cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix B650E-E - Bios 1410 - is bugy, memory context restore doesn' t work !!!

Flexxxx
Level 8

I have a problem with my Strix B650E-E board that I cannot activate a memory context restore. The computer then hangs during the boot process and only a reset helps.

The beta bios 1410 is also very buggy, it keeps freezing when you press F10 to save and restart. Hope someone from ASUS reads here!

With Bios 1222, Memory Context Restore doesn't work at all, regardless of whether it's enabled, auto or disabled... nothing changes at all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

D4NK3STM3M3S
Level 9

Hi,

I had a similar issue on a different board and the solution I found was to switch which Memory context restore setting I was using. There's two MCR options in the BIOS, one in the AI tweaker area and one in the Advanced options. You could try switching to the other one depending on which one you're currently using. I'm not entirely sure what your motherboard bios looks like but assuming it's mostly the same, in Ai Tweaker/Extreme tweaker go to the DRAM Timing Control and scroll quite far down and you'll find the first Memory Context Restore option in there. The second one can be found in Advanced options. First go to Advanced, then scroll down to AMD CBS, then to UMC common options and finally it's under memory features or a similar label but once in UMC common options it's not too hard to find the second MCR option. Disable the one you're currently using and enable the other one and see if that changes anything. On my board I had been using the one in the Advanced options and my PC would instantly BSOD on any bios after 0821 but after switching them over it's working fine on the newer BIOS revisions (1222, 1223 and 1410).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

D4NK3STM3M3S
Level 9

Hi,

I had a similar issue on a different board and the solution I found was to switch which Memory context restore setting I was using. There's two MCR options in the BIOS, one in the AI tweaker area and one in the Advanced options. You could try switching to the other one depending on which one you're currently using. I'm not entirely sure what your motherboard bios looks like but assuming it's mostly the same, in Ai Tweaker/Extreme tweaker go to the DRAM Timing Control and scroll quite far down and you'll find the first Memory Context Restore option in there. The second one can be found in Advanced options. First go to Advanced, then scroll down to AMD CBS, then to UMC common options and finally it's under memory features or a similar label but once in UMC common options it's not too hard to find the second MCR option. Disable the one you're currently using and enable the other one and see if that changes anything. On my board I had been using the one in the Advanced options and my PC would instantly BSOD on any bios after 0821 but after switching them over it's working fine on the newer BIOS revisions (1222, 1223 and 1410).

Hey thanks for the hint. I have now activated and tested it under Ai Tweaker/DRAM Timing Control and lo and behold, it works.

Thanks very much

Stephen304
Level 7

I just want to add that I had the same issue, and having either of the 2 memory context restore options caused BSODs and freezing in the BIOS, which made it hard to turn off or change the settings since I had to navigate the menus in about 20 seconds. So unfortunately for me the fix was just to keep both of them off.

For reference, I have corsair CMK32GX5M2D6000C36 and the B650E-I

Looking at the kit of ram you have, it's an XMP kit. I've heard that XMP kits can sometimes be fussy when trying to use them in AMD 600 boards. Maybe try inputting the speed and timings manually and then try the MCR options if you haven't done that yet. Also, what BIOS revision are you using?

Thanks for the reminder to check, I was on 1222 and a few days after my build 1224 came out, which seems to be working fine after updating and enabling the AI tweaker > memory context restore option. I already had DOCP I enabled, and now my boot times are significantly reduced, ~10 seconds to post and ~17 seconds to desktop compared to something like 30-40 seconds before

Edit: It seems the problem is still present unfortunately, the bios update turned off DOCP and after turning it on I get memory related BSODs again. For now I will just live with the slow boot times because I don't start up the PC often, it's currently taking 35 seconds to post, 45 seconds to desktop.