cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated Intel LAN i225 Driver for X670 Motherboards

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin

A new network driver (v.2.1.3.3) is now available for the motherboards below, it is to mitigate the connection drop issue.

ROG CROSSHAIR X670E EXTREME
ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO
ROG CROSSHAIR X670E GENE
ROG STRIX X670E-E GAMING WIFI
ROG STRIX X670E-F GAMING WIFI
ROG STRIX X670E-A GAMING WIFI

Download HERE.

Schrotty74
Level 9
First test here, working good here but spead breaking when load a other site.
See Screenshot https://ibb.co/chfZyJf

Also available for B650(E) at Asus website.
Edit: Sadly does not resolve the event viewer errors "Intel(R) Ethernet Controller (3) I225-V Network link is disconnected." (Event ID 27)

aj333888
Level 8

Been running my X670E-E build for around 6 months now. 3-4 times I've had events where the NIC stopped working. I'm running the 2.1.3.3 driver since its release. I lost connection today for the first time with it. This time the NIC appeared fine in device manager but my device still failed over to the WLAN adapter as if the NIC wasn't available. Disabling and re-enabling the NIC device brought the NIC connection back to life as it has each time. I haven't messed around with any NIC settings related to power.  The issue for me has been rare all along but I'd say it's still not fixed.

Another event yesterday (first time it's been so close to the previous event). I walked away for a few minutes and came back to the network disconnected/no internet. Checked device manager and again the NIC device appeared to be working. This time I decided to remove and reinsert the ethernet cable and that triggered the connection to come back. The last time I didn't see any Windows Events but this time a see 3 sets of e2fnexpress events going between disconnected and connected within a few minutes window until I intervened...

Intel(R) Ethernet Controller (3) I225-V
Network link is disconnected.

Network link has been established at 1Gbps full duplex.

Network link is disconnected.

I have the B650E-E Strix board and am still having the disconnection problem. This is with driver 2.1.3.3 and messing with things like EEE. 

Having to use a USB network card on a high end B-series motherboard is insane. 

AXG
Level 7

Link doesn't work

RamGuy
Level 7

Just stop using v2.x.x.x drivers, even though they are meant for Windows 11 22H2.

I'm having issues with pretty much every v2.x.x.x drivers for Intel i225. Running Windows 11 22H2 / 22621.xxx and my network card keeps disconnecting all the time. There is nothing wrong with cabling or my network switch. It normally works just fine, but upon using the built-in VPN feature in Windows 11 it starts acting up immediately. Completey useless.

Opting for using v1.x.x.x drivers, meant for Windows 10 and there are no issues whatsoever. Extremely annoying.

Bison963
Level 7

Intel LAN i225, I am testing this controller, if I find a stable and fast setting for this type, I will add a comment. I downloaded the Intel manual for this controller, according to it I am testing the settings for a stable connection.

Dekla347
Level 7

Build my new PC - have the Problems too 😞

Windows 11, 21H2 - thought an Update might help but it doesn't sound like it would help.

for me its completely random - might go well 6 hours might happen in 20 minutes. Tried an older and the actual driver but can't get it to work stable.

The whole Connection thing won't get if you unplug the cable or not. its completely broke as it seems.. 

i read that there might be a firmware-update, tried it but it says no device found.. so..yeah.. 

an older driver of windows 10 will do fine if i got this right?