cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670 resource

Shamino

ill use this thread to collect some new test bioses for the boards, maybe also to explain some less understood options

to disable cores ccd go here and choose ccd xx bit map down core.
each ones stand for an enabled core
best to disable from the back, ie:
instead of 0011000
after selection press downcore apply changes or discard if made mistake

ocpak/octools

FAQ:
7950x not boosting pass 5.5G -> check that CStates is not disabled
Detailed Explanation on CState Boot Limiter

Test BIOSes:

new:
X3D OC Preset for those MB with asynch BCLK Support: (for simple slight perf boost for X3D)

DOCP/EXPO Tweaked: (for simple timings tightening)

strixe-e 1515 

strixe-f 1515 

strix e a 1515 

crosshair hero 1515 

crosshair gene 1515 

crosshair extreme 1515 

creator 670 1515

creator b650 1515

strix 650E I

strix 670 itx

for crosshair and strix e-e:

explanation of segment2 Loadline:

dualseg.jpg

customize a heterogenous loadline for a dual segment workload range.

example above shows loadline=L6 when current is in range of 0~40A, and Level4 when current is above 40A.

Adds for x3d

dynamic ccd priority switch with core flex, os / driver agnostic so win10 win11 ok

Algo as follows:
If condition reached and ccd0 specified, then check current mem/cache activity > threshold and hysteresis reached, if fulfilled then switch
If condition reached and ccd1 specified, then check current mem/cache activity <=threshold and hysteresis reached,, if fulfilled then switch
Default hysteresis =4

Can combine multiple algos for ccd priority so combinations are wide

works on non x3d too but of course senseless on it. detailed explanation here.

2,288 REPLIES 2,288

freakazoid
Level 10

x670e-f, 7950x3d

bios 1410

had a crash during gaming yesterday.

after reboot it went directly to bios, because boot-nvme was not recognised anymore.

multiple reboots didnt help. hard reboot with unpowering the whole system lead to not recognising VGA.

after a cmos-reset all worked normal again...

whit this system i get problems, i never seen before.

Cosmic_Castaway
Level 9

Can we get better names for Algorithms 1, 2 and 3 or at least a description to at least what they do?

Also there needs to be an option to disable the 'AI Tuner' it's artificially limiting the CPU capabilities, I can get the 7950X CPU back to boosting to 5.7 Ghz but only if I set the CPU Cooler score to 250 and Optimism to 100 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ and then cold shut down it thumps it down to less than what it is set to on PBO per core boost.

Additionally, it also ignores everything even if you set the vcore to 1.1 volts for example and increases the voltage so you have to use voltage suppression 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️. The best remedy I found to this piece of garbage's tendency is to use voltage suppression to set a floor of 0.01 and ceiling of 1.325, set vmisc + vsoc + vddio to 1.01 volts and negative curve optimiser of -20 all core. Otherwise, spikes to 1.5 volts (vcore and core vid) at CPU cooler score of 150 and optimism scale of 70 (the lowest it will go) is very d.a.m.n frequent resulting in a very fast CPU degradation. I can no longer run 6000 Mhz on the RAM and getting EXP to run properly again has been an a royal pain in the behind.

It's gotten to the point where if I change any setting in the BIOS the 'AI Tuner' throws an absolute tantrum resulting in system instability until I enter some random values into the CPU cooler score and optimism scale. Reseting CMOS is no longer an option as stock vcore voltage is now close to 1.5 volts on cold boots.

The 'AI Tuner' is an absolute piece of garbage and it was an absolute piece of garbage on the Asus P8-Z68V LX (using a i5 2500K) where it destroyed the CPU slowly. The Crosshair Hero X670E (which is a $700 motherboard) will be the last Asus motherboard I ever purchase if this P.O.S setting cannot be disabled. Enough with the frigging babysitting Asus, as a professional user I want to have better control over the hardware that I bought.

Cpu: 7950X (Voltage Ceiling Locked at 1.3 Volts - No Longer PBO Tuned As Can No Longer Boot With Such Settings Due To Sheeetty ASUS AI Tuner Killing The CPU Slowly| Ram: Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 32GB 6000MT/s CL32 (Undervolted Motherboard SK Hynix Profile 1.35 <-- No Longer Possible Because of Sheeetty ASUS AI Tuner Killing The CPU Slowly Now At Stock Settings) | Motherboard: Crosshair X670E Crosshair Hero | Case: Cooler Master H500M | Cooling: Arctic 360 Liquid Freezer 2 | GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX |

MagicHp
Level 9

4 hours later...

Ouch, don't really care about 1412 changelog anymore, frequent and random crash to desktop in every app as soon as I change anything related to undervolting/overclocking, with every settings I tried included very conservative and small changes ( negative undervolt at 2 and nothing else for example ) ...

I'll try 1410 as it is labelled "BETA" instead of "TEST" , but I'll keep my trusty 1202 around ^^

Edit: Well, went back to 1202 in the end... PBO set to max clock +100 , undervolt at -13 , hynix profile for 6400Mhz Ram , all is well, no crash for hours.

It is entirely possible that I'm doing something wrong, still... I (currently) use Warhammer 40K Darktide as a benchmark/stress test since it is prone to crash as soon as anything is wrong on your system 😉

1410 and 1412 with any kind of modified settings crash every 5 minutes or less.

1202 with the settings posted above the game ran fine for the past 4 hours. It used to crash a lot until I found the right settings (everything as now, except undervolt at -15 instead of -13... It's that picky ^^ )

What is your RAM Model? i am not able to go above 6000mhz with c30.

I am able and my ram model is G. Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR. However, I'm not overclocking it, because of the issues reported, until BIOSes leave the Beta status. Just security. What I could observe is that default 4800 uses SOC 1.02 and overcocked 6000 uses SOC 1.22 with an increment in temperatures of 5 to 7 degrees. I can use EXPO I, II or Tweaked. This increment in temps and speed only give me 5 fps more in MSFS 2020, so I'm good with default at this moment. I'm adding a pic of Zen with memories default.

It's a Kingston Fury Renegade 2x16 Gb 6400 Mhz , KF564C32RSAK2-32 to be precise ^^

I was stuck at 6000 at first, then discovered that I could use EXPO 6400Mhz and limiting the max ram speed to 6200 (the option is right under the EXPO setting) , and then a few weeks ago I finally tried the "Hynix 6400 16x2 SR" profile in the Bios settings (I don't remember exactly where in the bios, but in the Ram settings somewhere, I'll check if you want me to ^^ ) and it worked immediately, reporting at 3200 under CPU-Z.

No issues at all since I did that, but it's not a very old change here yet.

Also, you can check your Ram module manufacturer under CPU-Z, and try the corresponding profile. It seems that Hynix is the most common, but I'm far from an expert on the subject.

bhdr_bs
Level 8

Asus continues to disgrace itself. I have a Strix x670E-F but I'm starting to think about getting an MSI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbGfc-JBxlY&t=1s

kamyk155
Level 10

When we will see new official bios (not a beta/test with void warranty) and when we can use EXPO again ?

Or.....if the voltages will be still bosted up without reason - where can I send back this expensive bad piece of mobo and buy mobo from another company to use normaly expo again ?

pz123456
Level 10

Jayzus
Level 9

almost radio silence on this is completely destroying any trust and goodwill in the ASUS brand I may have had