cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670 resource

Shamino

ill use this thread to collect some new test bioses for the boards, maybe also to explain some less understood options

to disable cores ccd go here and choose ccd xx bit map down core.
each ones stand for an enabled core
best to disable from the back, ie:
instead of 0011000
after selection press downcore apply changes or discard if made mistake

ocpak/octools

FAQ:
7950x not boosting pass 5.5G -> check that CStates is not disabled
Detailed Explanation on CState Boot Limiter

Test BIOSes:

new:
X3D OC Preset for those MB with asynch BCLK Support: (for simple slight perf boost for X3D)

DOCP/EXPO Tweaked: (for simple timings tightening)

strixe-e 1515 

strixe-f 1515 

strix e a 1515 

crosshair hero 1515 

crosshair gene 1515 

crosshair extreme 1515 

creator 670 1515

creator b650 1515

strix 650E I

strix 670 itx

for crosshair and strix e-e:

explanation of segment2 Loadline:

dualseg.jpg

customize a heterogenous loadline for a dual segment workload range.

example above shows loadline=L6 when current is in range of 0~40A, and Level4 when current is above 40A.

Adds for x3d

dynamic ccd priority switch with core flex, os / driver agnostic so win10 win11 ok

Algo as follows:
If condition reached and ccd0 specified, then check current mem/cache activity > threshold and hysteresis reached, if fulfilled then switch
If condition reached and ccd1 specified, then check current mem/cache activity <=threshold and hysteresis reached,, if fulfilled then switch
Default hysteresis =4

Can combine multiple algos for ccd priority so combinations are wide

works on non x3d too but of course senseless on it. detailed explanation here.

2,100 REPLIES 2,100

Hi i have solved my issues. I returned my old RAM that was intel XMP while i had a ryzen 7950x. In first instance this should not be a problem but since i had them the issues were that my system was very unstable. Now i have AMD EXPO g skill kits and EXPO 1 is working perfect at 6000.

jnormen
Level 9
I also have (had) this issue. Tried with G-Skill cl30 6000 Mhz 64Gb Intel, and the same model but 32Gb Amd Empo.
Same problem.

For me, it might be related to Curved Optimizer I guess, I now run Intel with only PBO on and so far ok. But you never know, because the random boots are just random 🙂

jnormen wrote:
I also have (had) this issue. Tried with G-Skill cl30 6000 Mhz 64Gb Intel, and the same model but 32Gb Amd Empo.
Same problem.

For me, it might be related to Curved Optimizer I guess, I now run Intel with only PBO on and so far ok. But you never know, because the random boots are just random 🙂

Yes imo i dont think users should use Intel XMP kits for ryzen cpu's they cause alot of issues. Rather go for AMD expo kits that are ceritified and tested. Never going to purchase xmp kits for a ryzen system ever again. They told me with D.O.C.P they can't guarantee the speeds with amd expo they can.

any ram with expo should be qualified right? i've seen some type from Corsair and gskill, not much of them support by the board (mine is Strix X670E-F) , at least according to the manual.

Thunderburn wrote:
any ram with expo should be qualified right? i've seen some type from Corsair and gskill, not much of them support by the board (mine is Strix X670E-F) , at least according to the manual.

I have the same motherboard as you and replaced the previous kits with this ones -> G.Skill Z5 Neo F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5N. EXPO 1 runs perfect now. Im not that much of a overclocker and just want to put expo on and go on doing my things.

Reda074 wrote:
I have the same motherboard as you and replaced the previous kits with this ones -> G.Skill Z5 Neo F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5N. EXPO 1 runs perfect now. Im not that much of a overclocker and just want to put expo on and go on doing my things.

Good to know that your RAM run perfectly fine with unlisted RAM on asus website, maybe i will reconsider upgrading my RAM with EXPO supported when the price goes cheaper. Anyway, thanks for the info.

I've been having trouble getting my memory to run stable at 6000mhz on my X670E Crosshair Hero.

I specifically went for a 6000Mhz CL30 for the best performance and picked up an EXPO kit thinking it would give me the least trouble. However, even on 0805 it doesn't even boot when I switch EXPO on.

