Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670E Hero RAM errors

Rsmgs4
Level 7
Hello,

Experiencing a weird behavior, as this issue is for a newly build:
Just purchased the X670E Hero board, with 128GB of RAM. (CMH64GX5M2B5200Z40K)

The RAM is EXPO certified, and I'm using the default speeds (3600MHz while using 4 DIMMs)
Already there were a couple of Bluescreen restarts by windows, just by browsing the web for applications to install.
Nothing that will push the CPU/RAM, and given how often this happened in a new built, I decided to run a Memory Diagnostic test.

Upon starting the test, already the status showed:
Hardware Problems were Detected, and I'm waiting for it to complete.

From the Motherboard page under Supported RAM, the CMH64GX5M2B5200Z40K is not listed, therefore wondering if this is causing the system to be unstable, with frequent bluescreen errors.

I will run the test again, having only 2 memory modules installed instead of 4, just in case, but I want to identify that the issue is with the RAM or with the M/B.

Any thoughts on this are more than welcome.

Thank you.

P.S. I have updated to the latest BIOS for the board, before even installing windows.
4 REPLIES 4

feanor_black
Level 10

I also bought initially 128 gigabytes of memory for this motherboard. Again, asus, as usual, did not test the Kingston Fury DDR5-6000 32768MB PC5-48000 Beast AM5 1Rx8 Black (KF560C36BBE-32) memory on the AMD motherboard, moreover, there are no 32 GB modules tested in 4 slots at once, so they are like they usually lie about the normal support of 128 GB of RAM, since there is no testing of such a memory amount in their list at all. I was forced to leave only 64 GB of RAM so far, since it works stably even on 6400 in two slots for bios 0925

Apothocary
Level 9

There's a few things at play here. 

1) You've got two RAM kits installed. As in, four sticks from two seperate boxes. This is never a guaranteed success. 
2) You are using RAM not listed in the QVL.

Your BSOD's are most likely from unstable RAM. Download MemTest86 and follow the install instructions. You boot from a USB drive it creates and will run a lengthy test on your RAM. I believe you will see hundreds/thousands of errors almost immediately -- and if you get just one error in MemTest, that's an unstable system.

So you have two options:

1) Use one kit, but only 64GB (return the other)
2) Return both kits and find a single 128GB kit (or maybe even a 192GB kit now that the HD RAM is support in 1003 BIOS)

forty_b
Level 7

Got the same problem. Ive order pc with 128, but got it with 64 (mistake from shop). When I try to install more 64 I’ve got a ram error lamp without boot. Trying to change or replace slots doesn’t help. So I place all 128 ram, turn on, got an error lamp and start to searching problem solution on another pc. After 5-8 minutes error got away and pc start boot normally. Ram was KVR48U40BD8K2-64

As above. Combining or mixing kits is neither supported nor recommended, as kits are binned in the density in which they are sold. Purchase a single kit in the density you wish to run.

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090