cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670 resource

Shamino

ill use this thread to collect some new test bioses for the boards, maybe also to explain some less understood options

to disable cores ccd go here and choose ccd xx bit map down core.
each ones stand for an enabled core
best to disable from the back, ie:
instead of 0011000
after selection press downcore apply changes or discard if made mistake

ocpak/octools

FAQ:
7950x not boosting pass 5.5G -> check that CStates is not disabled
Detailed Explanation on CState Boot Limiter

Test BIOSes:

new:
X3D OC Preset for those MB with asynch BCLK Support: (for simple slight perf boost for X3D)

DOCP/EXPO Tweaked: (for simple timings tightening)

strixe-e 1515 

strixe-f 1515 

strix e a 1515 

crosshair hero 1515 

crosshair gene 1515 

crosshair extreme 1515 

creator 670 1515

creator b650 1515

strix 650E I

strix 670 itx

for crosshair and strix e-e:

explanation of segment2 Loadline:

dualseg.jpg

customize a heterogenous loadline for a dual segment workload range.

example above shows loadline=L6 when current is in range of 0~40A, and Level4 when current is above 40A.

Adds for x3d

dynamic ccd priority switch with core flex, os / driver agnostic so win10 win11 ok

Algo as follows:
If condition reached and ccd0 specified, then check current mem/cache activity > threshold and hysteresis reached, if fulfilled then switch
If condition reached and ccd1 specified, then check current mem/cache activity <=threshold and hysteresis reached,, if fulfilled then switch
Default hysteresis =4

Can combine multiple algos for ccd priority so combinations are wide

works on non x3d too but of course senseless on it. detailed explanation here.

2,387 REPLIES 2,387

i already uninstalled my driver with DDU ( i think 10 times) and used previous NVIDIA Drivers back to 3 Month. I already used 2 different DP Cables. What i dont get is: I had zero issues with my X570 Extreme, same GPU, same Monitor. I installed fresh win. And it is the second mainboard. (Same Problems with HERO and EXTREME).

I also dont think it is an HW issue with CPU and RAM. I can run all test with CPU without any issues (Aida 64 Stresstest, Kahou 5000%, Prime 95 small FFTs ~ 60min). 

@pz123456 wrote:

i already uninstalled my driver with DDU ( i think 10 times) and used previous NVIDIA Drivers back to 3 Month. I already used 2 different DP Cables. What i dont get is: I had zero issues with my X570 Extreme, same GPU, same Monitor. I installed fresh win. And it is the second mainboard. (Same Problems with HERO and EXTREME).

I also dont think it is an HW issue with CPU and RAM. I can run all test with CPU without any issues (Aida 64 Stresstest, Kahou 5000%, Prime 95 small FFTs ~ 60min).

I didn't even give specific advise for your hardware but if I am right you posted once you're running a 4090 TUF. So it's nVidia and you're having to run both drivers (nVidia and AMD) unless you're going to disable iGPU in BIOS entirely. You also claimed once that "only" in about half of the cases you don't get any picture and in others you do get a picture, right?

Do you also face the same problem if you are running without the 4090 just with iGPU? Perhaps you should first try to rule out the components in failure building a minimal system. If this is stable you can re-add the 4090 and potentially disable iGPU or add nVidia drivers.

And again, do you also get your black screen issue when uninstalling all display drivers (you said you are using DDU)? So if all your GPUs run on "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" (see device manager). If this is running fine (low res, slow but stable) then you might rather face a software issue than a hardware issue. Did you notice also there is a BIOS update for the TUF Gaming 4090 (not sure if this is your model) which might fix some issues?

Another shot in the dark: You might disable RBAR in BIOS - it's been reported that on nVidia GPUs this could also degrade performance in some titles - though I have never seen reports about black screen issues on desktop.

Also I did not see an answer whether ATX power button press will properly initiate a shutdown or not and whether your num-lock status can still be toggled. This would help to identify if you are facing "just" a display output issue or your system actually freezing up.

I am just trying my best at throwing some suggestions in. I don't have a similar configuration (specifically not the 4090). So not sure if any of those would help.

For example connect a second 1080p60 screen to HDMI just to see it's getting a signal there. If yes, then configure extend mode and if your 4K screen goes black again, then lower the refresh rate of the 4K screen until you get an image.

So what I am saying is that your screen might tell your GPU that it can handle 4K@144 but actually there might be reasons this will not work (e.g. cable). None of this is mainboard related.

Man u were right - when i had Screen turning off i borrowed another 1440p Monitor - i get a Signal there - so the issue is related to my 4K Monitor. 
Im able to activate the 4K Screen with the other Monitor through Nvidia Control Panel. 

So whats the issue?  - after that i plugged the 1440P Monitor in the same DP where the 4K Monitor gets no signal, the 1440P Monitor turns on. 

@pz123456 wrote:

Man u were right - when i had Screen turning off i borrowed another 1440p Monitor - i get a Signal there - so the issue is related to my 4K Monitor. 
Im able to activate the 4K Screen with the other Monitor through Nvidia Control Panel. 

So whats the issue?  - after that i plugged the 1440P Monitor in the same DP where the 4K Monitor gets no signal, the 1440P Monitor turns on.

I still believe in some signal quality issue. Either your settings or the driver is initializing the screen with wrong parameters (resolution, refresh-rate, timings...) or your cable is not really 4K capable. You said you have tried multiple cable. But still you might need a good DP 1.4 or HDMI 2.x cable as it might fail to drive your monitor with any other cable. Your 1440p screen is having much lower requirements in terms of signal integrity.

