cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670 resource

Shamino

ill use this thread to collect some new test bioses for the boards, maybe also to explain some less understood options

to disable cores ccd go here and choose ccd xx bit map down core.
each ones stand for an enabled core
best to disable from the back, ie:
instead of 0011000
after selection press downcore apply changes or discard if made mistake

ocpak/octools

FAQ:
7950x not boosting pass 5.5G -> check that CStates is not disabled
Detailed Explanation on CState Boot Limiter

Test BIOSes:

new:
X3D OC Preset for those MB with asynch BCLK Support: (for simple slight perf boost for X3D)

DOCP/EXPO Tweaked: (for simple timings tightening)

strixe-e 1515 

strixe-f 1515 

strix e a 1515 

crosshair hero 1515 

crosshair gene 1515 

crosshair extreme 1515 

creator 670 1515

creator b650 1515

strix 650E I

strix 670 itx

for crosshair and strix e-e:

explanation of segment2 Loadline:

dualseg.jpg

customize a heterogenous loadline for a dual segment workload range.

example above shows loadline=L6 when current is in range of 0~40A, and Level4 when current is above 40A.

Adds for x3d

dynamic ccd priority switch with core flex, os / driver agnostic so win10 win11 ok

Algo as follows:
If condition reached and ccd0 specified, then check current mem/cache activity > threshold and hysteresis reached, if fulfilled then switch
If condition reached and ccd1 specified, then check current mem/cache activity <=threshold and hysteresis reached,, if fulfilled then switch
Default hysteresis =4

Can combine multiple algos for ccd priority so combinations are wide

works on non x3d too but of course senseless on it. detailed explanation here.

2,288 REPLIES 2,288

SkorpioNElite wrote:
Can we expect a solution to the network connectivity problems when using the power plan setting
"Link State Power Management - Maximum Power Savings"?

I'm using the Asus ROG STRIX X670E-I GAMING WIFI, and the setting really helps with idle chipset temperatures.
Using the power plan setting "Link State Power Management - Moderate Power Savings" solves the connectivity
problems, but the chipset temperatures result in a chipset fan spinning way above 4000rpm (noisy).

On a side note, is there a way to read out the chipset temperatures in windows? Currently I can only guess or I
have read them out in the BIOS.

FEATURE Request:

Changeable Chipset Fan Curves
Changeable VRM Fan Curves

The current option only includes Disabled, Full Speed or PWM

System Info:
Asus ROG STRIX X670E-I GAMING WIFI - BIOS 0822 - Chipset Driver 4.11.15.342
Intel(R) Ethernet Controller (3) I225-V - Driver 2.1.1.14
MediaTek Wi-Fi 6E MT7922 (RZ616) 160MHz Wireless LAN Card - Driver 3.3.0.682

Same problem here on strix -e with network but cant find any solution....

Punster wrote:
I have the same MOBO and RAM, I've been having games randomly crash, or just close when playing, had everything up-to-date, turns out EXPO1/2 is the cause, if I drop the RAM speed down to 5600MHz from 6000MHz its fine... Seems like the support listing and current BIOS is really bad.

in short: +1

in long:
Strix X670e-f/7700X/Win11
I came from intel and I'm used to just select xmp and ready to go so installed 6400 32-39-39-102 XMP (F5-6400J3239G16GX2-TZ5RK) and it didn't even boot. After more than 2 days of desperate try and error session I failed to stabilize it with many many timing and freq settings, however hadn't go below 6000Mhz. I thought it must be some incompatibility xmp issue and replaced the ram with this one EXPO 6000 30-38-38-96 (F5-6400J3239G16GX2-TZ5RK). Although, it boots up on stock EXPO I or II settings it is not stable and fails on RAM tests and I have game crashes. I managed to stabilize it with EXPO timings and 5600MT instead of 6000. I cannot go for tighter timings from EXPO settings as it gets unstable immediately. Please fix these stability issues, very disappointing it doesn't work even on EXPO settings.

R1c0hun wrote:

in long:
I came from intel and I'm used to just select xmp and ready to go so installed 6400 32-39-39-102 XMP (F5-6400J3239G16GX2-TZ5RK) and it didn't even boot. After more than 2 days of desperate try and error session I failed to stabilize it with many many timing and freq settings, however hadn't go below 6000Mhz. I thought it must be some incompatibility xmp issue and replaced the ram with this one EXPO 6000 30-38-38-96 (F5-6400J3239G16GX2-TZ5RK). Although, it boots up on stock EXPO I or II settings it is not stable and fails on RAM tests and I have game crashes. I managed to stabilize it with EXPO timings and 5600MT instead of 6000. I cannot go for tighter timings from EXPO settings as it gets unstable immediately. Please fix these stability issues, very disappointing it doesn't work even on EXPO settings.

I had the same problems and replaced ram kits and i can run 6000 expo 1. But there are still many problems with this BIOS. For example i can't even turn memory context on enabled to fasten boot times. It will cause BSOD's all the time. We have to accept that we are early adopters of the x670e with ryzen 7000 serties cpu's.