RAM is G.Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

I've not tried with the latest chipset drivers, I'm about to do that to see if it makes a difference but I am not hopeful. Without EXPO enabled, the RAM is solidly stable at stock speeds.

I've tried reading back through this thread to see if there was some other option or setting in the BIOS I might have missed. I haven't done much tinkering or enabled PBO or anything like that, I've seen some settings mentioned but I can't find them. Anyone with the same RAM kit having any joy?

Also am I missing anything - I just go into AMD overclocking and select "EXPO" from the dropdown and that's it?

Also: Wake-on-LAN seems broken on 0805. I have otherwise no networking troubles running at 2.5G speeds (plugged into an SFP+ adapter in my switch), but despite WOL being enabled in both the BIOS and Device Manager, as well as fast boot being disabled, it doesn't want to work. It worked on an older BIOS.

neoKushan wrote:
I've been having trouble getting my memory to run stable at 6000mhz on my X670E Crosshair Hero.

I specifically went for a 6000Mhz CL30 for the best performance and picked up an EXPO kit thinking it would give me the least trouble. However, even on 0805 it doesn't even boot when I switch EXPO on.

I've not tried with the latest chipset drivers, I'm about to do that to see if it makes a difference but I am not hopeful. Without EXPO enabled, the RAM is solidly stable at stock speeds.

I've tried reading back through this thread to see if there was some other option or setting in the BIOS I might have missed. I haven't done much tinkering or enabled PBO or anything like that, I've seen some settings mentioned but I can't find them. Anyone with the same RAM kit having any joy?

Also am I missing anything - I just go into AMD overclocking and select "EXPO" from the dropdown and that's it?

Also: Wake-on-LAN seems broken on 0805. I have otherwise no networking troubles running at 2.5G speeds (plugged into an SFP+ adapter in my switch), but despite WOL being enabled in both the BIOS and Device Manager, as well as fast boot being disabled, it doesn't want to work. It worked on an older BIOS.

I had same problem with this expo memory kit. Could only run with EXPO settings by turning memory speed down to 5600MHz anything above that I would get random reboots or crashing on boot up.

So I decided to get 32GB of TForce Delta RGB FF3D532G6800HC34BDC01 which is XMP rated at 6800MHz.
Couldn't boot at all on 6800MHz, crash at boot on 6600MHz, Could boot into Windows at 6400MHz but failed linpack, perfectly stable @ 6200MHz but there is no difference in memory speed between 5600MHz and 6200MHz in testing in benchmarks. So decided to run @6000MHz with tighter timings, which yielded a minimal improvement in benchmarks.
I'm running Crosshair X670 extreme Bios 805

neoKushan wrote:

I have the same MOBO and RAM, I've been having games randomly crash, or just close when playing, had everything up-to-date, turns out EXPO1/2 is the cause, if I drop the RAM speed down to 5600MHz from 6000MHz its fine... Seems like the support listing and current BIOS is really bad.

Can we expect a solution to the network connectivity problems when using the power plan setting
"Link State Power Management - Maximum Power Savings"?

I'm using the Asus ROG STRIX X670E-I GAMING WIFI, and the setting really helps with idle chipset temperatures.
Using the power plan setting "Link State Power Management - Moderate Power Savings" solves the connectivity
problems, but the chipset temperatures result in a chipset fan spinning way above 4000rpm (noisy).

On a side note, is there a way to read out the chipset temperatures in windows? Currently I can only guess or I
have to read them out in the BIOS.

FEATURE Request:

Changeable Chipset Fan Curves
Changeable VRM Fan Curves

The current option only includes Disabled, Full Speed or PWM

System Info:
Asus ROG STRIX X670E-I GAMING WIFI - BIOS 0822 - Chipset Driver 4.11.15.342
Intel(R) Ethernet Controller (3) I225-V - Driver 2.1.1.14
MediaTek Wi-Fi 6E MT7922 (RZ616) 160MHz Wireless LAN Card - Driver 3.3.0.682