cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670e Gene not starting

behaguef
Level 7

I have a new build from a year ago. Asus rog strip Gene X670e MB with 32gb DDR 5, AMD 7950x CPU, 1000w PSU, ROG AIO and AMD GPU. System would tend to shut off randomly. Few days ago it shut down with no luck to restart nor boot. Had the 00 code and nothing since then. PSU is good. MB rog logo and AIO logo are on but that’s the extend of it. Power button is not acting. Would it be a faulty MB? 

4 REPLIES 4

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator

Hi @behaguef 

Might have been an idea to investigate it at the time rather than now, it's possible something was tripping the OCP on the power supply.

Check all power connectors. If using any extension or custom cables, remove these and revert to the PSU OEM cables.

Remove the CPU, inspect socket and CPU pin-pad for any debris or damage, reseat the CPU and cooler whilst ensuring for even mounting pressure.

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

I have since then changed the PSU to a new one with original cables (full modular). Problem remains. I have removed the GPU to boot with no luck. I am about to disassemble the MoBo and send it back to Asus. 

Changing the PSU at this point isn't likely to going to change anything, no. What BIOS were you running? Have you inspected the CPU or socket for any damage?

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

The latest bios was installed to the MoBo. I believe 1480 back in April 2024. Should I clear the CMOs? Or remove the battery? Very frustrating. Thanks!