cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670 resource

Shamino

ill use this thread to collect some new test bioses for the boards, maybe also to explain some less understood options

to disable cores ccd go here and choose ccd xx bit map down core.
each ones stand for an enabled core
best to disable from the back, ie:
instead of 0011000
after selection press downcore apply changes or discard if made mistake

ocpak/octools

FAQ:
7950x not boosting pass 5.5G -> check that CStates is not disabled
Detailed Explanation on CState Boot Limiter

Test BIOSes:

new:
X3D OC Preset for those MB with asynch BCLK Support: (for simple slight perf boost for X3D)

DOCP/EXPO Tweaked: (for simple timings tightening)

strixe-e 1515 

strixe-f 1515 

strix e a 1515 

crosshair hero 1515 

crosshair gene 1515 

crosshair extreme 1515 

creator 670 1515

creator b650 1515

strix 650E I

strix 670 itx

for crosshair and strix e-e:

explanation of segment2 Loadline:

dualseg.jpg

customize a heterogenous loadline for a dual segment workload range.

example above shows loadline=L6 when current is in range of 0~40A, and Level4 when current is above 40A.

Adds for x3d

dynamic ccd priority switch with core flex, os / driver agnostic so win10 win11 ok

Algo as follows:
If condition reached and ccd0 specified, then check current mem/cache activity > threshold and hysteresis reached, if fulfilled then switch
If condition reached and ccd1 specified, then check current mem/cache activity <=threshold and hysteresis reached,, if fulfilled then switch
Default hysteresis =4

Can combine multiple algos for ccd priority so combinations are wide

works on non x3d too but of course senseless on it. detailed explanation here.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

This is the protection mechanism introduced for x3d when cpu temp over 95c. Was the processor running very hot ?

View solution in original post

2,081 REPLIES 2,081

Schrotty74
Level 9
Can you also make please for ASUS ROG Strix X670E-E Gaming WIFI?

If possible, can you include the changelogs or what needs tested or what it is intended to fix for these test versions? Also why is the numbering lower than current releases? Is this to clearly indicate its a test version and not a release version?

Shamino
new bios for people who like to try:
adds igpu dis
adds per-core frequency limiter

“Set specific limits to each core in MHz unit. This will still be capped by the global CPU Boost clock but limiting down from this for each core will restrain it’s frequency.
Limiting a weaker core may improve it’s curve optimizer margin.”
"The recommended value is based on parameters of your setup with the current settings of Extreme Tweaker Menu."

extreme
https://www.dropbox.com/s/krcuro4lmygknrc/ROG-CROSSHAIR-X670E-EXTREME-ASUS-0801.zip?dl=0

hero
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bzdr8621s39kid7/ROG-CROSSHAIR-X670E-HERO-ASUS-0801.zip?dl=0

gene
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mjsge6stcfune5q/ROG-CROSSHAIR-X670E-GENE-ASUS-0801.zip?dl=0

strixe
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ttduoc4goxe9fp7/ROG-STRIX-X670E-E-GAMING-WIFI-ASUS-0801.zip?dl=0

I have tested the strix bios but can not flash this. It's hang on BIOS and do not flash.

Schrotty74 wrote:
I have tested the strix bios but can not flash this. It's hang on BIOS and do not flash.

i've tried it, just load defaults, then i do ezflash from bios, it would tell you about the upcoming reset then power cycle to go back into bios to proceed with flashing

Yes working. The too high CPU SOC is also fixed with RAM 6000Mhz, GREAT. The issues when Wi-Fi is off the LAN is also off is not fixed.

Hi,
is there the possibility to change the names of the DRAM Signal Controls.
Its not convenient when you compare the bios with for example Ryzen Master Tool.

Same goes for the Primary and some Secondard Timings.
Can we have here the short names?
Either additionallly or as a replacement.

Is there any difference between the one on Asus site and the one on AMD sitr? I presume not?

Shamino wrote:

adds per-core frequency limiter

Hi Shamino,

Are you aware that enabling this feature when SMT is disabled results in the motherboards failing to POST? This is also true of the asynchronous BCLK configuration when SMT is disabled. This is true of my Crosshair Hero, but I suspect it may be true of all X670 boards. Is there a chance that both of these bugs can be fixed?