cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670 resource

Shamino

ill use this thread to collect some new test bioses for the boards, maybe also to explain some less understood options

to disable cores ccd go here and choose ccd xx bit map down core.
each ones stand for an enabled core
best to disable from the back, ie:
instead of 0011000
after selection press downcore apply changes or discard if made mistake

ocpak/octools

FAQ:
7950x not boosting pass 5.5G -> check that CStates is not disabled
Detailed Explanation on CState Boot Limiter

Test BIOSes:

new:
X3D OC Preset for those MB with asynch BCLK Support: (for simple slight perf boost for X3D)

DOCP/EXPO Tweaked: (for simple timings tightening)

strixe-e 1515 

strixe-f 1515 

strix e a 1515 

crosshair hero 1515 

crosshair gene 1515 

crosshair extreme 1515 

creator 670 1515

creator b650 1515

strix 650E I

strix 670 itx

for crosshair and strix e-e:

explanation of segment2 Loadline:

dualseg.jpg

customize a heterogenous loadline for a dual segment workload range.

example above shows loadline=L6 when current is in range of 0~40A, and Level4 when current is above 40A.

Adds for x3d

dynamic ccd priority switch with core flex, os / driver agnostic so win10 win11 ok

Algo as follows:
If condition reached and ccd0 specified, then check current mem/cache activity > threshold and hysteresis reached, if fulfilled then switch
If condition reached and ccd1 specified, then check current mem/cache activity <=threshold and hysteresis reached,, if fulfilled then switch
Default hysteresis =4

Can combine multiple algos for ccd priority so combinations are wide

works on non x3d too but of course senseless on it. detailed explanation here.

2,100 REPLIES 2,100

Bios 1001 works perfect here on 670E Extreme. Ofc without memory context restore.

Aside from that I had to use the pcie express alteration switch to set to gen4.
My GPU (strix 4090oc) was often not detected when booting in windows and sometimes in bios.
Happens with every bios.....

Also 3dmark uses only 50% gpu. no clue why but everything else works like a charm

Btw anyone know what setting in asus bios is the same as the "High Efficiency Mode" in MSI bios for memory?
It should reduce latency.

frenzyff wrote:
Bios 1001 works perfect here on 670E Extreme. Ofc without memory context restore.

Aside from that I had to use the pcie express alteration switch to set to gen4.
My GPU (strix 4090oc) was often not detected when booting in windows and sometimes in bios.
Happens with every bios.....

Also 3dmark uses only 50% gpu. no clue why but everything else works like a charm

Btw anyone know what setting in asus bios is the same as the "High Efficiency Mode" in MSI bios for memory?
It should reduce latency.

This is a 7950x3D with Gskill 6000Mhz 64GB kit ( 2x32)

kamyk155
Level 10
I have three problems with my new rig:
MB: Asus Strix x670e-e (bios 922 and now 1001)
CPU: 7950X3D
RAM: Vengeance 2x16GB 6000MHz EXPO Vengeance CMH32GX5M2B6000Z30K

Problems:
1- Really long boot (about 40-50 sec), windows restarts are long too
2- MEMORY CONTEXT RESTORE if enabled - a lot of windows BSODs (but computer starts a lot faster)
3- USB ports disconnecting for few seconds and reconnecting again (few time for now)

kamyk155 wrote:

Problems:
2- MEMORY CONTEXT RESTORE if enabled - a lot of windows BSODs (but computer starts a lot faster)
3- USB ports disconnecting for few seconds and reconnecting again (few time for now)

I have the same board and the same 3 problems. I already got used with the 1st point 😞

kamyk155 wrote:

Problems:

Have you tried 0805? That is the only one working without issues on my Strix e-e.

MagicHp wrote:
Have you tried 0805? That is the only one working without issues on my Strix e-e.

I didn't try it because I have X3D CPU and 922 bios was first for this CPU....
I'm also shocked about USB disconnecting because I read about this problem long time ago with AM4 platform so.....really bad to see it on AM5 again.

kamyk155 wrote:
I didn't try it because I have X3D CPU and 922 bios was first for this CPU....
I'm also shocked about USB disconnecting because I read about this problem long time ago with AM4 platform so.....really bad to see it on AM5 again.

Missed the 3D part, my bad ^^ Indeed trying 0805 might do more harm than anything I guess.

Hopefully they'll do something about their Flagship CPU and its different motherboard Bios.

As I said earlier, I have cold boot and blue screen issues on 0922.
Now that it was talked about, I noticed that once in a while, GPU was not detected by BIOS, and sometimes embedded USB audio was not working in windows.

I noticed that all these issues looks like to be related to RAM OC so I tried to disable it alltogether while keeping CPU OC, and it works perfectly, no more POST or BSOD issues.

So, as a workaround while waiting for new BIOS, I gave up on RAM OC (left everything on auto) for now so I can run perfectly stable on 0922.
Btw, if you enable EXPO or XMP, check your SOC voltage, it looks like some BIOS set RAM voltage to SOC which could be too much.

Tsikos
Level 10
Bios 1001 when cold boot the system not give BSOD just freeze and need restart!

Ejziponken
Level 8
Im about to buy a 7800X3D and Im trying to find a mobo.. After reading this thread, I wonder... Is there a mobo without major issues with Bios/features/Coil Whine? If so, which one? xD