cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670E Hero Win 11 USB Install Needs Drivers Help

defied
Level 8

Hey all,

Just put together a box yesterday, downloaded the windows iso, burned to USB (now multiple USB) thumbdrive.

When I boot to the drive, it comes up with the continue and install options. After this it gives me the "Select Driver to Install" screen.

Now I've gone through all the drivers downloaded, although the chipset folder seems to just be an installer, but I can't find the actual drivers. I've spent a ton of time last night searching for this same situation and don't see anyone else having it.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm on BIOS 1003.

X670E Hero
AMD Ryzen 7950X

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

defied
Level 8

Okay, more progress.

I successfully installed linux which showed me my base hardware is relevant.

Then I went and used this utility:
https://configurelaptop.eu/how-to-create-a-bootable-windows-11-usb-in-linux-ubuntu/

Windows11 is now up and installing files (I had to import a key from the ventoy image in to MOK (MDK?).

I'm thinking it was because I was using Etcher on OSX (I don't have Windows in my house (until now).

I'll post if anything goes South, for troubleshooting references.

Thanks, guys!

D

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Wertzius
Level 7

It asks for network drivers - it needs Internet for the install.

You can also skip this part - just google it quick.

I've gone through that. I still get the errors when trying to select the LAN or WiFi drivers.

I've googled the hell out of this issue. Still am.

defied
Level 8

Same issue trying Windows 10 USB install.

I disconnected ALL peripherals (RTX is out, water cooling controllers, case USB connectors, even. All out.

Murph_9000
Level 14

This FAQ should help.  Although it uses the Intel I225/I226 Ethernet controller that has been around for a while, Microsoft ship a fairly old driver (even with 22H2) which doesn't recognise/support the latest variant of it.

[Motherboard] Troubleshooting - How to install Windows 11 Pro/Home operate system on AM5 or Intel Z7...

Thanks, but that leads me back to here, where I already have the drivers and attempt to load them (LAN and WiFi). This still fails (No new devices updated).

I'm going to get Ubuntu on there to ensure I can see the M.2, and USB controller.

defied
Level 8

Okay, more progress.

I successfully installed linux which showed me my base hardware is relevant.

Then I went and used this utility:
https://configurelaptop.eu/how-to-create-a-bootable-windows-11-usb-in-linux-ubuntu/

Windows11 is now up and installing files (I had to import a key from the ventoy image in to MOK (MDK?).

I'm thinking it was because I was using Etcher on OSX (I don't have Windows in my house (until now).

I'll post if anything goes South, for troubleshooting references.

Thanks, guys!

D