cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670E Gene not booting with display connected to a thunderbolt dock

joejoe87577
Level 7
Hey everyone,

I'm using a Dell Thunderbolt Dock - WD19TBS for my work laptop with a single screen (HDMI), mouse, keyboard and headphone DAC (USB-C) connected to the dock. This works great, but connecting it to my X670 Gene leaves me with a QCode 42 and the board not posting.

My hardware:

• Asus ROG X670 Gene (BIOS Version 0705)
  • Ryzen 7900X
  • 1080TI
  • Main Display (connected to GPU via DP, connected to dock via HDMI)
  • Secondary Display (connected to GPU via DP)

If I remove the HDMI cable from the dock my pc boots just fine and all peripherals work fine.

I've tried the different USB-C ports (with DP passtrough and without) on the board but no luck. It seems that the board ignores my GPU completely if a display is connected via HDMI to the dock.

Removing the DP cable from my GPU and plugging the thunderbolt dock into a USB-C with DP passtrough my PC boots just fine and I can access the bios. But I'm left with the IGPU and the slow HDMI connection. This is also the only way how I can access the bios right now.

Connecting both displays via DP to the dock doesn't seem to work, as I get no display output at all.

Is there a way to fix this? So that I only need to plug in the dock to my pc and not remove the HDMI cable.
0 REPLIES 0