cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMD Catalyst bug reports [Eyefinity / Crossfire]

Juanlo
Level 9

For all of you that don't know me, let me introduce myself. My name is Juanlo and I'm an AMD betatester (and I'm Spanish so apologies for my English). I do not work for AMD, I'm just an enthusiast user like you all, but I was chosen a few months ago to be in direct contact with AMD and help them by gathering info from the community about problems and driver bugs affecting AMD cards. After a happy ending of the system freezes on Radeon 79xx cards in Eyefinity & Crossfire with X79/X58 chipsets thread, several users there wanted to continue debugging problems with our computers and AMD Radeon cards, so this new thread is born.

The target of this thread is to gather info about problems and driver bugs you may find with AMD Radeon cards, focusing on multigpu and multidisplay configurations. There are other forums where gamers and AMD betatesters interact and help each other, but here at Republic of Gamers we are not common gamers. We are ultra-enthusiast users with passion for our gaming rigs and gaming in general, so we don't settle with single GPU or single monitor configurations.

So, how should you report driver bugs? As you may have guessed, the more info you provide, the better. If we want to get the maximum attention to our reports, they must be very thorough reports. So, do not forget to include:

- Rig details. Motherboard, chipset, CPU, RAM and OS. If you put that info on your signature, you don't need to include it with the post.
- Driver details. Post the driver version where you have found the problem. Please, always use the latest Catalyst driver available.
- Step by step guide to reproduce the problem.
- Screenshots if applicable. Please, do not embed the screenshot at the forum, just add a link to a image hosting website.
- Workarounds, if any. On the old thread, a user posted a problem that could be fixed by setting the game executable to Windows XP compatibility.
- Compare to single screen/single gpu. Does the problem go away when switching to single screen and/or single GPU mode?
- Video if applicable. You can't imagine how important a video of a problem can be. The amount of freeze videos I sent to AMD when debugging the X79 problem helped a lot to catch their attention. If they can see a step-by-step video of a driver bug, it will be faster. And it will be also faster for me. The more videos you record, the less videos I have to record, and the more bugs I will be able to replicate and send.

I will try to keep a record of the reported bugs and their status on the second post of this thread. If you have any suggestions to make the whole process better and more friendly for us, please let me know.

Good hunting folks!
211 REPLIES 211

heiligenschein
Level 7
should i stick to the old driver for less problem.
Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine. - Nikola Tesla

josipbroz
Level 7
Hello!
I have problem with my Matrix HD 7970 Platinum GPU. If I want to overclock/underclock GPU, 13.12 is the only Catalyst which I can use. Currently I have installed Omega driver and I can not do anything with driver itself, ASUS GPUTweak and MSI Afterburner. Couple hours ago I tested GPU under Linux and everything is OK.
Help please!