cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670e Hero QCode 00

huppra
Level 7
So when gaming or even randomly using the desktop the system will black screen and shutdown with the Qcode - 00. Everywhere I search says the code is not used or means there is a CPU problem. Well this is now my 3rd 7950x and second ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO. Two 7950xs' have reported Qcode 00, and one was DOA would blue screen every boot . The two cpu's that report qcode 00 both seem to function fine for awhile before this happens but it happens at least once day.

The only changes made to the bios 0614,0705,0803,0805 have been a fan curve, and applying AMD Expo timings for the memory.

The first motherboard had bent pins so it was never used.

You can find the rest of my system specs attached to my profile on the drop down to the left.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.
33 REPLIES 33

Poloasis wrote:
During my test for at least 4 days seems to be the Asus BoostIt causes the QCode 00. More so the CPU boosting the CPU past 5.7GHz. Also seeing the same with BIOS AI optimization also triggers QCode 00 which pushes the CPU to 5.875 so COD MWII would trigger it.

7950x on a HERO board with 0805 and disabled boostit. Still got 00 error code while gaming randomly. It's happening more and more now.

CPU temp was 65 and GPU 55. at the time of crash.

huppra
Level 7
This error just got even more crazy for me. I'm on a completely new Asus Hero board and new 7950x. I will shutdown my computer at night; then the next morning I'm not able to even power it back on without doing a hard PSU power off.

huppra wrote:
This error just got even more crazy for me. I'm on a completely new Asus Hero board and new 7950x. I will shutdown my computer at night; then the next morning I'm not able to even power it back on without doing a hard PSU power off.

They need a fix asap. No bios update in 2 months either to address it.

HI have the exactly issue with my system. I got a 7900x with an x670e Hero and a Gskill 30cl 6000mhz.
I used to use the AI overclocker but I have now stopped to see if it's that. it's not crashed yet but its just really random when it happens. on a separate help page, someone mentioned that it could be the cooler is over-tightened on the socket I have a custom loop with strings for it to have even tension. I hope it helps, but I wish this gets fixed ASAP with a Proper Bios update or something.

lopes390 wrote:
HI have the exactly issue with my system. I got a 7900x with an x670e Hero and a Gskill 30cl 6000mhz.
I used to use the AI overclocker but I have now stopped to see if it's that. it's not crashed yet but its just really random when it happens. on a separate help page, someone mentioned that it could be the cooler is over-tightened on the socket I have a custom loop with strings for it to have even tension. I hope it helps, but I wish this gets fixed ASAP with a Proper Bios update or something.

I think you might be on to something, I'm currently troubleshooting my own 7950X build. It runs FINE on a test bench with an AIO, but the second I put it in my PC with EK's AM5 Quantum Velocity 2 block it codes 00 when I start a game. I think EK ****ed up and the mounting pressure is too much, going to do some more testing in the coming days. And BTW I have an ASROCK board and not an ASUS, so this problem seems to be across the board leading me to believe EK is to blame.

Chris123NT wrote:
I think you might be on to something, I'm currently troubleshooting my own 7950X build. It runs FINE on a test bench with an AIO, but the second I put it in my PC with EK's AM5 Quantum Velocity 2 block it codes 00 when I start a game. I think EK ****ed up and the mounting pressure is too much, going to do some more testing in the coming days. And BTW I have an ASROCK board and not an ASUS, so this problem seems to be across the board leading me to believe EK is to blame.

Interesting, let us now what you find out and if you you came up with a fix maybe loosing the mounting perhaps.

Poloasis
Level 9
I have loosen the EK Velocite2 mount and basically it's the thermal compound holding it on the CPU. Set the BIOS to default via F5 and set set the AI OC, BIOS code 00 still happens via gaming after an hour or 2. It's not a tension issue but either CPU or BIOS on the Hero x670e.

Poloasis wrote:
I have loosen the EK Velocite2 mount and basically it's the thermal compound holding it on the CPU. Set the BIOS to default via F5 and set set the AI OC, BIOS code 00 still happens via gaming after an hour or 2. It's not a tension issue but either CPU or BIOS on the Hero x670e.

How much did you loosen it? Because when I say it's too tight I'm talking to the tune of there being almost no thermal paste left on the CPU, it's ridiculous. Will be conducting my tests this weekend and post results.

Poloasis
Level 9
It was loosen all the way, I kept a 360 turn on each screw in a cross pattern every time I was getting the Code 00 error. At the end it was completely loose, only the thermal compound was holding the cooler on the CPU.

Poloasis wrote:
It was loosen all the way, I kept a 360 turn on each screw in a cross pattern every time I was getting the Code 00 error. At the end it was completely loose, only the thermal compound was holding the cooler on the CPU.

Are you sure you have the Velocity 2 block? Because doing what you say wouldn't be possible on the 2 because it threads in from under the motherboard and loosening it too much would lift the block off the CPU.