cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670 resource

Shamino

ill use this thread to collect some new test bioses for the boards, maybe also to explain some less understood options

to disable cores ccd go here and choose ccd xx bit map down core.
each ones stand for an enabled core
best to disable from the back, ie:
instead of 0011000
after selection press downcore apply changes or discard if made mistake

ocpak/octools

FAQ:
7950x not boosting pass 5.5G -> check that CStates is not disabled
Detailed Explanation on CState Boot Limiter

Test BIOSes:

new:
X3D OC Preset for those MB with asynch BCLK Support: (for simple slight perf boost for X3D)

DOCP/EXPO Tweaked: (for simple timings tightening)

strixe-e 1515 

strixe-f 1515 

strix e a 1515 

crosshair hero 1515 

crosshair gene 1515 

crosshair extreme 1515 

creator 670 1515

creator b650 1515

strix 650E I

strix 670 itx

for crosshair and strix e-e:

explanation of segment2 Loadline:

dualseg.jpg

customize a heterogenous loadline for a dual segment workload range.

example above shows loadline=L6 when current is in range of 0~40A, and Level4 when current is above 40A.

Adds for x3d

dynamic ccd priority switch with core flex, os / driver agnostic so win10 win11 ok

Algo as follows:
If condition reached and ccd0 specified, then check current mem/cache activity > threshold and hysteresis reached, if fulfilled then switch
If condition reached and ccd1 specified, then check current mem/cache activity <=threshold and hysteresis reached,, if fulfilled then switch
Default hysteresis =4

Can combine multiple algos for ccd priority so combinations are wide

works on non x3d too but of course senseless on it. detailed explanation here.

2,305 REPLIES 2,305

xeizo
Level 12

Regarding hardware, the "youtuber" said Asus do have the proper hardware onboard including powerful protection IC:s but he has the opinion they are not fully/rightly configured. That means the issue of protecting the motherboard/CPU from overheating will most probably be fully solved in software and no need for a revision.

According to AMD so is most of the issue solved in said AGESA 1.0.0.7

Why the issue even occur looks like more of a AMD than a vendor issue, new CPU microcode may possibly fix this.

R9 7950X - ASUS X670E Crosshair Extreme (bios 0803) - 32GB HyperX Fury Beast @6200c32 - Corsair H150i Pro - ASUS RTX3080 TUF OC V2 - Phanteks P400A - Corsair RM850 - WD SN850

lordofwater
Level 9

well i have buy this ram AX5U6000C3032G-CLARBK is good for you?

freakazoid
Level 10

need some help

i was on bios 11 and wanted to update to bios  13.

i tried flashing from within the bios, but the app froze when i hit enter. after like 2min in the frozen app, i reset the pc and booted into windows like normal.

i then shut down the system and tried the flash with the usb-flashback.

it all went normal but after rebooting, the pc didnt post at all. after a few resets, cmos and complet powerdown i tried again to boot, but the led got stuck on the yellow ram led forever (5min+). after this i tried to reflash bios 11 because i knew it worked before.

after the reflash  the yellow led came on and after a some time it switched to the red one. after this it didnt, continue and stayed on red for several minutes. cmos etc did no help...  what should i do? there is no beep or whatever just the red led... 

This is not the right thread for raising your issue, start a new post. People might help if you actually post your system details 🤷🏽‍♂️.

Try this: Just load 1 DIMM in the A2 slot of your motherboard. Then let the computer boot and sit there for 30-40 minutes. It shouldn't take that long, but seems you have interrupted the first boot process where AM5 is testing the memory - this usually takes a long time. As long as you don't see error codes like C5, you should let the platform finish whatever it's doing. Once/if you get past this, launch the BIOS and ensure to enable "Memory Context Restore". At this point, you can attempt to restart and computer should boot quickly. If all goes well, stick the 2nd DIMM in the B2 slot and let the computer boot.

thx, did as you suggested.

no change. will open a support thread.

but i thought, this error informations could be usefull in this thread aswell...

btw. i'm on x670e-f

7950x3d

2x16gb 6000

Apothocary
Level 9

Still no updates on when a new BIOS release will officially support high-density RAM modules? Still running 1003 over here...

Yeah, me too. Checking the support page every other hour. But, what MOBO are you using? I'm in 1401 Beta Strix X670E-E.
Given the situation, I think it is valid to use the betas. They are there for some reason.

I think i read somewhere that AGESA 1.0.0.7 is out on 6th May so id expect for the bios to be available after that, 1410 is available from overclock.net. with the AGESA beta.

Some people analyse this bios and is based on agesa 1.0.0.6. The truth agesa 1.0.0.7 will be release this month

xeizo
Level 12

ROG CROSSHAIR X670E EXTREME BIOS 1410

Version 1410 beta release
9.57 MB 2023/05/02

"1. Update AGESA version to Combo AM5 PI 1.0.0.7.
2. Support 48/24GB high-density DDR5 memory module.
3. SoC voltage for Ryzen 7000 series limited to a maximum of 1.30V to protect the CPU and motherboard.

Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (CX670EE. CAP) using BIOSRenamer.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/BIOS/ROG-CROSSHAIR-X670E-EXTREME-ASUS-1410.zip?model=ROG%20CRO...

R9 7950X - ASUS X670E Crosshair Extreme (bios 0803) - 32GB HyperX Fury Beast @6200c32 - Corsair H150i Pro - ASUS RTX3080 TUF OC V2 - Phanteks P400A - Corsair RM850 - WD SN850