cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STRIX X670E-F GAMING WIFI+Corsair Vengeance sticks: any hope for next BIOS releases?

mett1990
Level 7
TL;DR: Is there a possibility that upcoming BIOS updates will extend compatibility of RAM sticks to Corsair Vengeance 5600 MHz CMK64GX5M2B5600C40?

Hello there,
Happened to me to choose and order components for a PC to be used at work, that I wanted to assemble myself.
Motherboard would have been STRIX X670E-F GAMING WIFI with AMD Ryzen 9 7950X processor.
For choosing the RAM sticks made a naive mistake by not checking the QVL list, at that time I did not even know such a list existed.
I then chose to buy 2x of Corsair Vengeance (2x32) 5600 MHz CMK64GX5M2B5600C40, for a total of 128GB.
At boot the Q-LED related to RAM stucks in a solid yellow light, and indeed nothing is shown in the video.
I upgraded the BIOS to version 0705 via flashback, nothing changed.

After all the usual troubleshooting and after contacting official ASUS support, my conclusion is that at present the RAM sticks I have are just not "compatible".
Hence my question above.

Any asnwers/comments/hints?
2 REPLIES 2

planetbeing
Level 7
If you’re just operating the RAM at stock speeds (I.e. you did not enable DOCP in the BIOS), the RAM is most likely “compatible� even though it’s not in the QVL. Perhaps they’re not all seated properly? I would try one stick in slot 2, then if that works, two from the same kit in slots 2 and 4, then try all four slots again. You’ll be able to debug what’s wrong by slowly working your way up to all 4.

Also, just a note, Â*you’re probably not going to be able to get the advertised speed of 5600 MT/s with all four slots filled, at least perhaps without some tuning. See this article:Â*https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-confirms-ryzen-7000-memory-sweet-spot-is-ddr5-6000

planetbeing wrote:
If you’re just operating the RAM at stock speeds (I.e. you did not enable DOCP in the BIOS), the RAM is most likely “compatible� even though it’s not in the QVL. Perhaps they’re not all seated properly? I would try one stick in slot 2, then if that works, two from the same kit in slots 2 and 4, then try all four slots again. You’ll be able to debug what’s wrong by slowly working your way up to all 4.

Also, just a note, Â*you’re probably not going to be able to get the advertised speed of 5600 MT/s with all four slots filled, at least perhaps without some tuning. See this article:Â*https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-confirms-ryzen-7000-memory-sweet-spot-is-ddr5-6000

Hi, first of all thanks for answering.
Indeed, I was just too impatient, and I did not really know about the time it takes for 600 series to configure bios the first time.
I hence started with one single RAM stick and waited a bit more at startup. When I realized that it was just matter of time then I added also the rest of the sticks and now I am able to boot the BIOS.

Now I guess there is a whole world to learn, as the memory frequency is lower than the nominal one and all the configurations must be tuned/tweaked, I guess.

Thanks again for the hint and for your time.