cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670 resource

Shamino

ill use this thread to collect some new test bioses for the boards, maybe also to explain some less understood options

to disable cores ccd go here and choose ccd xx bit map down core.
each ones stand for an enabled core
best to disable from the back, ie:
instead of 0011000
after selection press downcore apply changes or discard if made mistake

ocpak/octools

FAQ:
7950x not boosting pass 5.5G -> check that CStates is not disabled
Detailed Explanation on CState Boot Limiter

Test BIOSes:

new:
X3D OC Preset for those MB with asynch BCLK Support: (for simple slight perf boost for X3D)

DOCP/EXPO Tweaked: (for simple timings tightening)

strixe-e 1515 

strixe-f 1515 

strix e a 1515 

crosshair hero 1515 

crosshair gene 1515 

crosshair extreme 1515 

creator 670 1515

creator b650 1515

strix 650E I

strix 670 itx

for crosshair and strix e-e:

explanation of segment2 Loadline:

dualseg.jpg

customize a heterogenous loadline for a dual segment workload range.

example above shows loadline=L6 when current is in range of 0~40A, and Level4 when current is above 40A.

Adds for x3d

dynamic ccd priority switch with core flex, os / driver agnostic so win10 win11 ok

Algo as follows:
If condition reached and ccd0 specified, then check current mem/cache activity > threshold and hysteresis reached, if fulfilled then switch
If condition reached and ccd1 specified, then check current mem/cache activity <=threshold and hysteresis reached,, if fulfilled then switch
Default hysteresis =4

Can combine multiple algos for ccd priority so combinations are wide

works on non x3d too but of course senseless on it. detailed explanation here.

2,100 REPLIES 2,100

I've got a X670 ProArt with the 0805 BIOS from OP, but I can't find the async option that enables setting separate bclks for the fabric and the CPU. Is this intentionally missing from my motherboard, or is there some other setting that needs to be enabled to unhide it? Or does the ProArt not have an external clock to begin with?

Shamino wrote:
you are still on 0705, the version readback can never be wrong.
perhaps you switched to bios2

I stuck with BIOS #1 the whole time. Too afraid to nuke the stock BIOS in case I need it for some reason.

As for the BIOS update, I had been using the button on the back of the motherboard to apply it. What I did instead was applied the update from within the BIOS setup screen instead and that took it to version 0805.

So far with 0805, the same issue with Q-code 0D and fix applies. I suspect the key setting that makes it work is to disable disabling memory training (default: auto), although I haven’t had time to test all the possible combinations of settings to be sure.

The system passes extreme stress tests (CPU, iGPU, and RAM) for hours, but will reliably randomly reboot 10-30 minutes into a YouTube video. Go figure. I’m going to grab some extra hardware this week to determine whether it’s the CPU or RAM that is the issue before attempting an RMA.

LiKenun wrote:
I stuck with BIOS #1 the whole time. Too afraid to nuke the stock BIOS in case I need it for some reason.

As for the BIOS update, I had been using the button on the back of the motherboard to apply it. What I did instead was applied the update from within the BIOS setup screen instead and that took it to version 0805.

So far with 0805, the same issue with Q-code 0D and fix applies. I suspect the key setting that makes it work is to disable disabling memory training (default: auto), although I haven’t had time to test all the possible combinations of settings to be sure.

The system passes extreme stress tests (CPU, iGPU, and RAM) for hours, but will reliably randomly reboot 10-30 minutes into a YouTube video. Go figure. I’m going to grab some extra hardware this week to determine whether it’s the CPU or RAM that is the issue before attempting an RMA.

If you overclock memory manually, it's best to turn on memory training.

zedcrown03 wrote:
If you overclock memory manually, it's best to turn on memory training.

Nah. No overclocking for me. I’m all stock. I just needed a board that was future-proofish enough for workstation loads (hence the awful 4,800 MT/s ECC RAM), and the USB4, 10 GbE NIC, and Wi-Fi 6E connectivity cinched it for me.

On another note, I don’t know if there is such a thing as “breaking in” a new system, but I’ve not gotten an unexpected system shutdown for 32.5 hours. YouTube with 4K HDR videos for 8 hours while running a Machine Learning algorithm for 3 hours took the CPU usage to 100% and GPU usage to 92% in the evening. And I left YouTube on overnight, but the system hasn’t hiccupped yet.

Tsikos
Level 10
@Shamino any plan to fix network problems when use power save mode?
Latest drivers lan/wlan from asus website installed.

I am using bios 805 & nothing will work. I get AC installed & it says can't detect devices.

Hi Shamino, do you know if the TUF X670E would also get unlocked trefi? Not sure if the engineers at ASUS are just one team dealing with all the ASUS board them selve or they have another team for TUF since it's not ROG

fredepf
Level 7
Hey i have a big bug.
Hard reset in gaming computer do not shut down but all come black and qcode 00.
Only thing i can do is to shut donw PSU and wait 10 second .
Any idea ?

Hello! I have a 7950x with these rams -> G.SKILL Trident Z5 F5-6000J4040F16GX2-TZ5S (6000mhz) 32GB and a x670e - f gaming wifi . With bios 0802 i could run D.O.C.P 1 fine with 6000 but now with 0805 its not possible anymore. I get bsod's and games are crashing. Im using D.O.C.P 1 with 5600 now and its running perfect with no issues so far. Can someone please look at this issue? I really would like to use 6000 again thanks.

Hi! I also have issues with the bios 805, when I shut down the PC and start it the day after Windows is stuck on the loading screen with logo. I have to force a recovery then it boots. Now I have to put it in suspension mode. I am on Asus ROG Strix x670E-f, Ryzen 7950x, 2x32GB Kingston Beast 5600 CL40, boot on Samsung EVO 960 (PCI-E GEN 3) m.2 PCI-E in the first m.2 slot. I had not this issue with the bios 705.
Edit: I just downgraded back to 705, wait for the next update to try