cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x670e Hero, 7950x, Bios 705, and Fan Xpert 4 Issues that BIOS reset fixes

andino
Level 10
Hello,

So, I've ran into this weird issue with Fan Xpert 4 where after a while (random time periods) the fans and water pump are not ramping up on the fan curves. They are sticking right at the base speeds even with temperature increases.

This is problematic for me as I have a custom loop and like to keep my system cool.

Changing the curves does nothing. The fans stick to the lowest speeds always.
Auto Tuning the fans does nothing.
I've tried uninstalling Armory Crate and reinstalling and it did not fix the issue.
I've tried reinstalling Windows and it didn't fix the issue.
I've tried setting the fan curve in BIOS and the same issue happens. The water temp would be above a triggered rate and the fans and pump would not ramp up.

The only thing that has worked for me was clearing the CMOS. Then and only then the fans start working on the curves again. The problem is that at random times they stop working and my system heats up again. This leads me to believe that there is something in the BIOS that is making it so that the fans are not working correctly.

Are other people having this issue as well? Also, what are my next steps to elevate this to ASUS so that they can look into the issue?

Thanks...
19 REPLIES 19

andino
Level 10
After a CMOS reset and putting my settings back into BIOS the fans are back on their curve again.

I hope this gets fixed in a BIOS update.

Darox
Level 9
AI cooling II has to be on yours showing off. try on you will see difference

andino
Level 10
Turning AI Cooling "On" or "Off" did not change the fans from ramping to the curve.

I had forgot to put that in the original post. But I had it turned "On" and the fans wouldn't work. I had actually tried turning it to "Off" to see if that changed anything before I took that picture.

Poloasis
Level 9
After a few days of using Xpert Fan 4 after a full windows rebuild, the module disappeared completely. I uninstalled Amory Crates and cannot reinstalled, error 102 or make sure you're connected to the internet. I went back to Asus for the AM5 platform and their software is still lacking. I followed all troubleshooting on re-installing Amory Crate to no joy. I even tried the standalone Aura Lighting Control, will not install. Basically for me to reinstall any of that is a reformat.

Qwinn
Level 11
Andino, are you running Aida 64 sensors? There seems to be an issue (which is affecting me) where activating Aida 64 sensors causes the CPU package temperature to get locked, at least on Aida itself, plus also my Crossfire Extreme mobo LCD and Ryujin II CPU cooler LCD. And when those temps get locked, fans obey the locked temp, not what the actual temp is (even if some other softwares can keep reading it accurately). Pretty dang dangerous if you ask me.

https://forums.aida64.com/topic/10456-7950x-cpu-temp-issue/page/2/

Qwinn wrote:
Andino, are you running Aida 64 sensors? There seems to be an issue (which is affecting me) where activating Aida 64 sensors causes the CPU package temperature to get locked, at least on Aida itself, plus also my Crossfire Extreme mobo LCD and Ryujin II CPU cooler LCD. And when those temps get locked, fans obey the locked temp, not what the actual temp is (even if some other softwares can keep reading it accurately). Pretty dang dangerous if you ask me.

I have the same issue with Aida64 Extrema the temp are locked at 57c CPU and 68 CPU pkg, once you put the Windows in sleep mode an wake it up, Aida64 now seems to record the correct temps. Also the Q-code have it locked also after boot and reports correct temp after sleep/wake.

Qwinn wrote:

I don't use Aida 64. Didn't even install it.

And that does sound crazy.

andino
Level 10
So, it happened again today. I did a CMOS reset and the fans are on the curve again.

andino
Level 10
Noticed that there was a new Fan Xpert ASUS Framework Service - FX plugin Version 1.3.1. I'm getting that now...