cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670 resource

Shamino

ill use this thread to collect some new test bioses for the boards, maybe also to explain some less understood options

to disable cores ccd go here and choose ccd xx bit map down core.
each ones stand for an enabled core
best to disable from the back, ie:
instead of 0011000
after selection press downcore apply changes or discard if made mistake

ocpak/octools

FAQ:
7950x not boosting pass 5.5G -> check that CStates is not disabled
Detailed Explanation on CState Boot Limiter

Test BIOSes:

new:
X3D OC Preset for those MB with asynch BCLK Support: (for simple slight perf boost for X3D)

DOCP/EXPO Tweaked: (for simple timings tightening)

strixe-e 1515 

strixe-f 1515 

strix e a 1515 

crosshair hero 1515 

crosshair gene 1515 

crosshair extreme 1515 

creator 670 1515

creator b650 1515

strix 650E I

strix 670 itx

for crosshair and strix e-e:

explanation of segment2 Loadline:

dualseg.jpg

customize a heterogenous loadline for a dual segment workload range.

example above shows loadline=L6 when current is in range of 0~40A, and Level4 when current is above 40A.

Adds for x3d

dynamic ccd priority switch with core flex, os / driver agnostic so win10 win11 ok

Algo as follows:
If condition reached and ccd0 specified, then check current mem/cache activity > threshold and hysteresis reached, if fulfilled then switch
If condition reached and ccd1 specified, then check current mem/cache activity <=threshold and hysteresis reached,, if fulfilled then switch
Default hysteresis =4

Can combine multiple algos for ccd priority so combinations are wide

works on non x3d too but of course senseless on it. detailed explanation here.

2,272 REPLIES 2,272

Shenny
Level 11

I wonder if they are preparing a statement or are just wondering what to say, or are trying to ignore the whole situation.

We as customers can just vote with our wallets and then I hope that ASUS will pay more serious attention to all the reported issues, stuck to their name, and to our opinion. I personally have postponed the upgrade to AM5 until all the problems are settled, so they can easily lose me as a customer (despite my 20 years of experience with their mobos) if they fail to respond adequately to all the concerns raised.

Olli2k
Level 8

Kind of speechless. 

I'm just wondering if they will get the Crosshair series to work with 7000x3d and expo without this warranty ******. 1000 € for a mobo and this ******, I was never this angry because of hardware. Can anyone recommend an AM5 board wchich is working and is not made by As"hit"us?

crisgen
Level 9

Given that I am (was) a ROG fan, all my pc is built with their "Republic of Gamers" brand on the X570 platform but after what I saw and heard in the GamerNexus video I immediately emptied the Amazon cart and said goodbye to the desired X670E Extreme and Ryzen 7 7950X3D. What infuriates me the most and I consider it scandalous, unacceptable and unforgivable is that I tried to silence the users who had been contacted to send the burnt material by offering the replacement and a product of their choice from their princely and expensive ROG catalogue. GamersNexus said they have the copy of the chats about this shameful attempt to bury everything and so I have no reason to doubt. Those in charge of communications and the managers in charge must have smoked a barn of rotten grass to think and release the latest statements and warning notes regarding the validity of the guarantee.
Basically I don't update the motherboard bios with the latest version that protects my hardware, everything burns out and the warranty is valid.
I update the bios with the latest beta version that you released so as not to burn my hardware and the warranty is no longer valid.
Brilliant!!!
I'll stick with my current hardware while waiting for Intel's next release and decide which side of the river to stay on and if Asus doesn't radically change, the next motherboard will no longer be ROG.
Forgive me but all translated by Google

iamgarffi
Level 10

@Shamino Big Thank you for 1412! Super stable here!

I do have 2 questions if you dont mind:

1) you're probably aware of mouse lagging in Windows on boot and with apps that query hardware (CPUID, HWMonitor, L-Connect (unusable) and few others) with one viable solution is to turn off Thunderbolt/USB4 in BIOS.

Is this being investigated as of why we're seeing such behavior in OS?

2) Coming from team Blue and Z690 ROG Strix, there used to be MemTest baked into BIOS. Is this not available  for AMD boards or simply omitted from X670E Hero only?

Cheers!

Where i can find the link to download 1412? (Strix 670e-e)

Not ASUS

What do you mean? Please elaborate. 

DDavid33
Level 10

The google sheet page with all beta and test bios is not from asus. Considering that asus voids warranty if you use their latest beta, guess what about test bios from unofficial source ?

It's not that unofficial, if you follow the link you land at OCN and a post from Safedisk who is a Asus employee, he posted the bios.
But yeah, you shouldn't test if you are anxious just FYI

R9 7950X - ASUS X670E Crosshair Extreme (bios 0803) - 32GB HyperX Fury Beast @6200c32 - Corsair H150i Pro - ASUS RTX3080 TUF OC V2 - Phanteks P400A - Corsair RM850 - WD SN850