cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670 resource

Shamino

ill use this thread to collect some new test bioses for the boards, maybe also to explain some less understood options

to disable cores ccd go here and choose ccd xx bit map down core.
each ones stand for an enabled core
best to disable from the back, ie:
instead of 0011000
after selection press downcore apply changes or discard if made mistake

ocpak/octools

FAQ:
7950x not boosting pass 5.5G -> check that CStates is not disabled
Detailed Explanation on CState Boot Limiter

Test BIOSes:

new:
X3D OC Preset for those MB with asynch BCLK Support: (for simple slight perf boost for X3D)

DOCP/EXPO Tweaked: (for simple timings tightening)

strixe-e 1515 

strixe-f 1515 

strix e a 1515 

crosshair hero 1515 

crosshair gene 1515 

crosshair extreme 1515 

creator 670 1515

creator b650 1515

strix 650E I

strix 670 itx

for crosshair and strix e-e:

explanation of segment2 Loadline:

dualseg.jpg

customize a heterogenous loadline for a dual segment workload range.

example above shows loadline=L6 when current is in range of 0~40A, and Level4 when current is above 40A.

Adds for x3d

dynamic ccd priority switch with core flex, os / driver agnostic so win10 win11 ok

Algo as follows:
If condition reached and ccd0 specified, then check current mem/cache activity > threshold and hysteresis reached, if fulfilled then switch
If condition reached and ccd1 specified, then check current mem/cache activity <=threshold and hysteresis reached,, if fulfilled then switch
Default hysteresis =4

Can combine multiple algos for ccd priority so combinations are wide

works on non x3d too but of course senseless on it. detailed explanation here.

2,100 REPLIES 2,100

andino wrote:
Reverted back to 1001 and USB issues are still there.

Was searching for the same thing and found this https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19gqxeeAdUmkwgE0EvH4MlJ7meeDbEHYP-FHYW-PMyOk/edit#gid=5220165...

andino wrote:
Reverted back to 1001 and USB issues are still there.

I decided to try booting into Linux to see how the USB issues would present themselves. Upon the first boot of Fedora 38 beta, all my USB devices appeared to be working fine. I rebooted back into Windows and there are no more USB errors in device manager and everything seems to be working normal on 1002.

I'd give that a try if you can't get your USB devices working. I don't understand how or why that fixed the USB issues, but I'm just glad everything is back in working order.

Bios 1002. Today this morning I've booted my pc normally, and after that, the mess was done again. Windows security center shows errors "not activated" things, where the day before all was working 100 % correct and all was activated.

Do you see the odd light frame?

This happened to me multiple times with all new windows installations using the new 7950X3D, new memory and new mainboard. This time this bug occurs out of nowhere after almost a week without any issues.

The yellow issue is staying, a reboot doesn't change anything. And the messages in the windows security center are changing by magic... sometimes I have no hardware security or suddenly I have extended hardware security. What is this strange thing?

What can be done? Is my 7950X3D cpu defective? Is my mainboard defective? Or could it be isolated to be a malfunction bios?

This windows installation is screwed up again and there is the need for a fresh windows installation (AGAIN!!!), it cannot be repaired.

I suspect, it must have something to do with the AMD fTPM inside the cpu, which is controlled by AGESA. If AGESA isn't working corrrectly in this area, the windows system will eventually fail.

Back to bios 0088. I just installed windows 11 again. And... I've got back a working ultra fast boot feature aka the hybride quick start. A PC boot from press power button to login in less than 10 seconds. Some time ago, this feature also was lost on transit from older bios to newer bios.

Schrotty74
Level 9
With 1001 i get only half speed over USB 3.2 now on the Strix E. Normal i get 1970 MB/s but now 1101 MB/s. Has anyone else noticed this?

d3vaS_CZE
Level 8
Hey ASUS guys,

So I see that the "sharp" version of the 0925 is out on the web for the x670E Strix-E.

