cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Crosshair X670E Gene: no audio

Quentin2
Level 7
Hi.

I've bought a Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Gene mainboard and had my struggles with it. In the end, most worked out, but one major issue remains:
At the beginning there was simply no onboard soundcard to be found in Win11 device manager (a clean new install, after a run of Armory Crate, there is no unknown device in there either). There was one sound device visible, though, called "NVIDIA High Definition Audio", delivered by my Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Super connected to a monitor via DP.

I've spend hours searching for a solution. After long search, I've found a well-hidden option in BIOS: Advanced > Onboard Devices Configuration > NBIO Common Options > Audio Configuration > NB Azalia. That was set to "automatic". I thought, maybe the mainboard was thinking "well, there is already that NVIDIA High Definition Audio" device, so I don't need onboard soundcard. I changed that to "enabled".

After reboot, I have now in device manager a "PCI device" (yes, that generic) with a yellow exclamation sign on it. And no matter what I do, I cannot get it to run. I've downloaded multiple times the Audio drivers from Asus webpage, run the SETUP, it takes a while and then wants a reboot. After reboot, there is still that unknown "PCI device". And manually trying to point it to some .inf file in the package, I always receive a strong warning from operating system, that it doesn't think I should do it. And if I still continue, Win11 crashes.

What can I do to finally get my onboard soundcard to work? Does anybody have a clue?

Best wishes to everyone and thanks for the help in advance.

P.S.: Latest Bios 0805 is installed, speaker is connected to line out, I didn't connect anything to the internal onboard sound plug - hope this covers most asked details.
0 REPLIES 0