cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670 resource

Shamino

ill use this thread to collect some new test bioses for the boards, maybe also to explain some less understood options

to disable cores ccd go here and choose ccd xx bit map down core.
each ones stand for an enabled core
best to disable from the back, ie:
instead of 0011000
after selection press downcore apply changes or discard if made mistake

ocpak/octools

FAQ:
7950x not boosting pass 5.5G -> check that CStates is not disabled
Detailed Explanation on CState Boot Limiter

Test BIOSes:

new:
X3D OC Preset for those MB with asynch BCLK Support: (for simple slight perf boost for X3D)

DOCP/EXPO Tweaked: (for simple timings tightening)

strixe-e 1515 

strixe-f 1515 

strix e a 1515 

crosshair hero 1515 

crosshair gene 1515 

crosshair extreme 1515 

creator 670 1515

creator b650 1515

strix 650E I

strix 670 itx

for crosshair and strix e-e:

explanation of segment2 Loadline:

dualseg.jpg

customize a heterogenous loadline for a dual segment workload range.

example above shows loadline=L6 when current is in range of 0~40A, and Level4 when current is above 40A.

Adds for x3d

dynamic ccd priority switch with core flex, os / driver agnostic so win10 win11 ok

Algo as follows:
If condition reached and ccd0 specified, then check current mem/cache activity > threshold and hysteresis reached, if fulfilled then switch
If condition reached and ccd1 specified, then check current mem/cache activity <=threshold and hysteresis reached,, if fulfilled then switch
Default hysteresis =4

Can combine multiple algos for ccd priority so combinations are wide

works on non x3d too but of course senseless on it. detailed explanation here.

2,100 REPLIES 2,100

All users that have upgraded to 0922 and had a smooth experience, did you have the newest v5 chipset drivers installed before updating?

ekarren wrote:
All users that have upgraded to 0922 and had a smooth experience, did you have the newest v5 chipset drivers installed before updating?

Nope upgraded to 0922 then added v5 chipset drivers later

ekarren wrote:

No,.. I followed the instructions on Community.amd.com, everything went smoothly.

First: An Updated Version of Microsoft Windows 10 or 11.

I installed fresh image of Windows this morning.

Second: The Newest BIOS for Your Motherboard.

Third: The Newest AMD Ryzen Chipset Driver.

That's it! Once you have installed the chipset driver, restart the system and your ready to go.

I don't run ECO mode, if I could I would run 400W CPU Package Power. 97552

John_Laus
Level 7
I'm loving the 0922 update; my system is running smooth as! CROSSHAIR X670E Extreme. I might add that i am running Eco mode at 105w, completed a Cinibench test and received a score over 35000!!!!

Hum, Eco mode, no Bios modification...

It seems the only people that don't have issues are those that "gimp" their system with eco mode or reduced frequencies/voltages or that don't touch settings in the Bios.
Hard to tell, we would need to post our full specs and full settings to compare effectively.... But this doesn't make sense, anyone managed to get ahold of an Asus rep to have some answer? There are several posts on the Asus Reddit about it but I don't think any "official" responded yet.

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

MagicHp wrote:

It seems the only people that don't have issues are those that "gimp" their system with eco mode or reduced frequencies/voltages or that don't touch settings in the Bios.
Hard to tell, we would need to post our full specs and full settings to compare effectively.... But this doesn't make sense, anyone managed to get ahold of an Asus rep to have some answer? There are several posts on the Asus Reddit about it but I don't think any "official" responded yet.

No gimping here. Set CPU 5.0 GHz XMP settings for memory. Tweaked to EXPO II setting. etc.
BTW updated to 0923 same thing rock solid

To those with stability issues, are you all following this procedure before flashing to 0922 (or 0923)?

1) Load Optimized defaults. Save and Restart
2) Load the new BIOS file from flash
3) Wait for the 4 or so restarts it takes to fully flash the new BIOS. You can tell when it's done 'cos it'll try to take you back to the BIOS screen again
4) Power off. Clear CMOS again
5) Power on, and continue like normal. Sometimes the first load into Windows might fail. Just retry and it should all be good on the 2nd try.

Also, don't try to set the same PBO Offsets like you had with earlier BIOSes. I found that using those same settings were unstable for me. For the initial boot and installation of chipset drivers, just keep everything at default, and then tweak from there. I found that I had to use much lower offsets to remain stable.

MagicHp wrote:

Only for the initial load did I keep everything at default. Afterwards I tweaked everything back to max. PBO set to enabled. Synchronous BCLK at 100MHz. Memory at 6200MHz 28/36/36/26/36 timings, with secondary timings tweaked to the max.

With 7950x, now seeing ~39400 in CBR23 multi, and 2074 single-core using the AI Overclocker settings in the BIOS. Peak power draw according to HWInfo64 is ~266W, so my system isn't running "gimped".

Hmm, so the ostensibly provocative to get answers "gimping" idea isn't it either...

I'm trying to find something common between all those issues, but even something as vague as that last idea isn't.
There has to be a link or even a common root issue to all these, right?