cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670 resource

Shamino

ill use this thread to collect some new test bioses for the boards, maybe also to explain some less understood options

to disable cores ccd go here and choose ccd xx bit map down core.
each ones stand for an enabled core
best to disable from the back, ie:
instead of 0011000
after selection press downcore apply changes or discard if made mistake

ocpak/octools

FAQ:
7950x not boosting pass 5.5G -> check that CStates is not disabled
Detailed Explanation on CState Boot Limiter

Test BIOSes:

new:
X3D OC Preset for those MB with asynch BCLK Support: (for simple slight perf boost for X3D)

DOCP/EXPO Tweaked: (for simple timings tightening)

strixe-e 1515 

strixe-f 1515 

strix e a 1515 

crosshair hero 1515 

crosshair gene 1515 

crosshair extreme 1515 

creator 670 1515

creator b650 1515

strix 650E I

strix 670 itx

for crosshair and strix e-e:

explanation of segment2 Loadline:

dualseg.jpg

customize a heterogenous loadline for a dual segment workload range.

example above shows loadline=L6 when current is in range of 0~40A, and Level4 when current is above 40A.

Adds for x3d

dynamic ccd priority switch with core flex, os / driver agnostic so win10 win11 ok

Algo as follows:
If condition reached and ccd0 specified, then check current mem/cache activity > threshold and hysteresis reached, if fulfilled then switch
If condition reached and ccd1 specified, then check current mem/cache activity <=threshold and hysteresis reached,, if fulfilled then switch
Default hysteresis =4

Can combine multiple algos for ccd priority so combinations are wide

works on non x3d too but of course senseless on it. detailed explanation here.

2,284 REPLIES 2,284

Tsikos
Level 10
Edit the problem with network still exist!

huppra
Level 7
This new test hero bios 0802 is completely unstable for me when setting negative values in curve optimizer. I've even toned down my stable settings from bios 0094 and I'm still black screening. The only other change I’m making in the bios is my fan curve, disabling the igpu, and setting the memories profile. *See specs on profile.

Further details:
Previously I could *set 114 rated cores at -12, 119 -20, and 121 -22; *with no issue. *The new rest 0802 bios wasn’t stable at a toned down 10, -18, -20.

chris_skaling
Level 7
Hey Shamino few things,

1. Thanks for the test BIOSes. I'm a Ln2 hwbot type of user, does gene have an XOC bios variant? outside of normal ln2 mode, jumper, etc etc. I'm 15th right now for 7950x, but wasn't even trying yet, feeling out the board. https://hwbot.org/submission/5101678_
2. I know well the RSVD switch, but the RSVD_2, how do I interface with it and what does it offer? same question on the light bar and MR test jumpers. From what i gather the light bar is the QCode display. What is the reason that was implemented?
3. Are you doing a documentation refresh or something? All the x670 documentation under the asus website is gone. Like the Motherboard install manual. Im trying to re- download what looked to be something i have been wanting, a bios focused guide. I forgot what it was called but it was there. Nothing is there now, no docs at all under "MANUAL"
on the main asus support site i just looked at the boards i have, gene and extreme, nothing. Bug or you updating?

Thanks!

Shamino
1. no, theres no special xoc variant. gene has an ln2 mode to enable and have an ln2 profile available to load
2. no special functions implemented with rsvd yet, these are open ended switches that can be customized with fw updates but havent thought of anything useful to them on this platform.
3. no idea about that sorry

@Shamino

Do you happen to find beta bios for my/this motherboard as well? I have the X670E-I (ITX) Gaming WiFi. My goal to disable the iGPU as well and try some CPU Tweaking/settings to see if I can make my build stable.

I was able to flash the 0802 BIOS with another USB stick. Works as well as the 0801. WLAN/LAN problem has not been fixed yet. There is now an even newer test BIOS for the Strix E where the WLAN/WIFI problem has been fixed. The CPU SOC is again too high with a RAM from 6000 MHz.

Thanks @Shamino for these resources.

Maybe a naive question here: do these BIOS beta versions possibily extend the support for additional DRAM models?

E.g.: I am currently waiting/hoping for a BIOS version that will support my Corsair Vengeance 2x32 CMK64GX5M2B5600C40 sticks, which I un-carefully bought without checking QVL.
Any answer or insight in this direction would be extremely appreciated.

Cheers,
Matteo

Schrotty74 wrote:
I was able to flash the 0802 BIOS with another USB stick. Works as well as the 0801. WLAN/LAN problem has not been fixed yet. There is now an even newer test BIOS for the Strix E where the WLAN/WIFI problem has been fixed. The CPU SOC is again too high with a RAM from 6000 MHz.

You have WLAN/LAN got disabled after some time?

What? The issues is when disabled wlan in Bios, the lan not working. The issues have all Bios, also 08xx. Only the test bios from Asus Support don't have this.

Schrotty74 wrote:
What? The issues is when disabled wlan in Bios, the lan not working. The issues have all Bios, also 08xx. Only the test bios from Asus Support don't have this.

This is diferent problem from my because i finally find why my network adapters got disabled after time i was ready to rma my board but the windows power saver plan makes that strange disconnects.