MB ROG STRIX X670E-E GAMING WIFI

CPU Ryzen 9 7950x3d

GPU RTX 4090

RAM G.SKILL Trident Z5 F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

SSD WD-Black sn850x  2TB

Power supply Thermaltake GF3 1200w

OS Windows 11 - BIOS 0925 - Expo 1 

360 AIO cooler

When I turn on my PC I got a QCode 15 it will stay on for 5-10 seconds, then it will start booting to windows and everything run normally, but the starting up procedure takes from 35-45 seconds.

Is this normal behavior, or is there something wrong with my RAM?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Mody79
Level 9

Edit: code 15 takes 20 seconds before booting to windows 

mdelacruzperu
Level 8

Hi Mody79, I have the same CPU, MB, RAM and Bios. My computer works fine, boots up in 40 seconds aprox, but I can't apply EXPO I because if I do that the process takes almost a couple minutes. We have another post under "CAN'T ENTER BIOS" sharing experiences with this configuration. The other problems are: Black screen can't allow to enter Bios, 1003 bios update marks 3080 ti as invalid, can't use 4 modules for RAM, if you use four modules, RAM speed goes back to 3000 MHz (default) and I can't overclock memories because boot time takes too long.

Braegnok
Level 14

Yes it's normal, Q-Code 15 is your system performing Pre-memory System Agent initialization.

Your BIOS will run initializations, check, load microcode, timings, check,... before handing off to OS.    

mbaowang
Level 9

Turn on MCR and Power down. It will boot faster

Thanks, it did work, and the pc boots very fast 🙂

Hi, what is MCR? and how do I turn it on? I’m having the same issue with my pc.

memory context restore, in the memory options you can find it.

MCR is memory context restore

In your BIOS go to:

Ai Tweaker - DRAM Timing Control -  change the following from Auto to Enabled 

Power Down = Enabled 

Memory Context Restore = Enable 

Hello Mody79,

It could be normal, my ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming Wifi takes 42 seconds to get to the pin log in screen from the time I press the power button.