cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670 resource

Shamino

ill use this thread to collect some new test bioses for the boards, maybe also to explain some less understood options

to disable cores ccd go here and choose ccd xx bit map down core.
each ones stand for an enabled core
best to disable from the back, ie:
instead of 0011000
after selection press downcore apply changes or discard if made mistake

ocpak/octools

FAQ:
7950x not boosting pass 5.5G -> check that CStates is not disabled
Detailed Explanation on CState Boot Limiter

Test BIOSes:

new:
X3D OC Preset for those MB with asynch BCLK Support: (for simple slight perf boost for X3D)

DOCP/EXPO Tweaked: (for simple timings tightening)

strixe-e 1515 

strixe-f 1515 

strix e a 1515 

crosshair hero 1515 

crosshair gene 1515 

crosshair extreme 1515 

creator 670 1515

creator b650 1515

strix 650E I

strix 670 itx

for crosshair and strix e-e:

explanation of segment2 Loadline:

dualseg.jpg

customize a heterogenous loadline for a dual segment workload range.

example above shows loadline=L6 when current is in range of 0~40A, and Level4 when current is above 40A.

Adds for x3d

dynamic ccd priority switch with core flex, os / driver agnostic so win10 win11 ok

Algo as follows:
If condition reached and ccd0 specified, then check current mem/cache activity > threshold and hysteresis reached, if fulfilled then switch
If condition reached and ccd1 specified, then check current mem/cache activity <=threshold and hysteresis reached,, if fulfilled then switch
Default hysteresis =4

Can combine multiple algos for ccd priority so combinations are wide

works on non x3d too but of course senseless on it. detailed explanation here.

2,284 REPLIES 2,284

Yes, it's not possible to apply as much CO anymore as the curve seem to be more optimized from start so less headroom for tweaking but in the end performance should be ~same

R9 7950X - ASUS X670E Crosshair Extreme (bios 0803) - 32GB HyperX Fury Beast @6200c32 - Corsair H150i Pro - ASUS RTX3080 TUF OC V2 - Phanteks P400A - Corsair RM850 - WD SN850

My 1303 per core values were instable with 1415, had bsods
Actually testinng (see my protocol a few posts ago), started with previous values -5, then -3, -2, actually testing -1... and it crashed.
Back to -2 values that I'll test more deeply.
Values attached for information.

MagicHp
Level 9

Hmmmm, CPU overclock and CO off, still crash...

I'll try full default except for Ram, but I can hear 1202 calling me again 😉

What do you mean by cpu oc ?

I was using the "AI optimized" setting with a 50 Mhz max overclock (basically just using the feature at its lowest ^^ ) and had a few other options on auto instead of disabled under PBO.

But it's still a nope. I'll try full default ram included...

DDavid33
Level 10

Don't use the "magic dunno what it does auto oc super cool ai tweak from future" things.
Only proper ways to oc ryzen 7000 is per core co undervolt and async eclk 100 to 105 frequencies, unlocked by setting expo and only if your mobo has an external clock.

I expected that answer ^^ And it isn't "magic dunno what it does auto oc super cool ai tweak from future" , and you can even control it's behaviour. Nevertheless, even with that off the issue is still there.

And no, that isn't the only proper way or even the issue here...

It is that those settings ,that are those that my hardware is made to work with, were working perfectly with 1202.

I get it, things have changed, and tweaking my settings was expected. But suddenly my ram isn't listed as supported anymore? I get CTDs with everything on default on 1416 every 5 minutes while I could use every feature in 1202 with no crash for hours...

Yes, it's a step up from the repeated BSODs from the beta and test version, but it's far from fully working or away from "scummy practices" yet.

Therefore, back to 1202 with my fully working settings and you won't hear about me until next release 😉

@MagicHp wrote:

And no, that isn't the only proper way or even the issue here...

Dude you should tell that to jayz buildzoid skatterbencher and so on, they're so wrong 😱

You said :

"Only proper ways to oc ryzen 7000 is per core co undervolt and async eclk 100 to 105 frequencies"

Which is false since a proper way to OC your CPU is to use an all-core CO. You could get better end result but that isn't "more proper" one way or another.

I point that out and you answer with a dumb and aggressive "Dude you should tell that to jayz buildzoid skatterbencher and so on, they're so wrong" ... Well, if they say that there is only one proper way to OC your CPU, yes they are SO wrong 😉 But that isn't what they say AT ALL and you just didn't understand apparently and keep repeating what you misunderstood.

Want proof? I found the issue I had, corrected my Ram timings, slapped a +200 Mhz OC along with AI Overclock , a -13 CO and finally have a perfectly stable system on 1416 without using your "per core co undervolt and async eclk", since it isn't the ONLY proper way to OC 😉

Get off your high horse, this is a discussion forum, not a mockery arena...

Someone is susceptive here, maybe monthlies. 😆

If it provides better results then yes, it's more proper, twisting reality to suit your way of thiking is not. 😁

BTW if that +200MHz you mentionned was by pushing CPU Boost Clock Override, it's not an OC but an unlock of max frequency (except fore vcache cores)