cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670 resource

Shamino

ill use this thread to collect some new test bioses for the boards, maybe also to explain some less understood options

to disable cores ccd go here and choose ccd xx bit map down core.
each ones stand for an enabled core
best to disable from the back, ie:
instead of 0011000
after selection press downcore apply changes or discard if made mistake

ocpak/octools

FAQ:
7950x not boosting pass 5.5G -> check that CStates is not disabled
Detailed Explanation on CState Boot Limiter

Test BIOSes:

new:
X3D OC Preset for those MB with asynch BCLK Support: (for simple slight perf boost for X3D)

DOCP/EXPO Tweaked: (for simple timings tightening)

strixe-e 1515 

strixe-f 1515 

strix e a 1515 

crosshair hero 1515 

crosshair gene 1515 

crosshair extreme 1515 

creator 670 1515

creator b650 1515

strix 650E I

strix 670 itx

for crosshair and strix e-e:

explanation of segment2 Loadline:

dualseg.jpg

customize a heterogenous loadline for a dual segment workload range.

example above shows loadline=L6 when current is in range of 0~40A, and Level4 when current is above 40A.

Adds for x3d

dynamic ccd priority switch with core flex, os / driver agnostic so win10 win11 ok

Algo as follows:
If condition reached and ccd0 specified, then check current mem/cache activity > threshold and hysteresis reached, if fulfilled then switch
If condition reached and ccd1 specified, then check current mem/cache activity <=threshold and hysteresis reached,, if fulfilled then switch
Default hysteresis =4

Can combine multiple algos for ccd priority so combinations are wide

works on non x3d too but of course senseless on it. detailed explanation here.

2,100 REPLIES 2,100

andino
Level 10
Left the computer on overnight to see what would happen. I came in this morning and my mouse pad was dropped out, my Marvell NIC had dropped out, and I had 3 out of 4 Aura devices that were dropped out. The ROG CROSSHAIR X670E EXTREME, Motherboard AniMe Matrix, and Addressable LED strip were all missing.

I'm going back to 1001. This BIOS release is not stable at all.

johnnync21
Level 7
MCR in last *1402* bios for STRIX-I is very very stable, MCR only 10-20 sec.
The best bios update in my case, only 2 minutes for update it
WARNING: Problems with usb disconnection

Darox
Level 9
X670E HERO and 7950X with BIOS 1002 works perfect

new:
X3D OC Preset for those MB with asynch BCLK Support: (for simple slight perf boost for X3D)

Sadly this does not work for me. I get instant BSOD.

I have 7950X3D with GENE Motherboard.

funnyman436 wrote:
Sadly this does not work for me. I get instant BSOD.

I have 7950X3D with GENE Motherboard.

you're just stock without any CO?
try reduce bclk to 103

andino
Level 10
Video of the audio popping.

andino wrote:
Video of the audio popping.

Have you used the Audio ALC4080/ALC4082 FW update tool at:

https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-x670e-extreme-model/helpdesk_bios/

RobrPatty wrote:
Have you used the Audio ALC4080/ALC4082 FW update tool at:

https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-x670e-extreme-model/helpdesk_bios/

Yes. It was the first thing I installed after I RMAed my Hero for the exact same issue.

My recommendation to anyone experiencing USB dropouts is to check for powered USB hubs and avoid them as much as possible.

I personally had two powered desktop USB3 hubs and one hub in each of my two screens (USB2 connected only) as well as a passive USB3 hub. I have moved all my devices as much as possible to the mainboard connectors directly which seems to have improved the situation a lot. I got random disconnects when connecting a pen drive to my powered USB3 hub before. Also removing the PSU from the hub seems to have helped.

Also as I wrote in another thread I found the powered USB hub to back-power my mainboard. Discovered this as I tried to do a CMOS reset. After disconnecting power and shorting the CLRTC pins I was still unable to boot my machine. After banging my head and countless reset attempts I found the CMOS reset to work properly if all USB ports are disconnected. So it turns out CMOS reset does not work even if power disconnected as long as I got the powered USB hub connected.

Also noticed that after shutting down my PC my RGB keyboard was ligting up when I returned next morning - even though I configured in EFI setup not to provide any standby power. Turns out also the powered USB hub is providing power to other ports on the mainboard. Not sure if this is supposed or it's cost-saving approach cheaping out on some diodes.
So my advise: Try avoiding USB hubs in general. Rather invest on some USB brackets using all USB3 and USB2 headers of the mainboard on front or back. Typically this is sufficient for most use cases not to require any hubs.

johnnync21
Level 7
MCR in last *1402* bios for STRIX-I is very very stable, MCR only 10-20 sec.
The best bios update in my case, only 2 minutes for update it
WARNING: Problems with usb disconnection
UPDATE:
NO porblems with USB-C