cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TUF GAMING B650M-PLUS WIFI: Audio Speaker Fill missing

MoboUser
Level 7

Hello,

So I bought this MOBO, especially because it supports 5.1 and 7.1 Surround Sound.

Thing is, the Speaker Fill feature is missing on the Windows 11 generic driver. So I tried the Realtek driver provided by the Armoury Create software but the Speaker Fill option is also missing from the Realtek Audio Control application (see screenshots below, in french).

After some research, it seems I am not the only one having that issue. How come a motherboard natively supporting 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound (as per the spec) misses such an important feature? Does someone have find a solution for Windows 11?

On my old P8B75-M LE, not only I was able to do jack retasking to support 5.1 but also the speaker fill feature was supported (even on Windows 10).

Realtek Audio Control 1.pngRealtek Audio Control 2.png

17 REPLIES 17

Olavo
Level 8

Hello, 

I have the same issue. I have 7.1 speakers but cannot use them. 

Asus TUF A530m plus 2

No. I don't have that "speaker fill" option in my Realtek Audio Control. The only workaround was to uninstall the provided Asus driver and use the generic one provided by Windows, e.g., https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/zenith-extreme-x399-e/speaker-fill-gone/m-p/798046

But the speaker fill works so bad this way: sound quality sucks and this works only for sound coming from Firefox, not VLC for example.

Anyway, I ended up returning my Asus motherboard. This with the coil whine was too much trouble. If I have to experience issues, I might as well get a cheaper model.

Thanks for the help.

the Armory is not pointing to the latest driver version available.

I followed the below procedure and updated to the latest available Realtek drivers and it solved the issue. I can now select and configure 5.1/7.1

https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/intel-700-600-series/drivers-realtek-audio-intel-2xx-3xx-4xx-5xx-6xx-7...

MoboUser
Level 7

I was able to configure my 5.1. I wasn't able to select the Speaker Fill option, since it was missing from the Realtek Audio Control. Can you make a screenshot where you found this option? Thanks.

Olavo_0-1681850760221.png

Aaah, too bad I missed this. Was it on a TUF GAMING B650M as well? I had another issue with the mobo but I would have certainly keep it if the sound was okay. Thanks for sharing.

UbergamR
Level 8

Hey! i Have the M less WIFI less version of the mobo (TUF GAMING B650-PLUS) and even after installing mokichus "latest" drivers i still dont have speaker fill 😞no fillno fillversionsversions

Why is this tagged as resolved, IT IS NOT RESLOVED.  THERE IS STILL NO SPEAKER FILL OPTION, 500 F'N DOLLAR Z790 MOBO WITH NO F'N SPEAKER FILL WITH 7.1 SPEAKERS, WTF.  ASUS NEEDS TO CHANGE THEIR MOTO TO SOMETHING LIKE  "WE STRIVE FOR OVERPRICED MEDIOCRAIATY" SO PISSED ABOUT THIS.