cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme and Newest Armory Create

aaron158
Level 7
after updating armoury create today i noticed the cpus fans running fast. when i went into fan xpert my fan profile was competently deleted. when i went to run the fan tuning it got 40ish% in to it and that's when the system shut it self off. windows didn't crash or reboot. the system completely turned off on its own. restarted tried running it again and same thing. on the 3rd started up that was when i looked at the cpu temp in fan xpert it was reporting 75c with no other programs running.

at first though the cpu cooler failed it never ran anywhere near that hot before at idle. after a bunch of fiddling i went in the bios and saw temps in there were normal for and what they always were.

so i booted back into windows and loaded up hwinfo and temps were normal for ide. that's when i loaded up armoury crate again and noticed the temp shot up to 75c again.

the temps wouldn't drop back down even if i closed out the program i had to reboot and temp went down again.

i can run prime 95 and temps hover at 91c witch is normal for a 7950x at full load system never crashes.

but for some reason running armoury crate makes temp on cpu jump to 75c that's more then it goes running a game even. and if u try to run fan tuning the temperature just run out of control until the system powers down.
3 REPLIES 3

Norkill
Level 7
Is Armory Crate eating 1 core 100% for no reason? Becouse for me after update it did so my 7700x was running 5+Ghz all time -> temps higher -> fan faster. Open Task Manager and stop helper thread or whatever it is called and should be fine. For me adding to that my rgb started to turn off and on every now and then. Before update was fine

Norkill wrote:
Is Armory Crate eating 1 core 100% for no reason? Becouse for me after update it did so my 7700x was running 5+Ghz all time -> temps higher -> fan faster. Open Task Manager and stop helper thread or whatever it is called and should be fine. For me adding to that my rgb started to turn off and on every now and then. Before update was fine

not sure overall cpu usage said 10% but i didn't look that far into it to see if 1 core was at high usage.

i email asus they said there isn't any reports of issues so who knows. everything is fine as long as i don't start armoury create up so i guess its good it don't have to stay running in the background for stuff to work.

AC crashed when running the fan calibration for me. Uninstall did nothing so I spent 1 hour removing 6 different system services and the files manually. Likely registry is not clean either. Main take-way is never use armory crate, ever.