cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x670e Extreme where I put my ssd nvme?

crisgen
Level 9

In the end I let myself be convinced by the monkey and how Asus admitted its mistakes, guaranteeing full support in case of problems.
The motherboard will be the Crosshair x670e extreme, the AMS 7 7800X3D processor and G.Skill QVL ram. Two samsung nvme ssds of 1 terabyte each (One for the operating system and programs and the other for installing games) and my old Strix RTX3080 GPU.
Reading the motherboard manual it states that using the M.2_2 slot the PCIEX16_1 slot will run x8.
Question: if I install the second nvme ssd in the ROG GEN-Z.2_2 the PCIEX16_1 lane will it run at x16 or even then at x8?
I can't figure it out without some help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DKnell
Level 8

If you are using the Crosshair x670e extreme, you can use the included PCIe 5.0 M2 card included with motherboard. This plugs into GEN-Z.2 slot to the right of DIMM slots, as detailed in English manual on page 1-13 and page 2-16.

If you use M.2_2 slot  you will set PCIEX16_1 to 8x. If you use the added card instead  then you can keep PCIEX16_1 at 16x.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

DKnell
Level 8

If you are using the Crosshair x670e extreme, you can use the included PCIe 5.0 M2 card included with motherboard. This plugs into GEN-Z.2 slot to the right of DIMM slots, as detailed in English manual on page 1-13 and page 2-16.

If you use M.2_2 slot  you will set PCIEX16_1 to 8x. If you use the added card instead  then you can keep PCIEX16_1 at 16x.