cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670 resource

Shamino

ill use this thread to collect some new test bioses for the boards, maybe also to explain some less understood options

to disable cores ccd go here and choose ccd xx bit map down core.
each ones stand for an enabled core
best to disable from the back, ie:
instead of 0011000
after selection press downcore apply changes or discard if made mistake

ocpak/octools

FAQ:
7950x not boosting pass 5.5G -> check that CStates is not disabled
Detailed Explanation on CState Boot Limiter

Test BIOSes:

new:
X3D OC Preset for those MB with asynch BCLK Support: (for simple slight perf boost for X3D)

DOCP/EXPO Tweaked: (for simple timings tightening)

strixe-e 1515 

strixe-f 1515 

strix e a 1515 

crosshair hero 1515 

crosshair gene 1515 

crosshair extreme 1515 

creator 670 1515

creator b650 1515

strix 650E I

strix 670 itx

for crosshair and strix e-e:

explanation of segment2 Loadline:

dualseg.jpg

customize a heterogenous loadline for a dual segment workload range.

example above shows loadline=L6 when current is in range of 0~40A, and Level4 when current is above 40A.

Adds for x3d

dynamic ccd priority switch with core flex, os / driver agnostic so win10 win11 ok

Algo as follows:
If condition reached and ccd0 specified, then check current mem/cache activity > threshold and hysteresis reached, if fulfilled then switch
If condition reached and ccd1 specified, then check current mem/cache activity <=threshold and hysteresis reached,, if fulfilled then switch
Default hysteresis =4

Can combine multiple algos for ccd priority so combinations are wide

works on non x3d too but of course senseless on it. detailed explanation here.

2,288 REPLIES 2,288

resync50000 wrote:
so you set nothing in the bios and it doesnt post at all?
did you try the beta?
what ram do you use?
what code is the board giving you?
did you try one module?

If i Clear CMOS and do nothing other than disable the CPU fan Monitor as i am using an AIO, the system boots fine on test BIOS 0803

The problems start if i try to set the RAM to DOCPI or DOCPII, in BIOS 0803 with DOCP set, the system becomes entirely unreliable, it may get to just before logging into windows and will freeze, the Q-code reader is frozen at the last temp reading and stays there until reset. If after this point i go into BIOS there is a good chance it will freeze right away, or it will freeze when trying to save any changes i make. Once it is frozen, either at windows or in BIOS, the only way round it is to either switch off or reset. However that just puts me back to the point of it getting to BIOS or windows loading and freezes once more. The only way to truly get out of this is to Clear CMOS.

The RAM i am using is Corsair Dominator Platinum 6000Mhz 2x 16Gb - this is XMP RAM and isn't on the QCL list for the motherboard.

The problem isn't with the DIMMs i dont think, because i let Memtest86 tun for over 8 hours today and no errors were detected when at stock speed.

To be Clear, i dont have these problems on the last official and verified BIOS of 0705, but in there, My CPU is limited to a max boost of 5.5Ghz which has been confirmed to me today as most likely being caused by the latest AGESA, in fact the max boost speed also applies in all of the test BIOS 0801, 0802 and 0803. If i run BIOS 0611 (or beta 0614) my max boost speed returns to what it should, but then i run into more RAM problems. In those cases (on the earlier BIOS) the PC resets without warning, no errors, no messages, no BSOD, just a reboot like the reset button was pressed.

So in summary:

ON BIOS 0611 & Beta 0614 - unstable system, random reboots
On BIOS Beta 0703 & 0705 - System is stable, but limited to a 5.5Ghz boost
On Test BIOS 0801, 0802 & 0803 - The system becomes unstable again when the RAM is set above stock and also limited to 5.5Ghz boost.

Tyberious
Level 9
Most freezing issues on windows loading that I experienced is from software like iCUE, Armoury crate, etc loading which will cause my system to hang and if it hangs too long it will blue screen. Uninstalling them all solved the problem, but it still hangs for a few seconds.

Tyberious wrote:
Most freezing issues on windows loading that I experienced is from software like iCUE, Armoury crate, etc loading which will cause my system to hang and if it hangs too long it will blue screen. Uninstalling them all solved the problem, but it still hangs for a few seconds.

The same OS with the same Apps works fine when the same GPU is installed on PCIe2 (4x). I have already reinstalled the SO twice and didn't work. My understanding that the BIOS is conflicting or. having some issues to managed the communication on the PCIe1(16x) and the other parts such (processor, mem and NVME).

Hello. I have the x670E-F Gaming wifi with a 7950x. I have updated from 0611 to 0802 and im limited to 5.5ghz now. On the 0611 i had a stable 5.7ghz how is this possible? Also Bios 0705 only works with D.O.C.P 2 instead of 1 for some reason. If i put it on 1 i get BSOD's all over the place. On 0802 i have no issues if i put D.O.C.P 1 on.

Reda_074@live.nl wrote:
Hello. I have the x670E-F Gaming wifi with a 7950x. I have updated from 0611 to 0802 and im limited to 5.5ghz now. On the 0611 i had a stable 5.7ghz how is this possible? Also Bios 0705 only works with D.O.C.P 2 instead of 1 for some reason. If i put it on 1 i get BSOD's all over the place. On 0802 i have no issues if i put D.O.C.P 1 on.

Yes also see that not hit 5.7ghz now but i think that will be fixed soon!

vsoares1 wrote:
The same OS with the same Apps works fine when the same GPU is installed on PCIe2 (4x). I have already reinstalled the SO twice and didn't work. My understanding that the BIOS is conflicting or. having some issues to managed the communication on the PCIe1(16x) and the other parts such (processor, mem and NVME).

Stupid question but you have check if the pcie pins go all the way in on the first pcie slot?

Tsikos wrote:
Stupid question but you have check if the pcie pins go all the way in on the first pcie slot?

Yes

vsoares1 wrote:
Yes

Really strange man, try to RMA your board if you can.

Tsikos wrote:
Really strange man, try to RMA your board if you can.

I agree - Just an FYI:

1 - I have tested my GPU on a different PC and it's working perfectly fine at x16 at my daughters gamer PC.
2 - This is my second MB ( Last week I tried a TUF B650 and this week I'm using a X670) and the issue is identical.

My take as mentioned is an BIOS software issue.

vsoares1 wrote:
I agree - Just an FYI:

1 - I have tested my GPU on a different PC and it's working perfectly fine at x16 at my daughters gamer PC.
2 - This is my second MB ( Last week I tried a TUF B650 and this week I'm using a X670) and the issue is identical.

My take as mentioned is an BIOS software issue.

Ohh so the board not have problem it's software error let's hope the @Shamino find solution!