cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670 resource

Shamino

ill use this thread to collect some new test bioses for the boards, maybe also to explain some less understood options

to disable cores ccd go here and choose ccd xx bit map down core.
each ones stand for an enabled core
best to disable from the back, ie:
instead of 0011000
after selection press downcore apply changes or discard if made mistake

ocpak/octools

FAQ:
7950x not boosting pass 5.5G -> check that CStates is not disabled
Detailed Explanation on CState Boot Limiter

Test BIOSes:

new:
X3D OC Preset for those MB with asynch BCLK Support: (for simple slight perf boost for X3D)

DOCP/EXPO Tweaked: (for simple timings tightening)

strixe-e 1515 

strixe-f 1515 

strix e a 1515 

crosshair hero 1515 

crosshair gene 1515 

crosshair extreme 1515 

creator 670 1515

creator b650 1515

strix 650E I

strix 670 itx

for crosshair and strix e-e:

explanation of segment2 Loadline:

dualseg.jpg

customize a heterogenous loadline for a dual segment workload range.

example above shows loadline=L6 when current is in range of 0~40A, and Level4 when current is above 40A.

Adds for x3d

dynamic ccd priority switch with core flex, os / driver agnostic so win10 win11 ok

Algo as follows:
If condition reached and ccd0 specified, then check current mem/cache activity > threshold and hysteresis reached, if fulfilled then switch
If condition reached and ccd1 specified, then check current mem/cache activity <=threshold and hysteresis reached,, if fulfilled then switch
Default hysteresis =4

Can combine multiple algos for ccd priority so combinations are wide

works on non x3d too but of course senseless on it. detailed explanation here.

2,100 REPLIES 2,100

frenzyff
Level 10

Well I encounterd a new issue since a few days.

I select shutdown in windows. It shuts down. When i come back later its in the login screen.....
No clue why this is happening. Also sometimes it reboots after a boot. Think it has to do with fast startup....
Got no settings in bios active like wake on or reboot after powerloss etc....

Any ideas anyone ? Im running bios 1004 on X670E-Extreme.

kai-DE
Level 8

Hi @Shamino when I use the x3d oc preset the system is stable but games are no longer assigned to ccd0 whether with the Bios algorithm provided nor  with the windows driver. Asus crosshair x670e hero with 1004 same behavior with 1002

1004 enables the ccd priority preset together with oc preset so it should switch if tge game uses memory often enough. Check after a short while , if it doesnt then lower the mem activity if you want to switch regardless of cache activity

@Shaminoyou are right. I did not wait long enough. After a minute or so it switched to ccd0

pz123456
Level 10

Is there a solution yet for monitor Staying Black after bios boot to Windows? After the cercle which  is  loading  Windows, the monitor shuts  off and you cant turn it on. 

I have to reset  the PC

X670 hero, bios 0805, 7900x win11 

fractal-zombie
Level 10

Ok, I solve issue with Memory Context Restore (MCR) by disabling it in Advanced/AMD CBS/UMC Common Options and enabling it on AI Tweaker in DRAM Timing control. It's now works. Thanks for all guys that update BIOS.

tgmac
Level 7

Wondering if/when 128GB(KF560C36BBEK2-64 x2) EXPO profiles(6000Mhz) will be supported on the X670-E CREATOR WIFI. The system boots now only if it's left on auto, which defaults at 3600Mhz, leaving a lot of performance on the table. 

aj333888
Level 8

I have the ROG STRIX X670E-E GAMING WIFI motherboard. Every BIOS I have used (0705, 0805, 922, 1003, 1004) over the past few months has the same problem with EXPO during restarts (but not shutdowns).

When EXPO (I or II) is enabled, whenever I restart my system, the memory speed reverts back to stock 4800MHz. More specifically, during the restart the system shuts down and the fans ramp up for a couple seconds as if the system is coming back up then the power cuts out for a few seconds before the system turns itself back on and starts to boot. At this point the RAM is only running at 4800MHz and continues to do so on subsequent shutdowns/reboots. Entering BIOS will still show EXPO is enabled but even the hardware monitor pane shows 4800MHz instead of 5600MHz when EXPO is working.

In order to get EXPO speed back, I have to set the EXPO setting back to Auto in the BIOS, reboot then re-enable EXPO. Then everything works fine again until I have to reboot the system.

To be clear, a shutdown from Windows never causes a problem. EXPO is stable and keeps running up until I'm forced to do a restart (Windows Updates or driver update). Memory is G.Skill Flare X5 (F5-5600J3636C16GX2-FX5). I have never messed with MCR setting I see mentioned to decrease boot times. I just wait through the 40+ secs to boot. All I set in the BIOS other than EXPO is PBO Enhancement 70c, MB LED set to stealth when power off and Secure Boot to Windows mode.

