cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670 resource

Shamino

ill use this thread to collect some new test bioses for the boards, maybe also to explain some less understood options

to disable cores ccd go here and choose ccd xx bit map down core.
each ones stand for an enabled core
best to disable from the back, ie:
instead of 0011000
after selection press downcore apply changes or discard if made mistake

ocpak/octools

FAQ:
7950x not boosting pass 5.5G -> check that CStates is not disabled
Detailed Explanation on CState Boot Limiter

Test BIOSes:

new:
X3D OC Preset for those MB with asynch BCLK Support: (for simple slight perf boost for X3D)

DOCP/EXPO Tweaked: (for simple timings tightening)

strixe-e 1515 

strixe-f 1515 

strix e a 1515 

crosshair hero 1515 

crosshair gene 1515 

crosshair extreme 1515 

creator 670 1515

creator b650 1515

strix 650E I

strix 670 itx

for crosshair and strix e-e:

explanation of segment2 Loadline:

dualseg.jpg

customize a heterogenous loadline for a dual segment workload range.

example above shows loadline=L6 when current is in range of 0~40A, and Level4 when current is above 40A.

Adds for x3d

dynamic ccd priority switch with core flex, os / driver agnostic so win10 win11 ok

Algo as follows:
If condition reached and ccd0 specified, then check current mem/cache activity > threshold and hysteresis reached, if fulfilled then switch
If condition reached and ccd1 specified, then check current mem/cache activity <=threshold and hysteresis reached,, if fulfilled then switch
Default hysteresis =4

Can combine multiple algos for ccd priority so combinations are wide

works on non x3d too but of course senseless on it. detailed explanation here.

2,100 REPLIES 2,100

bwana
Level 10

is there a manual or document for Shamino's OCTools?

Intel 3770K 4.4ghz, 1.24v. . . . . . . . . . . . . .Intel 4930k 4.7ghz 1.37v........AMD 7800x3D async 104
32 gGSkill DR3Trident 2400mhz 1.65v. . . .32 g 1866 Vengeance Pro.......64 g Hynix 6200
ASUS M5G. Noctua D14. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . H110. Noctua A14x4.............Arctic 420
prime95 stable 78degrees. . . . . . . . . . . . . IBT 75 degrees
OCZ V4 OS. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . EVO 1TB...............................WDSN850x 2TB
Seasonic 700w. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1200AX.................................HX1200i
All tucked into Lian Li A05. . . . . . . . . . . . . .Fractal Midiv2......................BeQuiet802

aphysically
Level 8

How was the performance improved with the new BIOS (1101, x670e proart creator)? What kind of stability issues do you expect to be improved?

freakazoid
Level 10

did some testing with bios 1101.

everything works fine, except xpoc.

as soon as i activate anykind of dram oc, the boot takes very long even with memcontext restore.

90% of the boots fail during post or sometime during windowsloading. sometime i even get some bsod shortly after entering windows. 

my rig:

x670e-f, 7950x3d, xmp ram 6000 36,36,36,96 gskill samsung.

Im on the Gene X670E, ram is G.Skill CL32 Trident Z5, and bios 1101, boot is fine, in fact only about 10 seconds to boot, post takes ages about 20 seconds, jumps around on the postcode reader and initially gets stuck on code 15, my ram is on the QVL, im blaming the bios not the hardware.

RobrPatty
Level 10

Is the final 1101 bios on Asus MB page different than the beta version?

No one knows

file size has not changed, most likely means no

@ilyagri wrote:

file size has not changed, most likely means no

These are firmware images. They are always the size of the flash partition - typically the size of the BIOS ROM chip - 256Gbit (32MB) typically. All BIOS images are the same size and you can't see the differences looking at the size in bytes.

You could do a binary diff or compare checksums to see if there is any difference. Checksumming is quite pointless too as it would show a different checksum even if a single bit is changed - and for sure there is some changes and being it only the version number.

Binary diffs are difficult to interpret. You might have some success decoding the data blocks with UEFITool or similar. But the effort is simply too large.

I do typically recommend to install the latest release (non-beta) when it comes available. If you are technically interested and accept defects and issues you might feel adventurous installing a BETA version. If you don't face any issues I would typically recommend not to upgrade. Or in case of AM5 you might have to wait some months to get a new stable version - so for the average user it's typically best not to upgrade if the system is running fine and in case you want to upgrade then wait until a version is stable for a few weeks the least.

Sure we are in a forum and specifically a thread about bleeding-edge and BETA BIOS releases, so perhaps if you are here you either look for solutions (go for latest non-BETA) or you are a technician anyway, so you might know very well what the term BETA means and you know the implications and dangers of going with pre-releases.

this really seems to help alot regarding stability!

could activate xpoc2 activate without any problems. before i had many problems just to boot properly.

but it seems to interfere with the TPM...

ja-ki
Level 7

There is a bug in the BIOS: The Thermal Sensor Pins aren't being read out!

frenzyff
Level 10

This morning again my gpu was running at 1.1. had to turn it off and on twice before it worked again at 4.0....

When is this going to be fixed ? didnt have this issue with 1004 and prior on x670e extreme