cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG X670E Extreme stuck on code 00

HuziDada
Level 8
Hey guys I have a new build with a 7600X, Gskill Trident 5 32GB DDR5 and the Asus X670E Extreme board and I cant get it to boot, just shows code 00 on the LED and the Oled shows 00 Memory

I have tried everything including single RAM stick on multiple slots, reseating everything, BIOS flashback to latest bios, nothing helps, do you think its a memory problem, a cpu problem or a problem with this board?
11 REPLIES 11

HuziDada
Level 8
Hey guys I have a new build with a 7600X, Gskill Trident 5 32GB DDR5 and the Asus X670E Extreme board and I cant get it to boot, just shows code 00 on the LED and the Oled shows 00 Memory

I have tried everything including single RAM stick on multiple slots, reseating everything, BIOS flashback to latest bios, nothing helps, do you think its a memory problem, a cpu problem or a problem with this board?

xeromist
I'd say CPU but it could be motherboard. I would remove the CPU and inspect the pins. Bent? Missing?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
I'd say CPU but it could be motherboard. I would remove the CPU and inspect the pins. Bent? Missing?

CPU is fine, its working in a cheap B650 board I was running until I got this motherboard. Not a single pin looks bent or out of line. My RAM is also on the QVL list but Im guessing RAM would show some other error and not 00

Poloasis
Level 9
I too gets the Qcode 00 while gaming on the x670E Hero after 4hrs+ or so, all components tested ok, CPU, RAM, Video, power and thermal. Seems Qcode 00 feels like a BIOS crash, seems unlikely but there it is.

Poloasis wrote:
I too gets the Qcode 00 while gaming on the x670E Hero after 4hrs+ or so, all components tested ok, CPU, RAM, Video, power and thermal. Seems Qcode 00 feels like a BIOS crash, seems unlikely but there it is.

I have not gotten it to boot at all, dont even see a splash screen with the ASUS logo just code 00

code 00 is def cpu related. as others have suggested remove the cpu check the pins on the board and clean the contacts on the bottom of the cpu.

aaron158 wrote:
code 00 is def cpu related. as others have suggested remove the cpu check the pins on the board and clean the contacts on the bottom of the cpu.

Chip is brand new and works perfectly on a B650 motherboard I have

Soupkitchen10
Level 7

I think this is ALL bios related. I’ve just built mine with a ryzen 7950, 4 sticks of Corsair ram, 3 ssds and a 4090. The first thing I did, foolishly, was update the bios and even though when I first booted up to the bios it all worked, once updating to 1415, I could only get it to post if I removed all the ram except 1 stick in a2. Then after a restart I could put the ram back in and it worked once, then went to error 00.

so just before taking it back to the shop I decided to change to the second bios, which is 705. This bios just works and I can boot the machine with all 128gb of ram just fine.

if I followed all the advice here I’d have reset the cpu or exchanged it or something but really the problem is completely down to the latest bios being fundamentally broken.

Update. After being on for an hour and a half I decided to try and reboot and now the machine won’t post with either bios. I’m taking it back tomorrow and I’m going to be changing to a different brand.