Is there any difference in the one that was test 0925 or is it the same bios?

Thanks for the reply. But I've already burned a lot of time testing and I need to start using the PC other than worrying about when I'll get another BSOD while working. 😞

For now I have to stay on 0805 which is limited manual to clock and max CO negative at 5, otherwise I've been getting random reboots.
Setup: 7950X, Strix X670E-E, 32GB 6000 C30, RX 7900 XTX 24GB GDDR6, WD BLACK SN850X NVMe 2TB, Asus ROG STRIX SCOPE RX, ASUS ROG Gladius III Wireless

Schrotty74
Level 9
No its the same.

Hullo there !

Quite fond of experimenting stuff on bios but i'm a little bit rusty.
I'm experiencng some high pitched coil whine coming from the vrm on idle and i canno't find a way to remove it.
I heard disabling c-states can reduce it but i'd like to prevent disabling c-states if i can.

My 7950X3D is at -20Co and 5Ghz max PBO set manually on all cores. Works great so far.

Anyone having an advice to get rid of that idle noise ? it's really faint but it's high pitched so very annoying.

Bios 1002 on x670e Gene.

Thank yee all 🙂

Deluxef
Level 7

Upgrading from 922 to 1002 allowed me to use MCR (with power down enabled) for the first time (running ROG CROSSHAIR X670E EXTREME with R9 7950X and 2x32 G.SKILL 6000MHz CL30 Trident Z5 - XMP memory).

The issue with memory errors immediately after power on (after leaving PC off for prolonged time) is still present. I'm using following timings (most inserted manually in BIOS using new DOCP Tweak mode).ZenTimings_Screenshot_27986945.5907837.png

When I power on the PC and boot straight into memtest86+ I get few memory errors at first with no additional errors afterwards (even after reboots and brief power offs etc.) and the machine is stable.

20230319_095046_HDR.jpg

Does windows BSOD instantly or does it just not boot into the OS?

For MCR, I had a similar issue on my board (X670E TUF wifi) and I eventually found that theres two MCR options, one in the AI tweaker area and one in the Advanced options. When I'd enable the MCR option through the advanced area, windows instantly gives a memory management BSOD regardless of what I had for EXPO while through AI tweaker (Extreme tweaker on your board), it's been going for the past 3 days without so much as a hitch including no errors on an overnight memtest86 and a 5 hour HCI memtest. You could try switching to the other one depending on which one you're currently using. (I'm not entirely sure what your motherboard bios looks like but assuming it's mostly the same, in Ai Tweaker/Extreme tweaker go to the DRAM Timing Control and scroll quite far down and you'll find the first MCR option in there. For the Advanced options one go to Advanced, then AMD CBS, then to UMC Control then I believe it was under memory features or a similar label but once in UMC control it's not too hard to find the second MCR option.) (ps sorry for the incomplete set of instructions for the advanced settings I'm just not near my PC rn)

As an add on, the link below has some other BIOS revisions for a whole bunch of motherboards including yours if you want to try any of those.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19gqxeeAdUmkwgE0EvH4MlJ7meeDbEHYP-FHYW-PMyOk/edit#gid=5220165...

Thanks, for the reply. I could try 1003 I suppose.

I should clarify, that the memory errors do happen *ONLY* immediately after the boot after the PC is off for quite long time before that (such as power on after sitting off over night). It is also independent from MCR - it happens with it on or off.

Crucially, the errors are really time or temperature dependent because if I power on the PC and let it sit idle in bios and then boot into memtest86+ (after 1 min or so) I get no errors at all. Similarly it doesn't happen after restarts or brief power off (or even cutting the power to the machine). And when I let memtest86+ running for a while (after getting few initial errors) additional errors won't appear after that.

I usually let machine sit for a minute so that I don't get BSODs and ruin my Windows install. However, I got also no-post few times.

To summarize, it doesn't seem like general memory instability as I would expect that to be happening in normal usage (or over time during long memtest runs).