cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670 resource

Shamino

ill use this thread to collect some new test bioses for the boards, maybe also to explain some less understood options

to disable cores ccd go here and choose ccd xx bit map down core.
each ones stand for an enabled core
best to disable from the back, ie:
instead of 0011000
after selection press downcore apply changes or discard if made mistake

ocpak/octools

FAQ:
7950x not boosting pass 5.5G -> check that CStates is not disabled
Detailed Explanation on CState Boot Limiter

Test BIOSes:

new:
X3D OC Preset for those MB with asynch BCLK Support: (for simple slight perf boost for X3D)

DOCP/EXPO Tweaked: (for simple timings tightening)

strixe-e 1515 

strixe-f 1515 

strix e a 1515 

crosshair hero 1515 

crosshair gene 1515 

crosshair extreme 1515 

creator 670 1515

creator b650 1515

strix 650E I

strix 670 itx

for crosshair and strix e-e:

explanation of segment2 Loadline:

dualseg.jpg

customize a heterogenous loadline for a dual segment workload range.

example above shows loadline=L6 when current is in range of 0~40A, and Level4 when current is above 40A.

Adds for x3d

dynamic ccd priority switch with core flex, os / driver agnostic so win10 win11 ok

Algo as follows:
If condition reached and ccd0 specified, then check current mem/cache activity > threshold and hysteresis reached, if fulfilled then switch
If condition reached and ccd1 specified, then check current mem/cache activity <=threshold and hysteresis reached,, if fulfilled then switch
Default hysteresis =4

Can combine multiple algos for ccd priority so combinations are wide

works on non x3d too but of course senseless on it. detailed explanation here.

2,308 REPLIES 2,308

Maddeniels
Level 8

first post.

first AMD build. what a mess. but i've should've known better, had years of issues with my old asus board, which was not cool with 4 ramsticks for my CPU and ram combo, even when the sticks were supported, which was never resolved btw.
and here i am yet again having bought an asus board giving me a headache. but, let's not harp on the past. maybe if this link here offers the solution to fix it, i won't be mad anymore. yeah, dont mind the name ^^

i'm physically disabled, and my PC is in an unfavorable place, so i can't test it for myself as easily as i wish i could.
so that you know why i have to still go from hearsay, and can't confirm it. but at this point, i really would like to update the BIOS, continue to write my novel, and be done with thinking about random crashes whilst writing (which happend), as i feel how i'm getting rusty.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/11y4zei/i_found_a_fix_for_am5_users_having_expo_profile/

i found this thread where someone seems to have found the solution. found it in a techpowerup forum. haven't seen the guys name on here, where it would make the most sense, so maybe @Shamino  can loook into it and confirm if this was the blunder all along. dunno if he's the only communication guy, or the only one trying to fix the issue, which i hope not, cause asus be big.

but, in search of a solution, i'm throwing my hat into the mix to finally fully enjoy my new system.

Maddeniels
Level 8

no edit button.
bummer.

y'all probably want to know what i'm rocking.

haf 700 evo.
4090 waterforce gigabyte.
strix 670e-f
7950X3D cooled by the ryujin 2 360.
and these g.skill rams F5-6000J3238G32GX2-TZ5NR

Sib3riX
Level 10

Any chance for non beta bios with AGESA version to ComboAM5PI 1.0.0.6 for ROG STRIX X670E-I

Hi Sib3riX

I am using this bios for a last week or so, it is very stable and I can now do 6200mhz using the built in ram timings for Samsung dimms.

I am sure this will be stable soon, not sure why it isn't already stable.

Thanks.

I will wait for official release should be soon. 

nunorelvao
Level 9

Upgraded a from 0805 to 1004 to give it a shot since last builds for me were a mess, my system have been stable in 0805  since i had it , so i had very good comparision to look for. 

I can say that i only had my expo II 6000 gkill 32gb kit running no MCR , no OC, no PBI changes, and system never gave me any problems on 0805 , now with 1004 i noticed occasionally some reboots on more cpu load and i did a full reset to defaults and again only activated EXPO II as before , but  still ocasional  reboots kept happening!

