cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZEN 4 RYZEN X670E ECO MODE NOT WORKING! 7700x

Bakarilos
Level 7
Hi all,

i feel like a stupid person. My zen 4 runs hot at 80c when i log to windows. I have a zen 4 7700X and i read that i can use ECO MODE! My mobo is ASUS X670e extreme

i downloaded MASTER RYZEN and ECO mode doesn't appear.
I have the latest bios 0805
I go into BIOS and i select AMD OVERCLOCKING in ExTREME TWEAKER
I select PBO OVERDRIVE i select ADVANCED and ECO MODE!
it doesn't work though. i still have high temperatures and ECO MODE doesn't appear on RYZEN MASTER software.

I watched a video online and i saw the users going into another setting and putting their own settings n AMD OVERDRIVE PBO!

what can i do?
4 REPLIES 4

Bakarilos
Level 7
no replies.. no help from asus

Hello,
For me it looks like this. Idle with about over 40 degrees. Cinebench goes up to 70 with NH-D15 on low speed on fans on eco-mode. Without Eco (I remounted cooler in the meantime, got bit better) it was going up to 95C but at still 5.4Ghz single or 5.1 all core. I have TUF board, for eco if you do not have it, maybe update BIOS, i think on stock BIOS i did not have it. Now with 0809 it is there (you can use search function for ECO).

The 80C on boot could be possible, these procesors jump up in milliseconds and also cool down very quickly so even by starting Cinebench my temp is rising by 15C and on test in max 1 second on multicore to near 70 and single to bit over 70C. All that with Eco so without it could be easily 80+.

Bakarilos
Level 7
Hi, in BIOS boot i am at 40 degrees. in windows IDLE i am at 70 to 75 degress.

there is ECO MODE in Bios. i apply it BUT NOTHING HAPPENS! no change whatsoever!

70 is a bit high, maybe windows is doing something in background. I have 50 right now and only browser open, my fans at 15% or so. For ECO, what PPT does Ryzen master show for you? 88 = ECO 65W, 142 or so = 105W (stock for 7700x)

What cooler do you have, is it mounted properly? how much boost do you get in cinebench or programs like that? Theoretically 95C under load is fine, after that boost will drop to not go over 95C. If you still get 5Ghz+ all core then maybe it is fine? (depending on cooler i guess)