cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated Intel LAN i225 Driver for X670 Motherboards

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin

A new network driver (v.2.1.3.3) is now available for the motherboards below, it is to mitigate the connection drop issue.

ROG CROSSHAIR X670E EXTREME
ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO
ROG CROSSHAIR X670E GENE
ROG STRIX X670E-E GAMING WIFI
ROG STRIX X670E-F GAMING WIFI
ROG STRIX X670E-A GAMING WIFI

Download HERE.

aj333888
Level 8

I followed Intel's workaround to make the following changes in Device Manager on the NIC:
Energy Efficient Ethernet is disabled and Speed & Duplex set to 1Gbps Full Duplex.
This helps but wish it just worked well automatically.

Today the workaround above doesn't seem to be working. Have dropped internet a few times on my one I225-V device while others are fine.

Tiger347
Level 7

Tried with Windows 10 Driver like described, EEE disabled, manual 1 GB FullDuplex - worked good for about a week, today it happened again .. the Problem at Windows 10 driver - i can't de- and re-activate the Connection.. i already messaged support .. don't know if im correct there or if i should text intel...

blitzhax
Level 7

Download intel ethernet adapter driver 28.1.1 (latest) package from intel website directly. Uninstall current ethernet drivers then install the intel one. Set EEE off manually, power management off in the other tab and set to 1gb duplex. It should be listed as driver 2.1.1.7 with date 2/2/2022 on the controller properties window. 

If you start crashing again later, check if windows didn't automatically update the driver again.

This is the only thing that fixed my ethernet controller crashes. I tried every single driver for w11 and w10 listed on asus website and they always crashed every 12 hours or so. Using x670e-i on 7700x.

mdntmank
Level 7

Having had the the strix 670e gaming from day one it was out.  I run a 4090 asus with a 7950x never had a problem with nic until bios 1416 tried trouble shooting loading different intel drivers and so forth.  I purchased a pcie nic realtek and problems still persisted.  What I finally did was downgrade bios back to v1003.00 and both nics now no problems at all running.  The problems seems to be with asus and there crappy bioses apparently even flashing back does not revert all settings back to previous bios, asus has problems for sure and needs to fix there problems with no post with certsin video cards and such.

The problem persisting with a discrete NIC card potentially points to another issue entirely. Not sure what if anything within a UEFI update could impact such things other than AMD's AGESA updates or system stability. USB Flashback and EZFlash will always result in the board being reset to defaults.

Are you able to at least confirm what board you are talking about?

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Disable the Intel NIC in the BIOS and the NIC card will work. I now use a USB NIC and it does not work if the Intel POS is enabled.

FredFlint
Level 8

I have a B650E-E and the NIC was fine for 4+ months but now it drops the connection and will not connect without a reboot. I am done with this NIC, have ordered a USB 1GB NIC as I don’t have a spare PCIe slot. The Intel i225/6 is known to be garbage yet ASUS keeps using them, why?

RamGuy
Level 7

It sure is unstable. My i225-V has the latest firmware and latest drivers. Still dropping out several times per week. Really annoying. I have tried most of the recommendations, none of them seems to be working. Haven't tried to set the speed to 1Gbps as that would defeat the whole purpose as I have it connected to a 2.5Gbps switch. I have a spare Intel X550 10Gbps card, but sadly my bottom radiator makes it next to impossible to have it fit. It would also reduce the bandwidth of my RTX 3090 graphics card as I don't think my motherboard supports running 16x (RTX 3090) and 4x (Intel X550) at the same time so my graphics card would be reduced to 8x. Shouldn't affect performance, but still.

Yuenight
Level 7

Hi guys, I have an ROG STRIX X670E-I, it has an Intel Ethernet Controller I225-V which was also having the random disconnects to the internet with the cable plug in. 

What I did that I think to have seem to help is (in windows 11) go search for edit power plan, then click change advance power settings and then go PCI express, Link State Power Management and then turn it to off.

That seem to keep the ethernet working. Is there a fix for this issue so that we don't have to do that?