cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670 resource

Shamino

ill use this thread to collect some new test bioses for the boards, maybe also to explain some less understood options

to disable cores ccd go here and choose ccd xx bit map down core.
each ones stand for an enabled core
best to disable from the back, ie:
instead of 0011000
after selection press downcore apply changes or discard if made mistake

ocpak/octools

FAQ:
7950x not boosting pass 5.5G -> check that CStates is not disabled
Detailed Explanation on CState Boot Limiter

Test BIOSes:

new:
X3D OC Preset for those MB with asynch BCLK Support: (for simple slight perf boost for X3D)

DOCP/EXPO Tweaked: (for simple timings tightening)

strixe-e 1515 

strixe-f 1515 

strix e a 1515 

crosshair hero 1515 

crosshair gene 1515 

crosshair extreme 1515 

creator 670 1515

creator b650 1515

strix 650E I

strix 670 itx

for crosshair and strix e-e:

explanation of segment2 Loadline:

dualseg.jpg

customize a heterogenous loadline for a dual segment workload range.

example above shows loadline=L6 when current is in range of 0~40A, and Level4 when current is above 40A.

Adds for x3d

dynamic ccd priority switch with core flex, os / driver agnostic so win10 win11 ok

Algo as follows:
If condition reached and ccd0 specified, then check current mem/cache activity > threshold and hysteresis reached, if fulfilled then switch
If condition reached and ccd1 specified, then check current mem/cache activity <=threshold and hysteresis reached,, if fulfilled then switch
Default hysteresis =4

Can combine multiple algos for ccd priority so combinations are wide

works on non x3d too but of course senseless on it. detailed explanation here.

2,100 REPLIES 2,100

nite2k
Level 9

Hey @Shamino how do I get this significant BIOS issue on ASUS radar for a fix? 

Specifically, there are many of us that cannot use any BIOS after Nov. '22 because our systems won't POST with an EXPO profile. I have this issue with my B650E-I and purchased a B670E-E over the weekend that also has the issue. There are several threads reporting this issue and here are a couple-

https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/amd-600-series/crosshair-x670e-extreme-after-update-to-bios-0922-can-t...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/11y4zei/i_found_a_fix_for_am5_users_having_expo_profile/

Just for science 😁, have you tried after setting EXPO profile check that probably ir sets all VSOC to 1.35v . So change manually the CPU VSOC to 1.25v and leave the mem at 1.35v? 

I suspect that is one of the issues on many X670 boards causing various problems , and not even sure why on 0805 bios was always like this and the latest bios started to set same CPU VSOC as mem.

@nunorelvao Yes I have. This has no effect. I'm still unable to POST with EXPO or with Manual settings. I have to leave the AI Tuner setting on AUTO to boot. 

freakazoid
Level 10

when i change something in the bios and then save&reset, the pc shuts down and instantly restarts. after a few seconds it beeps once and then rebbots again. is this normal? bios1004

and another question. when ever i activate pbo, the system doesnt boot anymore. even if i just activate pbo (enabled) without any other settings, it wont post (double beep) or goes back to safe bios settings. somethimes it manages to boot but gives me an bsod instead of the win-login page.

x670e-f /1004, 7950x3d, ddr6000@docp2

thanks to this behaviour i'm not able to set any oc or uv at all...

Hi freakazoid, where did you connected the buzzer on the motherboard?

Have you got the motherboard Crosshair X670E HERO model ?

Thanks in advance.

74lobster

the buzzer is pluged in at the connector at the bottom right.

the board is the x670e-f gaming wifi strix.

HaruSoul
Level 7

just an fyi for people... beta bios 1101 was just released for the x670e extreme. I have 

G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO Series (AMD Expo) 64GB (2 x 32GB) 288-Pin SDRAM DDR5 6000 CL30-40-40-96 that I was not able to run with any expo settings with any previous BIOS versions and as soon as I updated they now work.

UPDATE -- I tried the new 1001 beta BIOS on my 670e-e and it still does NOT work. I cannot post without AUTO settings and am unable to use any EXPO profiles. 

Original: I will try the new BIOS tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up and I hope it addresses the issue. Would be nice if ASUS specified this was addressed in the release notes.

Same from here. But, the randomly aleatory White Led Light is solved. I can use EXPO profiles, everything works fine, but I observed less performance than default 4800 MHz and still slow boot times. Will keep it now.

1101 now have usable MCR?

I have

G.Skill Trident Z5 64BG DDR5 6000 CL30-40-40-96 (intel XMP)