cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme

aaron158
Level 7
I have a ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme i got a kit of Kingston KF556C40BBAK2-64 this ram is on the QVL list. this ram don't support expo just XMP the only options in the bios is DOCP 1 and 2 manual or auto.

Weather i set DOCP 1 or 2 5600 mhz or manually time and add a little on to the timing or voltage it makes 0 dif as soon as u hit save the system flashes off for half a second and then powers on and goes instantly to Code 00 the LCD screen just says Memory Testing. u can let it set forever and nothing will ever change.

if u lower the docp setting to 5200 u can get the system to post however the system is not 100% stable. i can do things like stress test prime95 furmark ect i can run that for an hour with 0 issues. but when the system is in use or even sitting ide u will get random reboots no blue screen or nothing just reboots.

with everything set to auto running at the stock 4800 speeds everything works perfect no reboots nothing.

i tired bios 0705 and tired down grading to the older 0611 the only dif with that one was there wasn't an option for docp 1 and 2 just plain docp but still no post at the rated 5600 speed.

Today they posted version 0805 witch claims 2. Improve DRAM compatibility but still 0 change no post.
6 REPLIES 6

planetbeing
Level 7
Do you have the memory in slots 2 and 4? Check Ryzen Master and see what U Clock is set to when you boot with 5200.

planetbeing wrote:
Do you have the memory in slots 2 and 4? Check Ryzen Master and see what U Clock is set to when you boot with 5200.

yes there in the proper slots. I've tired other 2 slots just for the heck of it to and it makes 0 dif.

aaron158 wrote:
yes there in the proper slots. I've tired other 2 slots just for the heck of it to and it makes 0 dif.

Any luck? I'm having a similar problem. I initially had a set of Kingston sticks rated for 6400Mhz and couldn't get any stability at 6400Mhz or 6000Mhz. Now I'm using a set of G.Skill sticks on the QVL list and the same exact stability issues.i hope we don't go another month or more before another bios update. I am not happy spending this much on a Mobo that doesn't work anywhere near expectations.

edespericueta wrote:
Any luck? I'm having a similar problem. I initially had a set of Kingston sticks rated for 6400Mhz and couldn't get any stability at 6400Mhz or 6000Mhz. Now I'm using a set of G.Skill sticks on the QVL list and the same exact stability issues.i hope we don't go another month or more before another bios update. I am not happy spending this much on a Mobo that doesn't work anywhere near expectations.

nope i got kingston to agree to a refund for the kit since i'm past when i can return it to the store. i ordered a 64 gig kit kit of g skill expo ram its not on the asus qvl list but g skill claims to have test the ram on one of these boards. ram comes tueday hopefully so will see on that.

i also am exchanging out the cpu with amazon in case its a memory controller issue. that should be here tomorrow or monday

asus has been largely useless i been speaking to Thomas Yiu Technical Product Manager i believe he is pretty high up in there tech dept and hasn't really offered any solutions he said there engineers put together a system with the same hardware i listed off and were able to get it to post. so makes 0 since how i've tired everything. all they keep telling me clean the ram and the slots or for the first few days it was hard to get them to understand this wasn't expo ram it was docp and docp was the only setting.

i ran 2 passes in memtest 86 with the ram at 4800 and it passed with 0 errors. so i can only assume the ram isn't totally bad but maybe it just can't handle the 5600 speed but who knows.

ya that's what i told asus in Canada this board cost $1350 cad plus taxes... suppose to be an extreme over clockers board I'm not even trying to do anything extreme with it just get ram to run at its rated speed and i can't even get it to do that lol

Ok now i have an update. the replacement cpu came in today.

I pulled out the old cpu and inspected all the pins on the motherboard and they all look perfect.

then i looked at the bottom of the first cpu and notice several of the pins have a discoloration to them not a grayish color so not paste. and i don't recall touching the bottom so i don't think its my finger prints on it. basically the first cpu went right from the box to the socket.

so i placed the brand new replacement in and powered on bios detects a new cpu installed and does a reset. go into the bios changeling only 1 setting turn docp on.

well surprise surprise system actually starts to run the post testing with docp on at 5600 speed with the original Kingston memory. system now post no problem.

the stuff on the bottom of the first cpu cleaned off with ipa. my only guess some how someone or something at the factory touched the cpu and got something on it that was causing issues or it has nothing to do with that and the cpu just has trash memory controller.

but i guess def check your cpus before installing them and if anything looks off clean with a q tip and ipa.

now i guess i need to run memtest86 at 5600 and see if any errors come up. and if the system will randomly just reboot like it did at 5200 mhz.

Another update was able to run a pass of memtest 86 with the ram at 5600 speed and it tested with 0 errors.

so i guess the lesson here is if u turn on docp for ram and it instantly goes to a 00 error code without trying to run any of the other post test. remove the cpu and double check the pads on the bottom to make sure they are clean and check your pins on the board. if there not clean with some ipa. if the problem don't go away then exchange the cpu with the place u bought it from and hopefully the issue will go away.

so i guess time will tell now if the system is 100% stable and there is no weird random reboots.

tueday the faster 6000 mhz g skill expo kit comes i guess i will give that a try and if everything works with that ill keep the faster ram kit since Kingston already agreed to take there kit back.