cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670 resource

Shamino

ill use this thread to collect some new test bioses for the boards, maybe also to explain some less understood options

to disable cores ccd go here and choose ccd xx bit map down core.
each ones stand for an enabled core
best to disable from the back, ie:
instead of 0011000
after selection press downcore apply changes or discard if made mistake

ocpak/octools

FAQ:
7950x not boosting pass 5.5G -> check that CStates is not disabled
Detailed Explanation on CState Boot Limiter

Test BIOSes:

new:
X3D OC Preset for those MB with asynch BCLK Support: (for simple slight perf boost for X3D)

DOCP/EXPO Tweaked: (for simple timings tightening)

strixe-e 1515 

strixe-f 1515 

strix e a 1515 

crosshair hero 1515 

crosshair gene 1515 

crosshair extreme 1515 

creator 670 1515

creator b650 1515

strix 650E I

strix 670 itx

for crosshair and strix e-e:

explanation of segment2 Loadline:

dualseg.jpg

customize a heterogenous loadline for a dual segment workload range.

example above shows loadline=L6 when current is in range of 0~40A, and Level4 when current is above 40A.

Adds for x3d

dynamic ccd priority switch with core flex, os / driver agnostic so win10 win11 ok

Algo as follows:
If condition reached and ccd0 specified, then check current mem/cache activity > threshold and hysteresis reached, if fulfilled then switch
If condition reached and ccd1 specified, then check current mem/cache activity <=threshold and hysteresis reached,, if fulfilled then switch
Default hysteresis =4

Can combine multiple algos for ccd priority so combinations are wide

works on non x3d too but of course senseless on it. detailed explanation here.

2,280 REPLIES 2,280

pz123456
Level 10

when i reboot sometimes its stuck on an blackscreen too. QLED 64 -> Manual says CPU DXE initialising started. i have to hard reset to boot again. (X670E Hero) Bios 0805

84toli
Level 8

@Shamino 

I'm having issues with my 4090 FE getting stuck on 3.0 and max clock speed 825mhz, this all started to happen on the Gene x670e after i disabled thunderbolt, happened on 0922 and now 0925.

what can get it back to normal is enabling thunderbolt or disabling it again so I thought maybe let me try and do a fresh bios 0925 and then just disabling thunderbolt straight away first boot worked and it has been 4.0 for a week but today i turned on PC and it was again stuck on 3.0. Did a reboot and now its back to 4.0 with normal clock speed.

I had the strix x670e-e and never had this issue but this all started when i touched thunderbolt in bios. 

84toli
Level 8

and after trying to find a solution on google all i see its always a asus motherboard that people have this bug with

Bix
Level 7

I have to update my last comment :

The tools provides (the 'get VF' function) did not broke my MB (I was able to recover it) but grilled my 7950x3d.

It was watercooled so did not got high in Temp but maybe there was a high intensity peak somewhere, I don't know why.

Well it's the third fried x3d chip I read about today

yours

https://youtu.be/FVkTGq7brP4?t=1570

New r9 7950x3d are BURN? : Amd (reddit.com)

Either the x3d chips are very delicate or some voltage is out of control somewhere and needs better filtering/capping

idk better pass the ball to the engineers, not a bad idea to investigate what went wrong...

thedevilofdark
Level 7

How can i install 1004 bios for x670e hero? It says it is not a bios file. I used bios name changer (CX670EH.cap).

andino
Level 10

1004 is a lot more stable for me. I have only had one hard shutdown during gaming. Screen went black and the fans ramped to 100. Only turning off the PSU reset the motherboard.

Keep having Marvell 10G dropouts. Although, they occurred more frequently when the Thunderbolt/USB4 was active. That is still kind of an odd thing for me. For some reason enabling that setting makes crazy stuff happen.

Audio popping is still present. Hopefully there will be a driver or another firmware update that fixes that.

dg1qktr
Level 7

@Shamino Hi Shamino, could you please look into 1004 crosshair hero bios? The file seems to be corrupted.

not sure why, but i reuploaded it anyways.

Any ETA on the official release? I’m running 1003 with 192GB of RAM.