Reda_074@live.nl wrote:
1. But there are still many problems with this BIOS. For example i can't even turn memory context on enabled to fasten boot times. It will cause BSOD's all the time. We have to accept that we are early adopters of the x670e with ryzen 7000 serties cpu's.

Exact same issues. I don’t feel so alone anymore. 🥲

R1c0hun wrote:

in long:

I've been re-testing with the RAM VDD/VDDQ voltages up from 1.35v stock EXPO1/2 to 1.375v in BIOS, showing as 1.38v in HWiNFO. Been able to get through a few hours of COD MW2 with no crashes like that so far too. Perhaps its voltage related in some cases too.

EDIT: After testing, there seems to be much more game FPS hitching than running 5600Mhz, seems like the 6000MHz is triggering errors and down clocking for ECC or something.

EDIT 2: Been re-testing with the RAM voltage at 1.38v in BIOS, showing as 1.395v in HWiNFO, all has been well, hitching gone so far.

Punster wrote:
I've been re-testing with the RAM VDD/VDDQ voltages up from 1.35v stock EXPO1/2 to 1.375v in BIOS, showing as 1.38v in HWiNFO. Been able to get through a few hours of COD MW2 with no crashes like that so far too. Perhaps its voltage related in some cases too.

EDIT: After testing, there seems to be much more game FPS hitching than running 5600Mhz, seems like the 6000MHz is triggering errors and down clocking for ECC or something.

EDIT 2: Been re-testing with the RAM voltage at 1.38v in BIOS, showing as 1.395v in HWiNFO, all has been well, hitching gone so far.

Can you please be a bit more specific on what voltages you increased re EDIT2. Have you only changed VDD and VDDQ under AI Tweaker? I'll give it a try too, however I believe this is bios issue, because EXPO is certification of a tested configuration so it should work with stock under normal circumstances.

EDIT: No luck, not stable even on 1.4V. Actually I found Plague Tale Requiem as the best stability test to begin with. It crashes within 1-2 mins 😕

R1c0hun wrote:
Can you please be a bit more specific on what voltages you increased re EDIT2. Have you only changed VDD and VDDQ under AI Tweaker? I'll give it a try too, however I believe this is bios issue, because EXPO is certification of a tested configuration so it should work with stock under normal circumstances.

EDIT: No luck, not stable even on 1.4V. Actually I found Plague Tale Requiem as the best stability test to begin with. It crashes within 1-2 mins 😕

I changed VDD/VDDQ voltage, using BIOS 0805 from the website (not the link on this forum), PBO enabled, EXPO 2, no other changes to voltages or timings outside of EXPO 2 automatic changes.

Reda074 wrote:
Yes imo i dont think users should use Intel XMP kits for ryzen cpu's they cause alot of issues. Rather go for AMD expo kits that are ceritified and tested. Never going to purchase xmp kits for a ryzen system ever again. They told me with D.O.C.P they can't guarantee the speeds with amd expo they can.

yes. in this case I needed 64gb and searched for the 64gb kit for AMD expo and got a hit. Missed the last letter in the g-skill definition number so got the intel once 😞
I ordered them from USA because there was none in Europe selling them.

But now they work as good as the AMd EXPO 32 I tried. (I got the random reboots from AMD expo mem too.) So for me they do not act so different.

Have Asus Hero board. entered the restore context to enable. Stop using the curved optimizer, and set it to not run over 80c settings.

I also removed Thunder Bolt drivers, I had a friend with the same board that had issues with them. And after I removed them my computer also start smoother.

There was also a new release from AMD related to the chipset drivers 2 days ago. They seem to stabilize things as well.

So after:
Removed Thunderbolt drivers
Set Mem to context restore enabled (think it was called that.)
Installed the latest chipset drivers

It boots faster and feels smoother even with the Intel Mem at 6000 Mhz.

No random reboot yesterday. So I will see if I manage this day 2 without any reboot 🙂

F1Aussie
Level 11
I have tried both expo 1 and expo 2 on my Strix e-gaming board and had no issues yet. I have the g skil 3038 32 GB ram

d3vaS_CZE
Level 9
Hey guys,

I also have a problem with system stability at low load. OCCT - runs fine. But when the system is at rest or I'm playing a game the system is unstable. Applications crash or PC random reboots.

System:
Asus X670E Strix-E / BIOS 805
R9 7950x
Corsair 32gb 6000 CL36 EXPO (CMK32GX5M2D6000Z36)
Windows 11 22H2

Settings:
PBO - EHNHANCED 1
If I turn off Medium load boost - system seems stable but reaches max clock speed on core 5775MHz?

Is it a BIOS bug? Or low voltage? (All set to AUTO)
Only EXPO 1 and PBO ENHANCED lvl1

Thx for help, how to set it correctly.
Setup: 7950X, Strix X670E-E, 32GB 6000 C30, RX 7900 XTX 24GB GDDR6, WD BLACK SN850X NVMe 2TB, Asus ROG STRIX SCOPE RX, ASUS ROG Gladius III Wireless