Anyone experience anything similar or have a setting to suggest trying?

Thanks

kamyk155
Level 10

After few days without issues I had today a weird boot.

Power ON - beep - but black screen. After waiting for about 15sec computer restarts again - beep - and enter windows.

Weird - It is stable everywhere, in bios I'm using only EXPO, PBO exhancement 80*C and Memory Context Restore with Power Down enabled. 

SkyBeam
Level 11

I have upgraded to BETA BIOS 1410 on mx X670-P mainboard.

I am equally positively surprised and impressed by now. Here is why...

• Initially the system failed to POST after enabling EXPO DDR5-6000. But this time it did not just freeze up on every single power cycle leaving me with some "long-short-short" beep code. Instead it properly boots in failsafe mode now so I can enter the BIOS and fix my settings. Also my settings are not reset but kept and re-applyed on save-and-exit.
  • I found that the system boots fine with EXPO enabled if I enter advanced timing and load the DDR5-5600 Hynix 4x16GB preset (note: This applies to my system, YMMV). After analyzing the impact of this preset I found mainly two settings to be applied:
    • MC Volt (Memory controller voltage): 1.40V (default: 1.12V)
    • VDDP Voltage: 1.050V
  • Started to play with the settings and found it still booting just fine with default EXPO DDR5-6000 settings when resetting VDDP to auto. So the only settings required is MC Volt set to 1.4V on my system. Trying lowering to 1.35V immediately failing to POST again. So 1.4 is the minium on my system. But I suspect it's still a safe operation value.
  • Playing with timings I need to invest a bit more time to understand. My G.Sikll F5-6000J3038F16G modules officially are 30-38-38-96 timed but applying the SK Hynix profile as mentioned above configures them to 30-38-38-38 and it seems to be perfectly stable.

So currently I am running DDR5-6000 (G.Sikll F5-6000J3038F16G) at 30-38-38-38 timings. I did run memtest86+ for some minutes without any reported issue. I will run a full test this night likely. I did not encounter any Windows or application crash at any time yet too.

Running my 7950X with PBO Eco mode 105W and some Curve optimizer yields about 35000-36000 CB23 points

My system specs:

• ASUS PRIME X670-P (watercooled VRM + chipset), current BIOS 1410 BETA ComboAM5PI 1.0.0.6
    • Memory Profile: EXPO-I
    • MC Volt: 1.4V
    • VDDP Voltage: Auto
    • DRAM VDD: 1.35V
    • DRAM VDDQ: 1.35V
    • Main timings: 30-38-38-38
    • Advanced timings, memory power down: Enabled
    • Advanced timings, memory context restore: Enabled
  • Memory: 4x (2 dual-channel kits) G.Sikll F5-6000J3038F16G
  • AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (delidded, watercooled using HeatKiller IV Pro)
    • PBO Efficiency mode: 105W
    • Curve optimizer CPU: All cores -18
    • Curve optmizer GPU: -18
  • AMD Radeon RX6900XT (with Heatkiller waterblock)
  • Samsung SSD-990 Pro 2TB
  • 3x Samsung 2TB QVO SATA drive
  • Seasonic Priime TX-850
  • Mellanox ConnectX3 10Gbps NIC
  • Fanless system

I also noticed big improvements in Q-LED feature. Now it seems to clearly blink slowly when doing memory training and flashing fast when training is completed and settings are applied. If it continues to blink slowly this indicates that applying settings failed and the board is re-trying. If it fails again it will train the default values and boot just fine so you cn fix your settings. No more CMOS resetting each time you went a smidge too far in optmizing. What a relief.

What I would REALLY hope for is a BIOS setting to finally set a static color for Aura. This childish rainbow effect every time I power on my PC before I can load OpenRGB is a PAIN. Disabling Aura will disable the devices so I can also not set a color later. So why not adding a BIOS option to initialize the RGB controllers with a static color and potentially defined brightness? If this is ever implemented I hope developers also do implement the "black" color option to keep RGB enabled but dark during boot.

Also disabling the Armoury Crate option by default would be very much appreciated but likely Asus will never do this by default as they would like to push this insanely bad piece of software. For me it only caused headached. From stuttering mouse cursors to performance drops and all sorts of issues. No problems any more since just using OpenRGB for Aura and igoring all the rest. Granted iCue is not any better, but that's no excuse for litterally breaking your customer computers by auto-injecting such a bad piece of software into customer installations.