cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI

digitalMedic
Level 7

Hello all.  I have the TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI and my onboard audio seems a lot lower than I expected.  I had to set the Realtek Audio Control Panel's amplify setting to extreme to make it loud.  Anyone else find their MB to be quieter than you thought it would be?  Also, I cannot find how to adjust DTS settings.  Is this not possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@digitalMedic wrote:

I mostly use my Klipsch Promedia 5.1 Ultra setup unless I am playing online with friends.  The impedance sensing is showing in the middle of 1000 ohms and 420 ohms.  I can select the speaker config, but there are no DTS sound effects options.  I thought there would be additional options such as EQ, loudness, music/game/video, etc. like on all my other previous motherboards.  Maybe I expected wrong.  Just disappointed is all.  Thanks for the reply.

Hi,

The EQ and DTS sound effects settings are in your third party app (DTS Audio Processing). It is by design, it's intended to work like this at least for modern ASUS products : If a third party app is built-in, the equalization is done via the third party app :

MoKiChU_0-1682084983071.jpeg

MoKiChU_1-1682084992681.jpeg

You have an ASUS TUF DTS Audio Processing motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS AP) from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx).

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Nate152

Hello digitalMedic,

What is the Ohm rating of your headphones?

Higher Ohm rated headphones may take a little more volume. With my Sennheiser HD6XX's, Sonic Studio 3 automatically sets the Amplify Level to Extreme, I set the windows volume to about 40% when playing games and it's a comfortable level for me.

When I listen to music and crank the volume to 100% it sounds good with no distortion but it could be louder, to get louder you will need a dedicated amp and DAC.

The Sennheiser HD6XX are 300 Ohm headphones.

I mostly use my Klipsch Promedia 5.1 Ultra setup unless I am playing online with friends.  The impedance sensing is showing in the middle of 1000 ohms and 420 ohms.  I can select the speaker config, but there are no DTS sound effects options.  I thought there would be additional options such as EQ, loudness, music/game/video, etc. like on all my other previous motherboards.  Maybe I expected wrong.  Just disappointed is all.  Thanks for the reply.

@digitalMedic wrote:

Hi,

The EQ and DTS sound effects settings are in your third party app (DTS Audio Processing). It is by design, it's intended to work like this at least for modern ASUS products : If a third party app is built-in, the equalization is done via the third party app :

MoKiChU_0-1682084983071.jpeg

MoKiChU_1-1682084992681.jpeg

You have an ASUS TUF DTS Audio Processing motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS AP) from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx).

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Thanks for the information.  I was missing the DTS settings and app.  Not sure why the Asus driver from the motherboard support page did not include it.  The settings show up now, although they don't work for non stereo configurations.  Bit surprised at how basic this motherboards audio settings are, but everything appears to be there now.  Thanks!

Your motherboard built-in audio controller/licence can only :

- SPDIF port : Output only Stereo PCM, so no 5.1/7.1 PCM (uncompressed) or 5.1/7.1 DTS/Dolby (compressed).
- 3.5mm jack port : Output only Stereo PCM or 5.1/7.1 PCM (uncompressed), so no 5.1/7.1 DTS/Dolby (compressed).

However your audio equipment should be able to do the upmix processing on its side (Stereo PCM to 5.1/7.1). Also, if your audio equipment is DTS:X or Dolby Atmos compatible, I would advise you not to use the built-in motherboard audio controller for your audio equipment, and go through the HDMI port of your iGPU or your GPU with DTS Sound Unbound or Dolby Access.

Also, please refer to this FAQ : [Motherboard] Audio I/O connections setting and Audio 2, 4, 5.1 or 7.1-channel configuration.

Note : The audio content in 5.1/7.1 DTS/Dolby (compressed) will be played in Stereo and not decoded in 5.1/7.1 PCM, only the audio content in 5.1/7.1 PCM (uncompressed) will be played in 5.1/7.1 PCM. Only SS3 can upmix all audio content up to 7.1 PCM (or virtualize 5.1/7.1/3D audio content in Stereo/5.1/7.1) but SS3 need SS3 licence & SS3 hardware APO which are only built-in with ASUS ROG motherboards.

Ok, thank you for the additional information.

beat_g
Level 7

Is your audio device connected to the mainboard directly or via a monitor?
I recently had a similar problem, because I had my speakers connected to my monitor and the volume of my monitor was at 50% after I had updated the firmware of my monitor.
If you use an output device with a volume control, make shure that is set to the desired level as well.

RIG1: ASUS ROG Strix GA35 (G35DX-CH031R)
RIG2: Custom PC with Asus Rog Strix B650E-E Gaming WiFi

Connected directly to the motherboard.  Just surprised at how much lower volume this board is compared to my previous  motherboards.  Thanks for the reply.

Nate152

Oh nice, I had the Klipsch 5.1 Pro Media pc speaker system, it sounded great. I say had because the amp blew from playing it too loud for too long. Don't make the mistake I did, I'm pretty sure you can't even get the 5.1 Pro Media anymore.

Those are powered speakers, you'll want to crank the windows volume to 100% and use the volume knob on the controller. It has bass and treble knobs too, never had any trouble getting enough bass, there are two woofers in the subwoofer. 

I've tried DTS Sound Unbound a good while back, I'm pretty sure it just gives you spatial audio, spatial audio is good for games and movies that are supported, but I don't recall any EQ or sound settings. I do remember enabling it lowered the sound.

Just confirming you have it connected correctly.

5.1.png