I started to compare measures in HWINFO64 from bios 0805 i had saved, and the one that popped out imeadtly was the fact that CPU VSOC  was at 1.35v contrasting from previous 0805 1.25v, so i went to bios and set VSOC CPU to 1.25v and  did the trick for me.

i now run EXPO II or EXPO enhanced at full speed even have pbo limit throttle to 80º snd get faster C23 , plus memory benchmarks in AIDA64, and system is again very stable.

I am not sure why the change on VSOC CPU from 0805 to this higher voltage , but for sure reducing it to the 1.25v brought me much more stability and performance.

No more problems after that change.

freakazoid
Level 10

some settings are in ai tweaker aswell as in the advanced section of the bios. 

for example the whole pbo stuff.

why?

do i have to set both to the same values or is 1 enough?

@freakazoid wrote:

do i have to set both to the same values or is 1 enough?

As of my understanding you can set either of it. Assuming there is no bug it should have the same effect.

The reason for it is likely that the complete AMD overclocking section is included in the BASE firmware image (is this what ComboAM5PI is about?) is including it. So basically it's supplied by AMD directly. Then those base image is enriched by mainboard manufacturers. Addint their own GUI and menu structures around it. So every manufacturer trying a different approach in vendor-specific menu structures. Each of them trying to go for best combination of usability and pre-configured presets to assist users.

The AMD menus are just bare hardware register flags and often you need to know EXACTLY what you are doing there in order not to risk an unstable system. Vendor BIOS however often offers meaningful presets, warning thresholds or even preventing to set values which potentially damage hardware or leave your system in unbootable state. Also the vendor menus might provide better hints, documentation or just better accessibility for menu items. For example in ASUS BIOS you can just go to the memory timings option in advanced section to enable memory context restore. This option is also available in AMD PBO settings but it's burries a few menu structures deep in the settings. They are both supposed to enable exactly the same functionality as of my understanding. So toggling either of them should be fine.

I personally think it's a good decision not to mess with the default AMD PBO or overclocking menu settings coming directly from AMD (e.g. trying to hide options which are available on another menu tree (in custom vendor BIOS). Even if this leads to duplicates.

Just for completeness. I believe for example the following options are identical:

• Advanced / AMD CBS / UMC Common Options / DDR Options / DDR Controller Configuration / DDR Power Options / Power Down Enable
  • AI Tweaker / DRAM Timing Control / Power Down Enable

or

• Advanced / AMD CBS / UMC Common Options / DDR Options / DDR Memory Features / Memory Context Restore
  • AI Tweaker / DRAM Timing Control / Memory Context Restore

So as you can see the AI Tweaker options are much easier/quicker to access and are supposed to be aliases for the CBS options which come with the default package from AMD. Weirdly some users here report the one option worked for them while the other didn't. I guess if this is true it boils down to some bug in the ASUS Bios as they flag set bei either option should be the same one.

I woul d have a strong suggestion to ASUS however:
Currently if one of the options are togglet the other one remains unaffected. I would have expected that if I change "AI Tweaker / DRAM Timing Control / Memory Context Restore" from "Auto" to "Enabled" that also "Advanced / AMD CBS / UMC Common Options / DDR Options / DDR Memory Features / Memory Context Restore" is set to "Enabled" but instead its value remains unchanged at "Auto" even though the feature is set to "Enabled". This at least is confusing and likely due to the way the GUI flags are stored in CMOS. So I would strongly suggest ASUS to affect the same flag in CMOS so both related flags toggle simultaneously effectively providing an alias entry only in custom menu structures.

I guess worst case is if a user is setting one value to enabled and the other one to disabled. I guess then the value last changed would apply but you never can be sure.

Lorys89
Level 8

Did anyone manage to get 128gb ram 4x32gb to 5200 or 5600 or 6000? With expo or docp?