cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670e Hero & corsair Icue with Asus plug in.

sfdmark
Level 7
I am not sure if this is the right "place" to post this, I apologize if not .
I am having some trouble to make the Icue Asus plug in to report the right readings and control lighting since I 've build this new PC.
Everything is updated and freshly installed, no problems in any other specific area but only in the motherboard readings through the plug in in ICUE. Icue is working fine, it reads perfectly fine my 3080ti and everything but not my M/B rog crosshair x670e Hero. Armoury crate on the other hand, it does read all sensors from motherboard correctly and can control the leds perfectly ok with it.
Also I don't know if it is related somehow, but when armoury crate services loading during windows start up my pc becomes unresponsive and choppy for 3-4 secs.
Does anybody else experiencing same issues ? I couldn't find any relevant posts regarding this, although I tend to believe it is asus plug in/ armoury crate issue.
There is also a screen capture of icue readings for my motherboard that it is actually frozen:
11 REPLIES 11

sfdmark
Level 7
So there is none around with corsair icue and asus x670e hero motherboard to confirm either that asus plug in works or it doesn't?

sfdmark wrote:
So there is none around with corsair icue and asus x670e hero motherboard to confirm either that Asus plug-in works or it doesn't?

I have the X670E Hero + icue. mine doesn't show anything at all though. icue won't even detect the memory to control the lighting. Unfortunately, this motherboard is a hot mess at the moment with multiple issues.

@sfdmark wrote:
So there is none around with corsair icue and asus x670e hero motherboard to confirm either that asus plug in works or it doesn't?

I feel you! Frustrating when you don't get any replies, isn't it. 🙂 I have an X670 Gene with a bunch of Corsair stuff, and iCue crashes ALL the goddam time, and the Asus plugin doesn't work at all. Doesn't even make the mobo show up in iCue.

Do I HAVE to have that POS Armory Crate installed for the plugin to work? I was hoping never having to use it - or even install it - because I've heard nothing but bad or terrible impressions of it.

Not going to try your workaround by disabling the TB controller by the way, because I don't think that's a reasonable solution considering the substantial price of this motherboard, nor one that even makes sense. What does the TB controller have to do with adjusting DIMM LEDs and stuff? Must be some kind of bug, and again, considering the price of the hardware this bug should be fixed.

We customers deserve better.

sfdmark
Level 7
Yes it is like mine , this happened after the latest update of fanexpert in Armoury crate. Thank you for replying. At least I know that I am not alone into this 🙂

sfdmark wrote:
Yes it is like mine , this happened after the latest update of fanexpert in Armoury crate. Thank you for replying. At least I know that I am not alone into this 🙂

you’re not alone, same for me. Have you done all the updates in armoury crate?
It suggests me updates for the board and the gpu to list them as devices.

I’m not trusting this piece of software so I have not done it yet. Â*

UPDATE:

Solved the problem for me. You need to deactivate the thunderbolt controller within the windows device manager. reeboot the system and the ram rgb is detected and you can control it via icue. read this in a german forum:
https://www.computerbase.de/forum/threads/probleme-mit-rgb-ram-beleuchtung-amd-x670e.2105524/#post-2...

dont know if its a problem with ique or the asus board, but it's quite disappointing keeping the price of the hardware in mind ...

Airman86 wrote:
UPDATE:

Solved the problem for me. You need to deactivate the thunderbolt controller within the windows device manager. reeboot the system and the ram rgb is detected and you can control it via icue. read this in a german forum:
https://www.computerbase.de/forum/threads/probleme-mit-rgb-ram-beleuchtung-amd-x670e.2105524/#post-2...

dont know if its a problem with ique or the asus board, but it's quite disappointing keeping the price of the hardware in mind ...

So to get this straight, we need to deactivate thunderbolt/usb4 from the bios and reboot in order for the asus plug in to work with ICUE. I will give it a go, though if I understand correctly the problem is not the memory rgb lights, which always was bugged in my previous built. My problem is that something is Armoury crate is blocking the Asus plugin of ICUE to read and control motherboard lights and fans. In the screenshot you can see for example that the plugin is unable to read any sensor from the motherboard or control the lights. On the other hand, armoury alone, is working fine but it doesn't have any control to any NON-asus hardware. So basically is no go for me and I guess for anyone with full setup (fans, cases etc...). ICUE did that before with the ASUS plugin which worked fine for 2 years in my previous built. I still have an open ticket with Corsair and the guys waiting for Asus armoury crate developers for a fix. Icue is working fine. The asus plugin bugs out.
Anyway, I will test this one and come back here for conformation, thank you for the info.

Just tested your suggestion which unfortunately didn't solve anything. As I said is previous post, is not the memory rgb control issue. The asus plug in doesn't recognise anything regarding the motherboard. It is working fine for my graphics card though which is 1+ old.
Asus have to update the plug in or fix armoury crate. Something is wrong on their end, not corsair's.

Anthony_Kinson
Level 7
motherboard sensors are showing up in iCue for me now, but iCue still isn't detecting the DDR5 Dominator memory. Seen a thread over on the corsair forums that there was a mixture of hardware faults and thunderbolt driver issues. However, my memory S/N isn't in their list, and iCue still won't detect my memory after thunderbolt is disabled. Not the end of the world but rather annoying, as stated, the prices of this stuff isn't cheap.