cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670 resource

Shamino

ill use this thread to collect some new test bioses for the boards, maybe also to explain some less understood options

to disable cores ccd go here and choose ccd xx bit map down core.
each ones stand for an enabled core
best to disable from the back, ie:
instead of 0011000
after selection press downcore apply changes or discard if made mistake

ocpak/octools

FAQ:
7950x not boosting pass 5.5G -> check that CStates is not disabled
Detailed Explanation on CState Boot Limiter

Test BIOSes:

new:
X3D OC Preset for those MB with asynch BCLK Support: (for simple slight perf boost for X3D)

DOCP/EXPO Tweaked: (for simple timings tightening)

strixe-e 1515 

strixe-f 1515 

strix e a 1515 

crosshair hero 1515 

crosshair gene 1515 

crosshair extreme 1515 

creator 670 1515

creator b650 1515

strix 650E I

strix 670 itx

for crosshair and strix e-e:

explanation of segment2 Loadline:

dualseg.jpg

customize a heterogenous loadline for a dual segment workload range.

example above shows loadline=L6 when current is in range of 0~40A, and Level4 when current is above 40A.

Adds for x3d

dynamic ccd priority switch with core flex, os / driver agnostic so win10 win11 ok

Algo as follows:
If condition reached and ccd0 specified, then check current mem/cache activity > threshold and hysteresis reached, if fulfilled then switch
If condition reached and ccd1 specified, then check current mem/cache activity <=threshold and hysteresis reached,, if fulfilled then switch
Default hysteresis =4

Can combine multiple algos for ccd priority so combinations are wide

works on non x3d too but of course senseless on it. detailed explanation here.

2,100 REPLIES 2,100

fractal-zombie
Level 10

Have issue with BSOD on ASUS ProArt X670E-Creator WiFi with 16 GB of GSkill memory, when enable MCR. I already update it to latest stable 1004 today and have the same issue.

I had a similar issue on a different board and the solution I found was to switch which Memory context restore setting I was using. There's two MCR options in the BIOS, one in the AI tweaker/Extreme tweaker area and one in the Advanced options. You could try switching to the other one depending on which one you're currently using. I'm not entirely sure what your motherboard bios looks like but assuming it's mostly the same, in Ai Tweaker/Extreme tweaker go to the DRAM Timing Control and scroll quite far down and you'll find the first Memory Context Restore option in there. The second one can be found in Advanced options. First go to Advanced, then scroll down to AMD CBS, then to UMC common options and finally it's under memory features or a similar label but once in UMC common options it's not too hard to find the second MCR option. Disable the one you're currently using and enable the other one and see if that changes anything. On my board I had been using the one in the Advanced options and my PC would instantly BSOD on any bios after 0821 but after switching over it works fine on the newer BIOS revisions (1222, 1223 and 1410).

bojerka
Level 9

I have here 2x ROG STRIX X670E-E GAMING WIFI and on both boards allways when is M.2_4 slot is occupied I have nvlddmkm error.

GPU is ASUS ROG-STRIX-RTX4090-O24G-GAMING.
I think something problematic is with chipset.

Used nVme:

Samsung 980 Pro 1TB in M.2_1 for OS

Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB for games in M.2_4 where GPU drivers crashing but in M.2_2 slot without crashing. Too 3D Mark benchmark have bigger score only if I change nVme from M.2_4 slot to M.2_2 slot.

Rednaxal
Level 7

One question and one request

1. What CPU Tmp is schon on the Q-LED? In HwInfo this number is not visible, some are higher some lower

2. Would it be possible to flip the Code by 180°. I saw this on a Gigabyte Aourus in a LianLi O11 Dyn reversed setup.

andino
Level 10

So, on cold boot, about 1/2 of the time my MB does not pick up Aura Sync devices including the MB itself. If I reboot they show up every time.

It's rather annoying.

Lorys89
Level 8

@Shamino Can I ask you if you can add a function to the bios that until the am4 chipsets was present

SOFT-OFF BY PWR-BTTN

I have a rog strix b650e-i

also for Asus x670E hero could be useful to have this 🙂 🙂

PWR Button < 4 Secs [Soft Off]
When set to [Soft off], the ATX switch can be used as a normal system power- off button when pressed for less than 4 seconds. [Suspend] allows the button to have a dual function where pressing less than 4 seconds will place the system in sleep mode. Regardless of the setting, holding the ATX switch for more than 4 seconds will power off the system. Configuration options: [Soft off] [Suspend]

Apothocary
Level 9

@Shamino Curious: I'm seeing other board manufacturers supporting the high-density RAM modules in their new official BIOS releases. I am running beta 1003 (since 1004 dropped support), but when will we get the official build?

Danxi
Level 8

@Shamino I see the B650 boards also uploaded a bios on the same 30-Mar date, but indicated as beta and still having high density RAM support. Are those only beta in name and contains the final code?