cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX X670E-A GAMING WIFI - EXPO not working on newer UEFIs after 0805

kennycoder
Level 8

I know there are plenty of posts around this topic, mostly focused on non Strix motherboards but the chipset is the same. After upgrading from 0805 to 0922, 0925, 1003 beta and 1004 (with some other betas in the middle), EXPO does NOT work. It won't boot and will go into failsafe mode. Literally, flash bios, load optimized defaults, boot to windows, all good. Reboot, enable EXPO 1 or 2 or "Tweaked", nothing else, won't post and will go into bios "recovery mode" or whatever it's called.

Tried both Gskill 6000 and Kingston 6000 memories with different timings (2x32gb)

When is this going to be fixed? None of my colleagues with MSI nor Gigabyte boards experience such issues (besides some minor things when tweaking curves and whatnot).

Maybe too much time is being spent on writing "ROG ROG ROG ROG " and "for those who dare for those who dare for those who dare " (thanks Steve) on the motherboards instead of issuing working UEFI firmwares.

Thank you for your attention and appreciate some guidance.

4 REPLIES 4

kennycoder
Level 8

Aight, after countless hours I found a solution for my problem. EXPO is not working, however I loaded the SK hynix profile for ddr5-6200 (2x32gb) @ 1.4v. It's in the advanced memory settings. This put the factory timings for the die that I have (or at least close to that).

After that I set memory manually to 5600, tested, worked, then 6000, tested, worked and even pushed higher than my official expo/xmp spec to 6200. All stable with better timing (32-38-38).

The memory in question is Kingston Fury 2x32GB (KF560C36BBEK2-64).

Hope this helps someone.

Hey kennycoder,

While expo is supposed to be a one click set and forget feature, it doesn't always work that way, especially with higher speed/capacity memory kits.

The model and quality of cpu matters as this is where the memory controller lies and according to your memory overclock, it looks like you got a good one. I too prefer to set my ram manually as this usually gives better results. 

64GB at 6200MHz CL32 is exceptionally good.

Way to go and thank you for sharing your information.

killNplay
Level 7

Same, nothing but problems with this board causing me countless hours trying to figure out what was wrong with my new gaming build PC. Multiple reimages of windows, ruling out all manner of potential issues to find out it was due to this amd5 and ddr5 expo overvolting nonsense. Even now with bios 1415 I cannot use expo no matter what voltage or timngs I manually set. I literally have a gimped PC unable to use DDR5 to it's potential. Not sure what to do.

Have you try to copy the settings of expo and put it in as manual it works for me on 4 stick ram of gskil 6000mhz at 1.4v now dont get me wrong there is days i boot pc and it just says nope and will bsod or gsod of random causes but most of time it seems to run fine even pass stress test so its a issue with the bios i am sure not the ram