cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPD Write?

huppra
Level 7
I just picked up AMD 7950x , Asus Crosshair Hero X670, and Corsair Dominator Ram. However the RAM is not recognized in ICUE so the RGB is not controlable From what I've read its because Asus Defaults SPD Write to off, however I cannot find this setting anywhere in the bios. Is it just not there or am I missing something?

I'm currently on the 0703 beta.
11 REPLIES 11

Soupladel
Level 10
I have the same problem but have noticed that doing things like a reinstall of icue will cause the ram to appear but only usually until the next reboot.

I too have seen the articles talking about SPD write in relation to Intel platforms and DDR5, but wasnt sure it even existed in the current revisions of the BIOS for our boards

Soupladel
Level 10
i have just installed the plug in and it hasn't done any good, in fact now when i go into the tools section of ArmoryCrate, it tries to open some sort of link and then errors saying i need to restart AC but of course, that doesnt solve the problem and it keeps trying to open something Windows10 wants to look on the MS store to find something to open it with

I was having a lot of issues with armory crate, so I did a clean install of Windows 11 and left it uninstalled. All of those issues have now topped thankfully.

Bananas4Life wrote:
I was having a lot of issues with armory crate, so I did a clean install of Windows 11 and left it uninstalled. All of those issues have now topped thankfully.

i managed to do a clean install but it didnt solve the problem even with the plug in of the RAM disappearing from Icue

Soupladel wrote:
i managed to do a clean install but it didn't solve the problem even with the plug in of the RAM disappearing from Icue

I actually uninstalled icue and then I couldn't get Windows to boot. I was getting BSOD's stating "My Digital Signature couldn't be verified". I couldn't even boot via USB. I ended up clearing the CMOS and it solved it, but very bizarre that happened when uninstalling icue. I was gaming beforehand and notice my icue was acting up. Thankfully no further issues after removing icue.

Soupladel
Level 10
since i have gone to 0705 and updated to the latest nvidia drivers (517, i was previously sticking to 512 because of icue compatibility) my ram seems to be staying put in icue, but my gpu has now disappeared

Soupladel wrote:
since i have gone to 0705 and updated to the latest nvidia drivers (517, i was previously sticking to 512 because of icue compatibility) my ram seems to be staying put in icue, but my gpu has now disappeared

same bios and gpu drivers but the corsair ram has yet to appear in icue for me.

Murph_9000 wrote:
Have you downloaded and installed the plugin?

[Motherboard] Aura Sync Compatibility with Corsair Performance LED Memory

yes, no luck

Giga522
Level 7
Hey guys, i fixed my DDR5 detection problem. (iCue 4.29.203)

I have a X670E Gene board (NO SPD Write necessary). The Intel Thunderbolt Driver (1.41.1193.0) could also interfere with iCue. Intel boards should use probably the same intel controller.

Try to disable Thunderbolt under the device manager:

- Two Components are involved: 1. Thunderbolt Controller, 2. Cypress UCM Client-Pheripherie driver.

Afterwards restart your PC. The RAM should now be recognized.