You might also try (just as a first attempt) to set the resolution (not scaling, use resolution) of your 4K screen to 1440p or anything similar as this seems to work with the cable you're currently using.

So perhaps you get to a shop to get a quality vendor DP 1.4 cable quickly. Sometimes cables are advertised with many crappy attributes like "8K cable" - but this does not mean anything basically. What you need is a DP 1.4 capable cable. Typically 8K60 cables need to be DP 1.4 certified but I wouldn't bet any money on it.

So I guess either monitor configuration (as said check and disable Adaptive Sync or G-Sync if your screen has those options) and try configuring different refresh rates (now you can do it on your second screen). If 4K30 is stable but 4K144 does not work you might seriously look at a DP cable issue.

@SkyBeam i will order a new cable right now and let you know. im Using the other Monitor atm. Thank you for your Time helping me out with my issue! really thank you!!!!

@pz123456 wrote:

@SkyBeam i will order a new cable right now and let you know. im Using the other Monitor atm. Thank you for your Time helping me out with my issue! really thank you!!!!

You're welcome. Remember it's just a remote diagnosis for now. My best bet is still on the cable not being DP 1.4 certified but don't be mad if it turns out to be another issue. At least I am pretty convinced it's not related to your mainboard as you seem to face "just" a screen related issue.

Bababoiii
Level 8

I have a memory issue and from what i read many have a simular problem. I am unable to run the DOCP profile on my X670E-E MOBO because once its enabled it becomes a lottery if it will post or not and if it does i have no other issues running anything but i can't do reboots because it will get stuck and not post again. As of the latest BIOS update made things worse because it will not post no matter how many times i try cold boots and now i am still stuck running the ram at default settings. 

After a bit of testing running a single dimm i found that putting the ram on A2 slot had no issues with the DOCP profile but putting it at B2 created issues with the DOCP profile. Does this indicate a bad memory controller perhaps? Should I RMA my motherboard or the cpu?

My specs:

GPU: ASUS TUF RTX 4080 OC  &  ASUS DUAL GTX 1070 OC
CPU: AMD RYZEN 9 7900x
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-E 
BIOS Versions: A lot of them starting from 805 and ending up to 1004
RAM: G.SKILL TRIDENT Z5 RGB (2X16GB) DDR5 6000MHZ CL36  F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RS
PSU: CORSAIR HX1200i

@Bababoiii wrote:

I have a memory issue and from what i read many have a simular problem. I am unable to run the DOCP profile on my X670E-E MOBO because once its enabled it becomes a lottery if it will post or not and if it does i have no other issues running anything but i can't do reboots because it will get stuck and not post again. As of the latest BIOS update made things worse because it will not post no matter how many times i try cold boots and now i am still stuck running the ram at default settings. 

After a bit of testing running a single dimm i found that putting the ram on A2 slot had no issues with the DOCP profile but putting it at B2 created issues with the DOCP profile. Does this indicate a bad memory controller perhaps? Should I RMA my motherboard or the cpu?

My specs:

GPU: ASUS TUF RTX 4080 OC  &  ASUS DUAL GTX 1070 OC
CPU: AMD RYZEN 9 7900x
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-E 
BIOS Versions: A lot of them starting from 805 and ending up to 1004
RAM: G.SKILL TRIDENT Z5 RGB (2X16GB) DDR5 6000MHZ CL36  F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RS
PSU: CORSAIR HX1200i

You mentioned "latest BIOS" but you did not specify which one. For your mainboard you might want to try version 0805 which is perhaps the most stable for some memory configurations yet. Latest would be BIOS 1004.

Try checking your SOC voltage to be in the range of 1.25-1.35V which seems to work fine. I have seen some BIOS versions to put too high voltage > 1.35V to the SOC which might cause instabilities as well as low voltage. I am personally running on ComboAM5Pi on X670-P mainboard and I am running SOC at an offset of -0.075V currently. Incorrect voltage was found to lead to exactly the problems you described. The PC won't actually reboot and just being stuck with the Power LED on but NOT rebooting forever until manually turned off and on again.

Also your memory is on QVL list but you might have to manually tweak a few things after loading DOCP/EXPO profile. Try incrementing your MC voltage in 0.025V increments starting from 1.3V (1.300, 1.325, 1,350, 1.375, 1.400, 1.425). If you can't get it stable I do not recommend to go over 1.4V for day-to-day operations. If it's still not stable also try to increment your memory voltage (VDD and VDDQ). By default it should use 1.35V as of your DOCP profile. But you m ight want to increase it up to 1.4V for testing purposes (don't go higher as this will not necessarily improve the situation. Instead if it's still not stable try to increase timing values - e.g. try 40-40-40-128 instead of default 36-36-36-96 on your modules.

You might also want to load one of the SK-Hynix presets (e.g. for 2x DDR5-5600) just to try if this is stable (your modules should be carrying SK Hynix chips).

Thank you for the response i have tried a lot of different BIOS versions but my current one is 1004. I have tried to set the timings and voltages manually from what i found online but not what you suggested. I will try this settings on current and 805 bios version and i will update you of the results. Also the chip is indeed an SK Hynix.

I have the same memory and mobo than you. Experienced same problems and @SkyBeam's explanation is correct. Have tried Buildzoid's memory and voltage settings? This is the video just in case you haven't: Easy memory timings for Hynix DDR5 with Ryzen 7000.

I currently use those and have been since the video was published: I'm perfectly stable with BIOS 1004 (also worked in 9xx and 805).