cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670 resource

Shamino

ill use this thread to collect some new test bioses for the boards, maybe also to explain some less understood options

to disable cores ccd go here and choose ccd xx bit map down core.
each ones stand for an enabled core
best to disable from the back, ie:
instead of 0011000
after selection press downcore apply changes or discard if made mistake

ocpak/octools

FAQ:
7950x not boosting pass 5.5G -> check that CStates is not disabled
Detailed Explanation on CState Boot Limiter

Test BIOSes:

new:
X3D OC Preset for those MB with asynch BCLK Support: (for simple slight perf boost for X3D)

DOCP/EXPO Tweaked: (for simple timings tightening)

strixe-e 1515 

strixe-f 1515 

strix e a 1515 

crosshair hero 1515 

crosshair gene 1515 

crosshair extreme 1515 

creator 670 1515

creator b650 1515

strix 650E I

strix 670 itx

for crosshair and strix e-e:

explanation of segment2 Loadline:

dualseg.jpg

customize a heterogenous loadline for a dual segment workload range.

example above shows loadline=L6 when current is in range of 0~40A, and Level4 when current is above 40A.

Adds for x3d

dynamic ccd priority switch with core flex, os / driver agnostic so win10 win11 ok

Algo as follows:
If condition reached and ccd0 specified, then check current mem/cache activity > threshold and hysteresis reached, if fulfilled then switch
If condition reached and ccd1 specified, then check current mem/cache activity <=threshold and hysteresis reached,, if fulfilled then switch
Default hysteresis =4

Can combine multiple algos for ccd priority so combinations are wide

works on non x3d too but of course senseless on it. detailed explanation here.

2,299 REPLIES 2,299

kamyk155
Level 10
After first day of testing bios 1002 today I had USB disconnect again. Typical all USB devices disconnected for about 3-5 seconds and reconnected again itself.
Strix e-e.

Shamino, was there a USB controller firmware update packaged in the 1002 BIOS? I reverted to the 1001 BIOS, but I'm still having USB problems (also showing in device manager).

Do we need to go back to an even older BIOS or will we need a newer BIOS to fix the USB issues?

kamyk155 wrote:
After first day of testing bios 1002 today I had USB disconnect again. Typical all USB devices disconnected for about 3-5 seconds and reconnected again itself.
Strix e-e.

Same board and same Bios, I have lots of things on USB (headset, camera, micro, etc ) but no issue at all.

So far my system seems very stable on 1002, with the same settings as 0805, but it needs longer testing (24 hours so far) .

My Kingston Fury Renegade DDR5 2*16 6400 won't past POST if set at 6400 through DOCP, but it will if I set DOCP to 6400 and the frequency (just below it in the Bios) to 6200... It will halt before I can access the bios with various Q-codes. It might not be related to the Bios and just be a case of bad ram, timings and voltage do seem correct.

kamyk155 wrote:
Strix e-e.

What does ZenTimings or HWInfo64 report your SoC voltage as being?

I'm on 0805. I've never had any USB dropout issues, but I kept reading posts from someone that the default 1.35v SoC was too high and that it should be 1.25v. I dropped SoC voltage and that's when I started seeing USB dropouts. I put it back to Auto (which is 1.35v) and the issues went away).

Hullo there 🙂 !

Anyone having an unknown pci device appearing in device manager when disabling igpu on 7950X3D ?
It seems disabling the igpu in bios doesn't really disable it. Normally there should be nothing in device manager.
I also noticed that whether i disable it or not doesn't change anything consumption wise when i check with the wattmeter so this again makes me think the igpu disable option doesn't really disable anything as i normally see around 5 to 15W reduction.

I'm on X670E-Gene bios 1002.
Just discovered these beta bioses and i was hoping it would solve the problem but it doesn't, sadly.

1002 has not solved my problem - with EXPO enabled (any, including the Tweaked one) the system does not post. However, I'm now getting a different Qcode error: 0d. Before it was C5. All is perfectly stable on 805, no later BIOS works in that respect (I can only post on memory Auto). Still room for improvement, to quote the fallen prophet 😉 My system: ROG STRIX X670E-E, G.Skill Tident Z5 2x16GB, 7600X.

kamyk155 wrote:
Strix e-e.

Are you using corsiar icue? If so that's your problem I just posted about it right above your post.

ravendagrey wrote:
Are you using corsiar icue? If so that's your problem I just posted about it right above your post.

Yes - I wrote about it before. I'm using Corsair iCUE. I think it can be connected with it because I saw the same problems on their forums from 2021.
For now I can't say it is due to asus or corsair because I used the same hardware (mouse/keyboard/nexus) and exactly the same iCUE sotfware on my previous 9900ks/msi z390 godlike without problems like this.
But why I have mouse/keyboard freezes in bios too ? iCUE isn't working then.

kamyk155 wrote:
Yes - I wrote about it before. I'm using Corsair iCUE. I think it can be connected with it because I saw the same problems on their forums from 2021.
For now I can't say it is due to asus or corsair because I used the same hardware (mouse/keyboard/nexus) and exactly the same iCUE sotfware on my previous 9900ks/msi z390 godlike without problems like this.
But why I have mouse/keyboard freezes in bios too ? iCUE isn't working then.

I can't confirm mouse/keyboard freezing in bios but I can confirm as soon as I uninstalled icue from my pc, my USB disconnect issue is resolved I was on almost 10 hours last night and not one usb disconnect. Whereas before it happened atleast once every hour or so.

kamyk155
Level 10
Here is my zentimings screen: