cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670 Extreme - PCI-E 4 does not wake up after sleep

xbohdpukc
Level 9

Basically subj. I have a CamLink Pro installed in the PCI 3 slot, which is PCI 4.0 x8.

After computer goes to sleep or hibernate and comes back CamLink is nowhere to be found in the Device Manager. It takes a full reboot to get it back. I saw similar problems posted by people with other mfgs' x670, so not sure if that's the chipset, platform, or CamLink problem. Anyone has a similar experience, or even better, know of a fix?

7 REPLIES 7

DanDanda69CZ
Level 9

Hi in windows go to power options, click on your schematic and change the advanced power options. In the PCI Express tab, turn off power saving!

ROG Strix X670E-E, Ryzen 7900, 2x16 Gb Dominator Platinum 6000Mhz

DanDanda69CZ
Level 9

Just for the record, the same thing happens with USB. For example, when I plug in my iPhone, and the save is turned on in the USB settings, it disconnects after a while. So you need to disable USB sleep in the settings I wrote above as well.

DanDanda69CZ
Level 9

Sorry for czech language, scheme is attached

xbohdpukc
Level 9

Appreciate the thought - that is already off.

xbohdpukc
Level 9

Are the 4 stick sets like this (CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 192GB (4 x 48GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 5200 (PC5 41600) Desktop Memory Model CMK...) supposed to be working at the declared speed? Otherwise it's just nothing but false advertizing?

ugh wrong topic...

Momo_dk
Level 8

If the above suggestion didn't work, this may be an issue with incompatibility with PCIE Gen 4. You could try to go into your mobo's bios and then force GEN 3 for the applicable PCIE port, and see if that solves the issue. 

https://help.elgato.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041899471-Cam-Link-4K-Troubleshooting-Frozen-Video (I know it's not exactly the same issue, but doesn't hurt to rule out.)

I remember when PCIE Gen 4 first came out, my Creative Labs sound card would randomly swab left audio channel with right during gaming session or reboots.