
- Driver details. Post the driver version where you have found the problem. Please, always use the latest Catalyst driver available.
- Step by step guide to reproduce the problem.
- Screenshots if applicable. Please, do not embed the screenshot at the forum, just add a link to a image hosting website.
- Workarounds, if any. On the old thread, a user posted a problem that could be fixed by setting the game executable to Windows XP compatibility.
- Compare to single screen/single gpu. Does the problem go away when switching to single screen and/or single GPU mode?
- Video if applicable. You can't imagine how important a video of a problem can be. The amount of freeze videos I sent to AMD when debugging the X79 problem helped a lot to catch their attention. If they can see a step-by-step video of a driver bug, it will be faster. And it will be also faster for me. The more videos you record, the less videos I have to record, and the more bugs I will be able to replicate and send.

I will try to keep a record of the reported bugs and their status on the second post of this thread. If you have any suggestions to make the whole process better and more friendly for us, please let me know.

Good hunting folks!
211 REPLIES 211

Here's another crash with amdkmdap with my first ever 10min game of BF3! Decreasing the load on the GPUs through the graphical options made me play smoothly for 10 mins before a crash occured.

-

0x80000000000000

System
Initial-PC

-
amdkmdap

Akriant
Level 7
Anyone got a fix for tri-fire and Far Cry 3 ? :rolleyes:

Get in line! Waiting for those 12.12 betas that will make me grow in places I like 😉

In other news... Just removed my second crossfire cable... sweet lord oh almighty!!!! Had the sweetest game play ever with my eyefinity setup at last!

FPS is borked with two cards (Barely going over 20 fps with high settings) but downgraded the graphics and I am back to fragging noobs in BF3 again!

king4x4 wrote:
FPS is borked with two cards (Barely going over 20 fps with high settings) but downgraded the graphics and I am back to fragging noobs in BF3 again!
Which cards do you have? I have two 7970 and I'm above 60fps all the time on ultra settings.

Akriant wrote:
Anyone got a fix for tri-fire and Far Cry 3 ? :rolleyes:

Game doesn't crash here just stutuuutters badly..
-Desktop-
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero / AMD 5800x / 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RBG (CMT32GX4M4C3600C18) @ 3800 /2x Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 (Raid 0)/ 1x Samsung 860 Evo SSD / Corsair AX1200 PSU / ASUS Strix Helios Case / Corsair HydroX Custom Loop D5, CX7, XG7 420+280 Rad/ Asus Strix 3090 / Asus PG35VQ Ultrawide Monitor / Corsair Commander PRO 3x ql120, 4x ql140 fans / Edifier 1850DB Speakers + T5 Sub /
Asus Theta 7.1 Headset

king4x4
Level 7
2x Gigabyte 7950s on F3 bios on Water.

Forgot to mention I am playing on Three 2560x1440 screens 😆

Dartmaul
Level 12
Seems the res makes a huge difference since 7970 and 7950 are pretty close.

Juanlo
Level 9
For Fary Cry 3, limiting framerate is the way to remove stuttering. Edit My Documents\My Games\Far Cry 3\GamerProfile.xml and add the following text just after ShowFps="0":

MaxFps="45"

You can test with different values from 30 to 60, even 30 gives a very smooth and stable framerate. For me it completely fixed the stuttering with trifire & eyefinity in DX11. If you change graphics settings within the game, you may have to edit the xml file again to add the MaxFps value.

By the way, I have yet to see a crash in Far Cry 3.

Juanlo wrote:
For Fary Cry 3, limiting framerate is the way to remove stuttering. Edit My Documents\My Games\Far Cry 3\GamerProfile.xml and add the following text just after ShowFps="0":

MaxFps="45"

You can test with different values from 30 to 60, even 30 gives a very smooth and stable framerate. For me it completely fixed the stuttering with trifire & eyefinity in DX11. If you change graphics settings within the game, you may have to edit the xml file again to add the MaxFps value.

By the way, I have yet to see a crash in Far Cry 3.

I can't for the life of me figure out what is wrong with the hud in this game. I see some people with the Hud positioned correct in eyefinty and nvidia surround. For me it is in the left screen top center and enlarged way to big. Anyone else's Hud all jacked up?
-Desktop-
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero / AMD 5800x / 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RBG (CMT32GX4M4C3600C18) @ 3800 /2x Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 (Raid 0)/ 1x Samsung 860 Evo SSD / Corsair AX1200 PSU / ASUS Strix Helios Case / Corsair HydroX Custom Loop D5, CX7, XG7 420+280 Rad/ Asus Strix 3090 / Asus PG35VQ Ultrawide Monitor / Corsair Commander PRO 3x ql120, 4x ql140 fans / Edifier 1850DB Speakers + T5 Sub /
Asus Theta 7.1 Headset

I have the same problem as you Hk-47.