Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670E Hero + 7950X3D: Mouse laging / system unresponsive

SsX1337
Level 9
Hello everybody,

Just put together a brandnew system.
I updated to bios 922 of course, Windows 11 all Updates all drivers for everything.

Whenever something loads up like cpu-z and its starting to gather System information the pc starts to get unresponsive and the mouse cursor starts to stutter around the screen. Same thing happens when NZXT CAM loads up at system start (it loads a lot of services/gathers some System info I guess).

Very very weird. It's a 100% perfect fresh clean Windows setup. I have no idea what's causing it... any suggestions?

I will post a video of it later
8 REPLIES 8

rvalencia
Level 7
Try disabling USB 4 (Intel JHL8540 USB4) from the BIOS (Asus ROG X670E Hero, BIOS v805, under Advanced | PBS section).

If USB 4 is enabled, I can reproduce this issue by starting and running HWiNFO64 (use "sensors only" option) first and then starting CPU-Z.

Allright im gonna try and report back then.

Thans in advance

This fixed it thanks. Still not a perfect solution. Hope it gets fixed down the road

lesterlyu
Level 7

Same with the proart x670e board.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator

Hi,

To confirm, does this behaviour disappear after the software has loaded? It’s not uncommon for devices to hang when querying SPD [CPUZ] in such a way.

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Yes, the stuttering only happens when loading hwinfo sensors / cpu-z (seems like querying pci?).

DioEsiste
Level 9

Hi all, the problem is solved like this:

Device Management==> System Devices (scroll down to Thunderbolt(TM) Controller - 1137) ==> Right Click Properties ==> Power management ==> Uncheck

I hope I was helpful!

AMD 7950x with EKWB Quantum Magnitude Flat Coldplate Direct Die | Asus x670e Extreme | Gigabyte Aorus 4090 (@ Power Limit 80 Gpu Clock 2465Mhz Boost 2780Mhz Memory 1500mhz Gpu-z Info) | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO CL30-38-38-96 (@ CL28-36-36-36 1.35v) | 990pro 1TB x2 Raid 0 | Asus Loki 1000W Platinum | Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 240Hz Curved 32"| EKWB custom loop water cooling

Holy moly you legend, this has been p*ssing me off for like 9 months, every week looking for new drivers and firmware from Asus to address the issue, and you fixed it!